Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

No cheaper than casting death clould in demons and having a bite to eat while old king doran slowly dies. Fecking shotels going through shields it was the one reason i rarely if ever fought yurt fairly in demons. doesn't seem possible to riposte the shotel as well. Very interestd in the ring laurec has. the inability to heal is a major pain too.

I attacked Laurec as soon as I freed him. I didn't like the way he laughs when he says he can get back to business.

Now I think about it I did exactly the same thing to Yurt. Pushed him off the edge of the place where he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Poor old yurt, one of the worst kept secrets in history, his freedom never lasted more than 30 seconds. Everyone knew he was bad except for the initial few japanese guys who first played the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Finished the game last night. Decided to try ng+, see how far i could get. Ended up flying through it, got to ornstein and smough in about 3 hours. However that's where it stopped. Everything else was a piece of piss, but just like my first playthrough they are really tough.

Nearly SL 100, is there much pvp action 100+ ?
    I was hoping to join the darkwraiths and get some action.

Considering making a new character, see how i get on this time. It sure was a lot of fun going through undead burg, blightown, sen's etc knowing exactly where to go, flew threw it. Whereas my first playthrough i was still in undead burg after 15 hours :o

hope the patch fixes weapon balance and stuff, but still, best game ever.

So is NG+ a big enough step up? always remember intially get creamed on ng+ on demons.

The word on the street is for the PVP community, there'll be level cap of 80-90, it was 120 in demons. However It's a new game so i'd say there'll be action around at 100 and up. I used hate getting pulled into a world by some uber dude who was laying NG++ on level 30.

I also read they're seriously considering re-doing stats and the stats scaling on weapons, becuase after NG++, weapons are literally bouncing off the enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Surfing_Xboxer

Capra demon is a head wrecker !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Capra demon is a head wrecker !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was the most difficult for me. Kill the two dog things after running up the stairs, then he's a lot easier. Drop off, hopefully onto his head, then run up the stairs, take health. Use a swiping sword, not a stabby one, as the dog things are nimble.

I have the drake sword ( one handed ) and a decent shield .... those dogs GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

yep, straight up the stairs

you can even get a bit cheap and go right at the top of the stairs a bit, behind the tree foliage (iirc), and hide behind your shield. He'll try and hit you, bounce off, and fall down, and you can just heal/drop attack, then rinse/repeat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

penev10 wrote: »
    I'm still not far enough along to give any real advice but the quicker you get to Depths the better. You need those green shards (for a magic weapon) so your INT stat isn't in vain as early on the spells you get aren't great and don't really justify levelling INT for spells alone.

Building a Sorc, are you going for a particular magic weapon or is that a normal weapon enhanced?

(Sorry but im still a noob at this, Im a sorc running around with a Drake Sword and Elite Armour...I would like to actually start playing a Sorc soon ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I can't put into words my frustration with this Gargoyle fight right now so I'm going to bed.

I found them tough too but I ended up using some humanity and teaming with a guy to beat them. He went in for close combat and I nuked from a distance with Heavy Soul.

• Advertisement

I have the drake sword ( one handed ) and a decent shield .... those dogs GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!

That's what I had. Are you heavily armoured? I was wearing black leather armour, I think, which was light enough that I could run around quickly but it provided some damage protection. A bit of running speed is important too.

I think I used a few firebombs as well, he isn't a big fan of those.

I have hollow man armour on - its not too heavy so im fairly mobile

just need to get rid of those blinking dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Building a Sorc, are you going for a particular magic weapon or is that a normal weapon enhanced?
    A normal weapon enhanced. Pretty much any standard issue weapon can be made into a magic weapon. You need to reinforce the weapon to +5 then get some green titanite (the slimes in the Depths drop them) then get the guy in the cell in the New Londo ruins to enhance it to be a magic weapon.

Absolutely essential for a Magic build as it adds magic damage that scales with your INT stat. I'm using a Batlle Axe and at +5 it was doing 160 damage I think - one green titanite later it was doing 110 + 120 Magic damage :cool:

(Sorry but im still a noob at this, Im a sorc running around with a Drake Sword and Elite Armour...I would like to actually start playing a Sorc soon )

I had to bide my time with a (poor) semi-melee build too until I freed the 2 trainers and got some green titianite.

penev10 wrote: »
    A normal weapon enhanced. Pretty much any standard issue weapon can be made into a magic weapon. You need to reinforce the weapon to +5 then get some green titanite (the slimes in the Depths drop them) then get the guy in the cell in the New Londo ruins to enhance it to be a magic weapon.

The leeches just around the great hollow entrance like to drop them every now and then(more ofthen than slimes too), the hing is, when they do drop them instead of large shards, they drop 3-4 shards at a time. Trust me i spent an age in the sewers farming those slimes in the sewer. If you're near blighttown its worth going that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

The leeches just around the great hollow entrance like to drop them every now and then(more ofthen than slimes too), the hing is, when they do drop them instead of large shards, they drop 3-4 shards at a time. Trust me i spent an age in the sewers farming those slimes in the sewer. If you're near blighttown its worth going that way.
    Cheers, am in Blighttown at the moment. Spent ages with 3 Humanity trying to farm some in the Depths but only managed to get 2 in about 2 hours!

The blowdart guys in Blighttown are a pox! Thank god they don't respawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Spunge wrote: »
    Finished the game last night. Decided to try ng+, see how far i could get. Ended up flying through it, got to ornstein and smough in about 3 hours. However that's where it stopped. Everything else was a piece of piss, but just like my first playthrough they are really tough.

Nearly SL 100, is there much pvp action 100+ ?
    I was hoping to join the darkwraiths and get some action.

Considering making a new character, see how i get on this time. It sure was a lot of fun going through undead burg, blightown, sen's etc knowing exactly where to go, flew threw it. Whereas my first playthrough i was still in undead burg after 15 hours :o

hope the patch fixes weapon balance and stuff, but still, best game ever.

It seems the pvp level is 120 yet again for Dark Souls with dark Anor Londo being the main area for it. Was watching a stream last night with a guy who went human and stood on the bridge in Anor. He was getting invaded almost constantly, there was zero wait time. 120 seems high, but with the item dupe glitch all people have to do is glitch to get massive amounts of souls and they will be 120 in no time.

There is even glitches that allow you to use spells that you dont even need to have the required FAI or INT to use them. You use a Pyro Glove then switch from the pyro spell to any other to use it. Plus there is zero variety in character builds at 120. High VIT and END, just the necessary reqs to hold the weapon of your choice and a Lightning Weapon! God im so angry! Uugh

I had planned to make a pvp character but at the moment almost everything regarding pvp is so ****ed it feels pointless. Maybe im over analysing this or something but...yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Blightown done.

Also got to kill Miranda as well (Wasted around 10 humanity in Blighttown)

Summoned two helpers for Queelag or whatever his name is.

After that boss I got to a a bonfire and there was this abortion-looking dude who I attacked (Cos he looked like an enemy) he dropped eggs. Have I made a big mistake attacking him? He sell stuff?

Not too sure what to to now, Drakes, Andors or the Ruins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

these 2 archers up the narrow runway are breaking my ****ing balls in anor londor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

these 2 archers up the narrow runway are breaking my ****ing balls in anor londor

I spent hours there last night, Constantly being pushed back a mile by each arrow, I sprinted up the narrow ledge between them and went right, once you get up at their level its not too bad.

exactly what I did, to be shot in the back and off the ledge

• Advertisement

Heh yeah they were proper c****. Just rush, get a good shield and head right, roll to dodge the arrow when up the ramp near knight, dont block, impact will knock you off. Hopefully he'll fall off trying to hit you. Spear is handy if he doesn't fall. good news is the bonfire is just around the corner, never bothered with the knight to the left. He should stop being able to hit you after a feet few onto the ledge.

finally got passed them, now have all of havels stuff including his dragon tooth club :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

noodler wrote: »
    After that boss I got to a a bonfire and there was this abortion-looking dude who I attacked (Cos he looked like an enemy) he dropped eggs. Have I made a big mistake attacking him? He sell stuff?

I'd recommend Sens Fortress next. And as for killing the egg guy, it only matters if you had planned on joining Egg woman's Covenant (Chaos Servants). He sells magic to people in that Covenant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

is anyone on ng++ ?

looks like im gonna be there soon. And i only finished the first playthrough last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

I honestly cant belive I spent 6 hours on this last night, and on a different character too :eek:

I started a Cleric game to see what it would be like and got completly sucked in all over again. Ill never finish the damn game if this keeps happening. Being a Cleric is fu*king hard compared to being a wanderer imo. Especially when Im used to ducking and diving.

Bell tower gargoyles were a nightmare being so slow. It was getting pretty bad and I had no humanity (I never seem to be able to get summoned/summon anyway :( I found xboxlive to be more populated for some reason)

So I came up with a plan: I ran like a nut past the stone demon below the blacksmith, through the woods and dropped down into the shortcut with the red manta ray creature thing, chopped the tree and made a dash for the elite knight armour :D:D died instantly after grabbing my loot.

So now Im not just slow, Im like a trundling moving mountain with a mace. lol

Think this is the first game in a very long time (cant actually think of the last) where Ive had multiple characters, especially when I havent even beat the game.

GOTY easily

is there a summon sign in anor londo near the two bosses?

is there a summon sign in anor londo near the two bosses?

Yeah on one of the sets of stairs, facing towards the fog gate, its the stair on the left. Or just open the main doors, there's loadsa signs being dropped there.

Yeah on one of the sets of stairs, facing towards the fog gate, its the stair on the left. Or just open the main doors, there's loadsa signs being dropped there.
    I'm horsing through this offline! ah well!

tonydude wrote: »
    You need purging stone from the undead merchant, near firelink shrine. 5000 souls

Oh. Is he also the guy that asks you to join his covenant, or something?

I killed him by accident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Oh. Is he also the guy that asks you to join his covenant, or something?

I killed him by accident.

As did I. I'm wagering its pretty common as he looks EXACTLY like the bad guys....and he walks towards you! :p

I like the fact that it auto-saves after everything you do in the game because in 99% of the games people play, when they feck up, they just restart their game and do the last 5 minutes over again. It feels artificial.

It's refreshing not to be able to do that.

Advertisement