Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

noodler wrote: »
    Just found it cheers.

EDIT: Fantastic. A treasure chest that kills me instantly. Time to call it a night.

Ahh Mimes, after the 1st time you get killed by one, you'll attack every single treasure chest in the game. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

The only route to Blightstown is via the aquaduct, past the woman behind the doors selling moss and onto the streets withe the thiefs.

The bonfire in the depths is fine because it is so close to the Blightstown enterance.

Enjoy by the way..

Actually there is another way to Blighttown and you dont even need the key off the Capra Demon. In the Darkroot forest there is a secret pathway down the mountain just a few metres into the place. You fight a Black Knight on the way. After Black Knight this is a cave, then a bonfire then an elevator into the Valley of Drakes. Run like **** past everything up to the left hand side of the valley and low and behold. Blighttown. It leads you pretty much to Quelagg and skips all those terrible areas with the big FPS drops and such.

I will never go to Blighttown the normal way again unless they really do fix the FPS in the next patch. It drives me crazy. Or i want the Iaito sword or the Ninja armour...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

If you kill the electric guy first the big ****er becomes electric. Sneaky ****ers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Just found it cheers.

EDIT: Fantastic. A treasure chest that kills me instantly. Time to call it a night.

Make sure you go back and kill that mimic he drops something very nice!! ;)

Okay, have the lord vessel, went back and killed the wolf, wheres next and how do I get there?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Cleared Darkroot and joined the forest covenant there. Got the Wolf first time around, but it was a close fight. I got him down to maybe a tenth of his health with my magic supplies, but there was a tense few minutes after where I had very little health and no flasks left. Eventually got that strong thrust in and success! Got a good five or six level boost from the souls and spoils of the area too :)

I think the only two avenues really available to me now are Sen's Fortress or Valley of the Drakes. That, or head down to Ash Lake for ****s and giggles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

making solid headway at last :)

Nothing like a good sheeeet......aaaaaaagh:)

Cleared Darkroot and joined the forest covenant there. Got the Wolf first time around, but it was a close fight. I got him down to maybe a tenth of his health with my magic supplies, but there was a tense few minutes after where I had very little health and no flasks left. Eventually got that strong thrust in and success! Got a good five or six level boost from the souls and spoils of the area too :)

I think the only two avenues really available to me now are Sen's Fortress or Valley of the Drakes. That, or head down to Ash Lake for ****s and giggles.

Nothing much in Valley of the Drakes, head to Sens and work through Anor Londo. Valley of the Drakes is really just a high level link area that adds short cuts to a few different areas!!

Okay, have the lord vessel, went back and killed the wolf, wheres next and how do I get there?

You have a few options. You need to aquire the Lord Souls so you can head to the Dukes Archives in Anor Londo, go through the Catacombs into Tomb of the Giants, head for the Abyss under New Londo Ruins or go through the Demon Ruins into Lost Izalith!!

I would recommend New Londo -> Archives -> Tomb of the Giants -> Lost Izalith but you can do it in any order really!!

Oh and go kill Sif if you haven't done already in Darkroot first!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Joined the forest covenant and i get summoned now and again but get killed very fast from people just backstabbing me, any way to avoid this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,545 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

very funny moment from last night, summoned 2 others to fight the gaping dragon, got invaded (first time !) and he killed all 3 of us in about 5 seconds !!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,545 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

at the bonfire at blighttown, any shortcut to the firelink shire ? its a bit depressing down here !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

2smiggy wrote: »
    at the bonfire at blighttown, any shortcut to the firelink shire ? its a bit depressing down here !

Go up the water wheel thing, up a few ladders, find a chest, then down a hallway into the valley of drakes then open a gate into new londo. just beside the elevator to firelink shrine

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Iron Golem time.

Was so close the first time I fought him, he had an inch of health left and then I rolled off the fcuking cliff.

You kind of need him to get stuck in one of the corners.

I tried my Halbred+8 and my new Lightning Spear on him but the damager was very disappointing (slightly better by the Spear).

Will try again later.

When you find the dragon covenant, his tail gives some beast of a sword and he doesn't mind you hacking it off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Iron Golem time.

Was so close the first time I fought him, he had an inch of health left and then I rolled off the fcuking cliff.

You kind of need him to get stuck in one of the corners.

I tried my Halbred+8 and my new Lightning Spear on him but the damager was very disappointing (slightly better by the Spear).

Will try again later.

There's an npc summon on the seemingly empty tower just off the fog gate, very hndy for dividing his attention.

Thoroughly underwhelmed by the valley of the rakes.

There's an npc summon on the seemingly empty tower just off the fog gate, very hndy for dividing his attention.

Once you are through the fog, or before it?

Better go get some humanity first.

Ssbobrake.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Once you are through the fog, or before it?

Better go get some humanity first.

The iron golem is at the end of sens right?

If so, Just run up to where he is on the narrow pathway and attack his leg, get enough damage in at once and you will stagger him, keep hitting him and he will tumble over, off the path. Simples!

Took me a couple of seconds but it beats trying to kill him any other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Yeahhh went back and beat the Dragon on the bridge, no arrows at his tail, just a sheild, a sword, poison arrows and a stupidly overpowered lightning spear (I thought you guys were overexagerating but no elec weapons are broken, they scale rediculous. Couldnt be intentional imo).

Felt awesome as I died countless times when I first started against the red fu*ker :D His tail also came of randomly during the fight, yet I was in front of him 90% of the time. Im going to try it with my low level cleric guy and see if its possible.

Probably dont have to spoiler it as this could be very old news, but I found this by accident after trying to dodge his fire on the way to the bonfire :)
    I ran up to the left alcove in the middle, or across to it from the stais leading from the bonfire. Dragon appears as usual and flames all the guys on the bridge. I waited untill he swooped down onto the bridge and made a run like I was running for the bonfire under where he sits, but instead ducked into the alcove on the right. As you run to the bonfire the bridge widens on each side before the entrance, both sides seem to work the same as the middle of the bridge. The Dragon reacts similar and flames cant reach you. The left alcove might work just as well (when running towards his perch area). He wont rest back on the building as your between him and it, he has to fight you.

When you turn around you can shoot him with arrows if hes a bit away to make him come close (poison arrows are awesome). Move out onto the bridge to smack him in the head and try keep him infront of you at all times, if he gets on top of you your dead as he'll fly straight up and burn you. If hes getting too close just duck back into the alcove and he'll start his flame retreating trick but he has nowhere to go so he'll be back. If you see his head rear back slowly and smoke out his mouth duck into the alcove to dodge the low breath as I think its instant kill. no smoke just roll/block..

Twas epic
    Sorry if this is old news. :D

• Advertisement

How do I remove this growth thing that has enveloped by characters head? I think it happened cos I killed the egg dude in Queeleegs lair.

It just got a bit bigger...

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭OldManJenkin

How do I remove this growth thing that has enveloped by characters head? I think it happened cos I killed the egg dude in Queeleegs lair.

The guy you killed usually gives you one if you have the egg thing on your head, but it's a bit late for that now :P
    The item to cure it is called Egg Vermifuge, I have one but I completely forget where I got it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

My new +3 Lightning Spear is actually a bit of a joke! The game has become at least 50% easier as a result of that weapon alone.

Cleared Sen's Fortress there, wasn't too bad at all. Lizards are easily the most annoying part, smooth sailing after that. One thing I'm a bit disappointed by are the bosses themselves - been a good while since one of them actually gave any bother. A mix of soul arrows and melee usually sorts them out first time.

Also, I see you're referencing whoever the NPC just before Iron Golem is. I got there, and there were loads of markings saying 'saint ahead' etc... but just an empty room. Went back in human form since one message mentioned 'need life'. Still nada. Do you have to go back with some humanity in reserve or something?

Also sorted out the Hellkite Dragon. Took a while to learn the pattern but got it eventually. Still didn't drop the Drake Sword though - I'm probably the only person on here who was never arsed getting it :p

The guy you killed usually gives you one if you have the egg thing on your head, but it's a bit late for that now :P
    The item to cure it is called Egg Vermifuge, I have one but I completely forget where I got it.

I think the easiest way to get them is to just kill the egg sacks and worms themselves and wait for the drop.

The (stupidly well hidden) illusory wall underneath Queallag's lair has an NPC egg sack. I think you can buy them off him as well, or maybe he gives you one for free. He also provides you with benefits if you talk to him in infected state.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Don't cure it, and let it grow. Then watch as invaders flee in terror from what is born on your head. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

How do I make the shield from Sif's Soul? I have my knight shield +10. I thought that once i got it there I'd have the option.

I think the easiest way to get them is to just kill the egg sacks and worms themselves and wait for the drop.

The (stupidly well hidden) illusory wall underneath Queallag's lair has an NPC egg sack. I think you can buy them off him as well, or maybe he gives you one for free. He also provides you with benefits if you talk to him in infected state.

He's dead!:pac:
    Kiith wrote: »
    Don't cure it, and let it grow. Then watch as invaders flee in terror from what is born on your head. :pac:

I have to admit, it does look a bit disconcerting. I wasn't worried until it grew on me today.

Got it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Quick update then Im off to the pub I hope.
    Trying to kill the HellKite as a lv17 Cleric is crazy hard lol.

Got so close (literally a shred of helth left) 3 times, but 17 is definatly too low of a level, Chopped his tail off pretty easy on the first run past with my war hammer (like the speed run vid), but my fire defense is just way too low if I make a mistake its close to instant death. It can be done though.

Figured out the last bits of his pattern, you want to get his head inbetween the two alcoves and not let him get any further. If his head gets past the alcoves he will rise and do that ground flame thing. Only way past that is to leg it as far as possible away from him. If his heads inbetween the alcoves he has three easily avoidable/punishable attacks.

Ill be back

Hellkite isn't too bad if you have any ranged spells, and a bow with some arrows.

Shoot the tail from below, and run back towards the stairs. When you hear him landing run up and quickly hit him as he turns around (I used greater soul arrow). Leg it back downstairs as he lunges forward with fire breath. Repeat as many times as necessary, shouldn't be too bad.

The key is making sure he doesn't attack you as soon as you run up the stairs. If he hits you at the wrong time it's a high chance of insta-death, and there's little you can do about it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

You can get one of those Egg yokes to cure your head infestation in the Painted World in Anor Londo. They also drop from those 2 headed tree lizzards in the forest.

Im not sure if the egg has any benefits. I do know that it takes like 20% of your souls per kill. I dunno if it actually hatches though...
    tok9 wrote: »
    How do I make the shield from Sif's Soul? I have my knight shield +10. I thought that once i got it there I'd have the option.

Only the blacksmith in Anor Londo can do boss soul weapons. Also not all shields can be upgraded to the Wolf Shield. Im not sure about the Knight shield but the Hollow Warrior shield can be upgraded for both boss soul shields, so i just used that for both

Advertisement