Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Razleavy wrote: »
    Dark Souls speed run (1:26:28) Madness!

Ok watch the part 2 of the speed run what the hell did he do ceasless discharge.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

play.com will ship it within 3-5 days for €18.49 (probably out of stock too) t that 3-5 days might be an estimate of hen they'll get it back in)
    Also, there's always ebay

Site now says
    Sold by Play.com

Usually dispatched within 1-2 weeks
    Polar101 wrote: »
    Is that the full version of the "mini-guide" PDF that came with the limited edition?

It is.
    Still want the physical copy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Ok watch the part 2 of the speed run what the hell did he do ceasless discharge.

I haven't watched the video but I'm assuming he died instantly? If you lure him near enough the the entrance, he falls into the canyon and dies on his own.

Some people are calling it a bug but i prefer to think of it as clever use of game mechanics.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Right... looking for advice yet again.

1. I feel like I've overlevelled for where I am (killed Ceaseless Discharge, came back.) Still haven't been to the new londo ruins, catacombs, or past Ceaseless Discharge. Where to after Sens Fortress?

2. What should I focus on levelling up other than Vit/End... Dex? Faith?

3. How should I proceed with upgrading my bandits knife +5? I've a few options.

That's it for now.

1: Unless you want to join the darkwraiths, you can leave new londo off until the place after sen's fortress. Theres alot to do there and you need something from there to get past the dungeon that the catacombs links to.

2: Most daggers (I think all?) Get a param bonus from dex so probably go with that? I stopped leveling endurance once I got it to 30. Never seems low and keeps me covered.

3: I upgrade everything. Still havent found anything I prefer to my gravelord sword but I boost everything just incase I need a certain element for a boss or what have you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Right... looking for advice yet again.

I'm Soul Level 50 now, and in Sens Fortress. Strength and Dex are both 16, Vit and End are ~30 and I've nothing else touched really. I like to wear the gold-trimmed set (for fast rolling) and use the bandits knife (get a lot of backstabs and it causes bleeding damage).

1. I feel like I've overlevelled for where I am (killed Ceaseless Discharge, came back.) Still haven't been to the new londo ruins, catacombs, or past Ceaseless Discharge. Where to after Sens Fortress?

2. What should I focus on levelling up other than Vit/End... Dex? Faith?

3. How should I proceed with upgrading my bandits knife +5? I've a few options.

That's it for now.

1: You are definitely over the average level starting Sens alright but sure thats not a problem. At the end of Sens you'll know where to go I wont ruin it. You will come back to those areas you mentioned later!!

2: I can't recommend you level STR or DEX anymore as if you read my posts earlier in the thread they are fairly broken stats right now, keep going with END + VIT for more survivability or get FAI if you want to invest in some miracle use. Up to your play style, if you want pure melee go VIT + END!! (I would definitely recommend getting your END to 40 regardless of what build you go).

3: Using a knife is a strange choice but fair play straying from the norm. If you are sticking with a dagger build then I would definitely recommend farming the ghosts in New Londo Ruins for a Ghost Blade, much better dagger than the Bandit as it has 100 base damage. You will need a few translucent curses to attack the ghosts though, the merchent in the depths sells them I think. The upgrade of choice right now is definitely the lightning path, it does crazy amounts of damage when its maxed at +5. If you dont want to go down the lightning route then you could just upgrade it to a normal +15 and keep levelling DEX but it wont do as much damage as the lightning version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Does anyone have any tips on how to kill the 2 gargoyles on top of the church?

I just bought 20 firebombs and that did the trick

Anyone know how long it takes for the egg to hatch? I've grinded up 20k since getting it and it still hasnt hatched...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

The online doesnt seem to work for me properly , been wearing alvinas convenant ring and have not seen summond yet , no invaders either trough out the game and i cant invade others world either :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

The online doesnt seem to work for me properly , been wearing alvinas convenant ring and have not seen summond yet , no invaders either trough out the game and i cant invade others world either :(

Stupid question, but are you in human form?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Killed Gaping Dragon tonight, and got the key to blights town.

Not 100% sure where the entrance to that is.

Found the Blacksmith, used (wasted?) alot to get the Halbred to +4.

I summoned someone before the forrest, some absolute magic expert. Brought me in there and murdered those steel knights with one blast of Soul Arrow. That butterfly did not stand a chance

(I am not sure what the point of thr Forest was though, no bell to ring or key to get etc???)

F1ngers wrote: »
    Stupid question, but are you in human form?

No is that why it wont work ?

• Advertisement

In order to summon a person to help with a boss, or in order to invade somebody, you have to be in human form.

No is that why it wont work ?

Ah you NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOBBB!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

where do u get the soul arrows

• Registered Users Posts: 20,543 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

where do u get the soul arrows

down stairs from firelink shire near where the guy is sitting. into anor londo, if you go to the right to the cliff edge and down some steps, there is a blacksmith there that sells them, and also repairs your weapons. you will have to buy the catalyst to use them too off him. go to the bonfire to attune (i think) the spell, the equip

noodler wrote: »
    Ah you NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOBBB!

Brainfart noobs

Sif boss fight broke my heart :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Thought
    Gaping Dragon and Moonlight Butterfly
    were relatively easy compared to some of the other bosses. Although everyone else seems to think the Gargoyles are handy and I had a right pain beating them without a phantom helper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Sif boss fight broke my heart :(

Agreed, felt so bad as he tries to swing near the end and stumbles about.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Agreed, felt so bad as he tries to swing near the end and stumbles about.

He fought for his master , his loyalty and his will to move on , i heard you can walk away and i tried but i couldnt find a way ..
    I let him kill me twice , i couldnt bring myself to press the final button
    Third time i took him out with the tower knight sword that does 246 damage , 6 hits and i made sure i didnt see him limp.

I know its just a game but it triggered an emotion

At the end i bowed to sif after the fight ,

Best boss battle in a very long time

He fought for his master , his loyalty and his will to move on , i heard you can walk away and i tried but i couldnt find a way ..
    I let him kill me twice , i couldnt bring myself to press the final button
    Third time i took him out with the tower knight sword that does 246 damage , 6 hits and i made sure i didnt see him limp.

I know its just a game but it triggered an emotion

At the end i bowed to sif after the fight ,

Best boss battle in a very long time

You need to be part of the forest covenant, reach a required rank then the cat will tell you to go and kill him. When he limps you have the option of letting him go, you get no souls and you break the covenant but he drops his sword!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Danonino. wrote: »
    Ive ran into a bit of a problem with Snuggly :(

I traded him a Blooming Purple Moss Clump To get twinklingTitanite x 2, but now whenever I try trade him any moss, blooming/red/purple he will say:

"No no, not that one, Enough Enough"

Ive restarted and have traded him red, purple and then glowing in that order for the four shards.
    just to let people know that if you trade him Glowing moss first he wont accept the other moss.

Big Knox wrote: »
    You need to be part of the forest covenant, reach a required rank then the cat will tell you to go and kill him. When he limps you have the option of letting him go, you get no souls and you break the covenant but he drops his sword!!

Have you actually done this? This was heavily rumoured by quite alot of people in a "know people who have done it" kind of way.....but nobody has been able to reproduce it for youtube.

Kirby wrote: »
    Have you actually done this? This was heavily rumoured by quite alot of people in a "know people who have done it" kind of way.....but nobody has been able to reproduce it for youtube.

No I didn't, I actually read it on the wiki but as you said i've never seen it myself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

**** me this game is hard. Talk about a difficult tutorial! Going to take a stab at this a bit earlier then i did last night when im not half asleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

What are the gestures used for?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

What are the gestures used for?

I think you have to bow before one god thing, but otherwise it's mostly so you can be nice to other players that are summoned. Or so you can wave at someone before cutting their head off.

So far (just killed the Butterfly and Gaping last night - next stop Blightstown I think)

I am finding this easier than Demons Souls.

Bosses are not terribly challenging because weapons do such huge damage. I was able to kill one Gargoyle almost 100% before the 2nd appeared.

Anyway, probably still relatively early days.

To be fair, the popularization of the drake sword by the japanese has meant over half of all players get it. It makes the early game so much easier. Watch somebodies first playthrough without it. They die so much more.

Spent 3 hours farming for souls , like heaven :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

Got this the other day

Never played Demon Souls, but this thread planted the bug, and now Im pretty hooked :) Reminds me alot of the Monster Hunter games on the psp, which I really enjoyed

Great game, but so unforgiving! :o Seems to be an awful lot of, Im guessing, presumed knowledge too. No idea what the hell alot of things Im picking up are - and had to google to see what 'reverse hollowing', 'kindle', 'humanity' was etc etc, as the manual is pretty sparse on details unfortunately. The dark souls wiki is on standby on the phone when I'm playing :P

Advertisement