Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Brilliant. It'll be great having 10 flasks again. I'll need them judging by the big brute that I met in the Undead Parish.

Spoilered for if you don't want directions to the next bonfire.
    If you go up the lift from the Shrine, and run straight forward, and keep going down the narrow pathway, you'll come to an abandoned church. Down the stairs is another bonfire. Plus a Blacksmith. It's one of the main bonfires early on, and is really useful.

Well that link confused me more. Can you only ascend certain weapons? I've got my Zweihander up to+4 so it's nice and powerful. As for that slot, I've no idea!

I just tried to attune magic at a bonfire and it told me I had insufficient slots, so I guess not. How do I get one?

Yeah, i think most names weapons can't be ascended, but i may be wrong about that. From looking at the chart on the Zweihander's page, it seems like it can go to +10 normal weapon, but that's all (http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Zweihander).

Attunment is a stat like any others. Pump some souls into it, and you get more slots for magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I just tried to attune magic at a bonfire and it told me I had insufficient slots, so I guess not. How do I get one?
    You need an Attunement of 10 to have one spell slot, 12 for 2, 14 for 3 etc.

I see Magic Shield is on that list. I found it fairly weedy so hopefully they'll make it a more worthwhile addition. Iirc it's supposed to increase Stability but I don't think it actually does, maybe that's the bug.

One of the 'fixes' listed on that site is kind of worrying.
    Unlimited uses of magic and items
    Hopefully it's just a bad translation.

• Advertisement

Maybe they're bringing back Old Spice!?!? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭gammon_steak

Kiith wrote: »
    Spoilered for if you don't want directions to the next bonfire.
    If you go up the lift from the Shrine, and run straight forward, and keep going down the narrow pathway, you'll come to an abandoned church. Down the stairs is another bonfire. Plus a Blacksmith. It's one of the main bonfires early on, and is really useful.

Thanks. I'll head there next so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

One of the 'fixes' listed on that site is kind of worrying.

Hopefully it's just a bad translation.

I would wager its bad translation. Might be the glitch where people can use items an they arent consumed. Or that glitch where you can get as many souls as you like with another certain item...

I would wager its bad translation. Might be the glitch where people can use items an they arent consumed. Or that glitch where you can get as many souls as you like with another certain item...

Yeah, that actually makes sense.

Lame! I got cursed twice and now I'm on a quarter of the health. Where can I get uncursed? Sparky the crow won't accept any more cracked red orbs to trade for it.

• Advertisement

Lame! I got cursed twice and now I'm on a quarter of the health. Where can I get uncursed? Sparky the crow won't accept any more cracked red orbs to trade for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

You need purging stone from the undead merchant, near firelink shrine. 5000 souls

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Dude up on the church tower after gargoyles sells them for 3k a piece and the trader before the sewers\in the aqueduct sells them for 6k a piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

I freed a guy who was stuck in a pot in the Undead Burg Basement. He's gone to firelink Shrine. Does he have any purpose?

Snakeblood wrote: »
    I freed a guy who was stuck in a pot in the Undead Burg Basement. He's gone to firelink Shrine. Does he have any purpose?
    He sells all sorts of Pyromancy related goods and services. Since Pyromancy isn't dependant on INT and only requires you to have enough Attunement to use the spells it's a good addition to any build. Get 10 Attunement, Fire Orb and level up the Flame glove and you have a very potent auxillary weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

ouch. Just died falling of a ledge on the way back to claim my blood stain...

15k souls and 16 humanity :mad::(:mad:

This fu*king game man.

Also somehow managed to miss the boss in Blight Town lol, I've passed through there twice. Heading back now :o

Danonino. wrote: »
    ouch. Just died falling of a ledge on the way back to claim my blood stain...

15k souls and 16 humanity :mad::(:mad:

This fu*king game man.

15k souls? Pft, that's nothing.

16 humanity? Shiiiiiiiiiiit :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

It was the same in demons souls, its the reason everyone you saw invade had a dragon halberd+5 in the first playthrough. It was the reason i always went for a moon weapon even though my dex was twice my magic stat.

Your +15s have one huge advantage over the lightning\magic\divine weapons, they can be buffed via charcoal\that lightning powder and damage output can be dramatically increased with magic weapon. It was the reason there was a differene in DS. nothing worse than bumping into a guy with the dragon bone smasher with cursed weapon on it.

In DS Sharp weapons with a high DEX destroyed dragon and magic weapons, cursed weapon made them even worse. The reason you seen so many Dragon Halberds was for there amazing guard break so DEX and FAI builds would use them to break guards of turtlers but they were fantastic weapons to use and a hell of alot easier to make then a full sharp or crushing so they were much easier to get on a first playthrough!!

Magic Weapon and Great Magic Weapon are supposed to be pretty crap, they only get anyway usefull with a very high INT stat and a good scaling catalyst. They're designed specifically for casters to use it seems it's nothing like Cursed weapon!! I'm not going to waste raising my INT for it, I can however buff the weapon with consumable fire / lightning buffs alright.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

tonydude wrote: »
    Just picked up the official guide 17 euro in gamestop in blackpool all sold out though . Looks great

Son got mine from gamestop in the square today - he had to ask for it as it's not displayed. Was under the counter.

For some reason, i fancy starting a new character today. Still havent cleared it, but not happy with my stats. Think i'll go full magic tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

15k souls? Pft, that's nothing.

16 humanity? Shiiiiiiiiiiit :eek:

Yeah I somehow managed to always get back to my bloodstain, if I died somewhere terrible I'd run like a fecker and use a homeward bone ;)
    So that 16 humanity was from the start of my game pretty much, and I was loving the extra drop rate :(

Spoilers alert to anyone not past depts/blighttown
    Oh well, just beat the spider bitch and somehow joined a covenant with another "sexy from the waist up horrifying from the waist down" spider. Ive been pumping stats into Vit and endurance lately, but I really need to get moving on Dex and Faith. Im ~SL42 since I accidently said no to the forest cat and have to bust heads everytime I enter there. Some load of souls for beating the forest guys.

Question: where to now? Ive been down the ghost ruins, where I lost all my humanity :'( and I dont want to kill the guy in red up the top, which is how you drain the water I think :/ I ran like a coward from the wolf boss, and I think sens (the place across the bridge with the huge portcullis?) just opened up. Do I go smack the wolf around, or go adventuring in sens? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Can't find the ****ing bonfire in the swamp in Blighttown.

Awful, awful level.

Really ruins the game when they get the balance so perfecft up until now and then come out with this cheap crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

noodler wrote: »

Awful, awful level.

Really ruins the game when they get the balance so perfecft up until now and then come out with this cheap crap.
    hug the right side of the swamp, you should be facing a white hill, follow the right side towards it, you cannot miss the bonfire

Danonino. wrote: »
    Yeah I somehow managed to always get back to my bloodstain, if I died somewhere terrible I'd run like a fecker and use a homeward bone ;)
    So that 16 humanity was from the start of my game pretty much, and I was loving the extra drop rate :(

Spoilers alert to anyone not past depts/blighttown
    Oh well, just beat the spider bitch and somehow joined a covenant with another "sexy from the waist up horrifying from the waist down" spider. Ive been pumping stats into Vit and endurance lately, but I really need to get moving on Dex and Faith. Im ~SL42 since I accidently said no to the forest cat and have to bust heads everytime I enter there. Some load of souls for beating the forest guys.

Question: where to now? Ive been down the ghost ruins, where I lost all my humanity :'( and I dont want to kill the guy in red up the top, which is how you drain the water I think :/ I ran like a coward from the wolf boss, and I think sens (the place across the bridge with the huge portcullis?) just opened up. Do I go smack the wolf around, or go adventuring in sens? :D

Just a note on that covenant you joined, it has a pretty serious consequence if you break it you might want to look it up!! :P

Yeah head to Sen's next you're well over the required level to clear it and it's the correct route to progress. You could kill Sif now if you wanted but personally i'd leave him until after Sens and Anor Londo!!
    noodler wrote: »

Awful, awful level.

I never got that whole cheap thing, it's not like Poison does much damage it's an slight annoyance if anything. Just put on the most poison resist you have and also equip the Rusty Iron ring if you have it so you can move properly in the swamp and it shouldn't be a problem at all.

The bonfire is directly to the right as you come down from upper blightown, drop off the wooden platform and run along the right wall and it's in a little alcove you cant miss it!! Once you have access to that bonfire the swamp wont be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

****ing hate this game but just cannot stop playing :eek: :rolleyes:

Anyone got a good magic build, or have any experience as a magic character?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Big Knox wrote: »
    Just a note on that covenant you joined, it has a pretty serious consequence if you break it you might want to look it up!! :P

What! I joined it and now I'm after joining the forrest hunters who said they'd be serious consequences if I left! :(

Also I couldn't find that 2nd bonfire in Blighttown either, fortunately I killed the boss in 1 go.

Anyone got a good magic build, or have any experience as a magic character?
    I'm still not far enough along to give any real advice but the quicker you get to Depths the better. You need those green shards (for a magic weapon) so your INT stat isn't in vain as early on the spells you get aren't great and don't really justify levelling INT for spells alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

**** the four kings they are kicking my ass

• Advertisement

**** the four kings they are kicking my ass

Best way to deal with them is 2 hand your biggest damage dealer and wear some heavy armour with high poise rating, forget a shield and just pound on them 1v1 before the rest get a chance to spawn. They go down pretty quick this way and you only have to deal with 1 at a time.

Heal up between spawns!!

Advertisement