Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

going to have to wait till wednesday thursday to get online and get help for those ****ers! executioner and dragonslayer dude

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

going to have to wait till wednesday thursday to get online and get help for those ****ers! executioner and dragonslayer dude

They're actually not that hard, just make sure you are light and can roll away when needed.

Keep back peddling and keep smough behind ornstein, let ornstein attack and just dodge his attacks by rolling or if you have a high stability shield with good lightning resist block his attacks and get some hits in.

If they both get on top of you roll away break lock and run, never face them 2v1 as you will go down fast!!

Once you get one of them down you can keep one of the broken pillars in the room between yourself and the hyper version, draw their attack into the pillar and get a quick hit in. Repeat until dead!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Ornstein and smough was definitely the toughest boss in the game for me. Mainly coz there was 2 of them. I never beat them unless i had 2 guys with me.

Big Knox wrote: »
    They're actually not that hard, just make sure you are light and can roll away when needed.

Keep back peddling and keep smough behind ornstein, let ornstein attack and just dodge his attacks by rolling or if you have a high stability shield with good lightning resist block his attacks and get some hits in.

If they both get on top of you roll away break lock and run, never face them 2v1 as you will go down fast!!

Once you get one of them down you can keep one of the broken pillars in the room between yourself and the hyper version, draw their attack into the pillar and get a quick hit in. Repeat until dead!!
    had been doing this eventually they just wear me down with the thrown lightning/ combo of that and hammer dropping my guard to get a big hit in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I love how when you talk to priscilla when she says If its you who want me , you cannot have me

and theres me saying Wow You are beautiful:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

had been doing this eventually they just wear me down with the thrown lightning/ combo of that and hammer dropping my guard to get a big hit in

I beat them in heavy armour by constantly back peddling around the entire of the arena while locked on to Smough. After a certain distance Ornstein will do like a flying high speed spear lunge that will follow you until it lands. I would block it then switch my claymore to 2handed and just ****ing trade shots with the ****. He would flinch alot and my high poise armour would prevent me from flinching. Then i would break off and heal if need and repeat. After Orstein dies i would strip naked for Super Smough cause i couldnt avoid his Lightning Butt-stomp in heavy armour.

If your not wearing heavy armour then yeah, disregard everything i just said :rolleyes:

I've the ring wraith armour on. Actually I've Havels heavy armour in inventory, will give it a blast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

I literally pulled clumps of hair out, I've a big scab on my knuckle after cutting it from punching my controller, AND I was sitting downstairs after my last session literally shaking and almost ready to burst into tears. Sorry but a game that does that to me is no longer fun and not worth playing again

No pasttime is worth that, no game, hobby or job is worth it either. You missed a checkpoint and a shortcut but you got to be doing something else by the time the rage sets in and not just punishing yourself dude.

I broke a controller when i bounced it off the couch many moons ago playing Street Fighter, paying €50 for a new one thought me a lesson in how games just arent worth fustration. (Also the chance of me trowing a fightstick now is nonexistent because the thing cost me a fortune lol)

I personally havent got fustrated by the game yet, Ive came close but always either turned it off, had a cuppa, or tried taking it slower/different route. Then again diffetrent folks, different strokes, games not be for you.

Edit: Unless your like that kid who was punching the wall on youtube over call of duty, then sir... I really have no idea what could help.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Havent had a chance to play for the last few days. This must be what heroin withdrawal feels like.

Digging Ringwraith outfit though, and got as far as the handy item discovery ring. The guy in the cages in Sen: is there a key aside from the master that will open them?

Also, are the upper levels of darkroot easier / harder than the fortress? I'm SL 40 or thereabouts...

Havent had a chance to play for the last few days. This must be what heroin withdrawal feels like.

Digging Ringwraith outfit though, and got as far as the handy item discovery ring. The guy in the cages in Sen: is there a key aside from the master that will open them?

Also, are the upper levels of darkroot easier / harder than the fortress? I'm SL 40 or thereabouts...

I cleared all of Darkroot before Sens, so yeah i think its easier. Those snakemen hit hard and can take hard also. There is a key to open the guy in the cage but i totally forget where you get it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,543 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

any john rambos out there want to put a summoning stone outside the capra demon, can be there in half an hour ? have to get humanity off the rats but should be ready then ??

level 24 BTW i think

sorry level 28

Post here when your ready to go. Or better yet message me on PSN

ID: Quetz84

Playing on another character, level 24 at the moment helping people with Gaping Dragon. Looking to get into the Sunlight Covenant.

sorry , missed your message, i sprinted up the stairs and before i looked back he had him killed :pac:

he dropped nothing though :confused:

i hope a glitch is not after doing me out of 20 hrs work :eek:

it could have been you that did the slaughtering , kudos if so !!

2smiggy wrote: »
    sorry , missed your message, i sprinted up the stairs and before i looked back he had him killed :pac:

he dropped nothing though :confused:

i hope a glitch is not after doing me out of 20 hrs work :eek:

He only gives souls. Hes not really a boss, more like a sub boss. But yeah it wasnt me :P

-Edit- No wait, he actually drops his weapon, but you can kill him later in the game again to get it...

onwards and upwards, where to next !!??

onwards and upwards, where to next !!??

Walk down the stairs to the right of the Capra boss there is a doorway that now opens that you got the key from him. Oh yeah he drops a key, hope you got that atleast :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Post here when your ready to go. Or better yet message me on PSN

ID: Quetz84

Playing on another character, level 24 at the moment helping people with Gaping Dragon. Looking to get into the Sunlight Covenant.

Bah Ive been putting down SS for an age near the gargoyles hoping to help with the Sunlight Cov too. I never get summoned :( only SL15 though, is that too low? too high? am I wasting my time and should head to the gaping Dragon/ Capra instead? Should I just go to the Pub?
    So many options :eek:

• Advertisement

Danonino. wrote: »
    Bah Ive been putting down SS for an age near the gargoyles hoping to help with the Sunlight Cov too. I never get summoned :( only SL15 though, is that too low? too high? am I wasting my time and should head to the gaping Dragon/ Capra instead? Should I just go to the Pub?
    So many options :eek:

Hah, the pub sounds like a viable option. I was actually level 15 when i was putting down my SS for Gargoyles. Did about 2 kills last night and 3 today. Only got one summon at Capra and the host died straight away, so i just thought **** it and killed Capra solo. Did 2 Gaping at lvl 25 about an hour ago. One host died killed him on another. Also instead of sitting around and watching my character stand there waiting for a summon i would switch my monitor over to my PC and **** about on the net with the game sound on...

Stopped now and im playing my own world. Got my FAI up to 20 so should be alot more to enter Sunlight Bros. I was also in Way of the White covenant when i put down my SS so that may have made a difference...But it still takes longer than i feel it should to be summoned. I think FromSoft are gonna address it in the next patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Kiith wrote: »
    I'd recommend Sens Fortress next. And as for killing the egg guy, it only matters if you had planned on joining Egg woman's Covenant (Chaos Servants). He sells magic to people in that Covenant.

Just beat Pinwheel.

After some seriously annoying forrays into the Tomb of Giants from Pinwheel I have decided not to bother with that area. Pitch black, random falls, giant skeltons crushing me from behind etc.

Where is Sens Fortress?

noodler wrote: »
    Just beat Pinwheel.

After some seriously annoying forrays into the Tomb of Giants from Pinwheel I have decided not to bother with that area. Pitch black, random falls, giant skeltons crushing me from behind etc.

Where is Sens Fortress?

Yeah your better off going to Sen's cause of the fact the final door in the Tomb of Giants is locked until you clear Anor Londo. Unless your going down there looking for a specific piece of loot early.

If you rank the second bell in Blighttown then you can get to Sens Fortress from the Bonfire near Andre the Blacksmith

beat the gaping dragon, now into blighttown, is there a bonfire or shortcut to the firelink shire, i am just using the bonfire in the depths

Yeah your better off going to Sen's cause of the fact the final door in the Tomb of Giants is locked until you clear Anor Londo. Unless your going down there looking for a specific piece of loot early.

If you rank the second bell in Blighttown then you can get to Sens Fortress from the Bonfire near Andre the Blacksmith

Just found it cheers.

EDIT: Fantastic. A treasure chest that kills me instantly. Time to call it a night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

beat the gaping dragon, now into blighttown, is there a bonfire or shortcut to the firelink shire, i am just using the bonfire in the depths

When you go further down yoU will see a wheel rotating.jumo on it and climb the ladder where the torches are and start climbing up to the top, you will come across a chest with a key inside which unlocks the gate at the londo ruins place

The only route to Blightstown is via the aquaduct, past the woman behind the doors selling moss and onto the streets withe the thiefs.

The bonfire in the depths is fine because it is so close to the Blightstown enterance.

Enjoy by the way..

When you go further down yoU will see a wheel rotating.jumo on it and climb the ladder where the torches are and start climbing up to the top, you will come across a chest with a key inside which unlocks the gate at the londo ruins place

Yeah but this is pretty much once you are at the end of Blightstown. Bring lotsa poison moss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

got to pinwheel just now expecting a tough fight, 2 fireballs finished him with ease, maybe i should have visited there before now :D

Edit: got invaded and lost hmmmm

• Advertisement

making solid headway at last :)

Advertisement