Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

You can get one of those Egg yokes to cure your head infestation in the Painted World in Anor Londo. They also drop from those 2 headed tree lizzards in the forest.

Im not sure if the egg has any benefits. I do know that it takes like 20% of your souls per kill. I dunno if it actually hatches though...

Are you serious? Oh Jesus I have been walking around with this thing eating my face for more than 10 game hours.

How many souls has it cost me....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Wow the faster stam regen shield and ring stack. Makes your stamina regain like super fast

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

As long their not the same item they stack, I miss th e ring of avarice and silver bracelet combo and the ever useful clever rats ring and morion blade.

Wow the faster stam regen shield and ring stack. Makes your stamina regain like super fast

Slightly regret levelling up my Eagle Shield to +7 now.

noodler wrote: »
    Slightly regret levelling up my Eagle Shield to +7 now.

Nah. The Grass Crest sheild only has 95% DMG reduction on physical which means you will take damage on block, and the stability is one of the lowest on medium shields so you will lose alot of stamina on blocking to :P Eagle Shield is great, if you wanna block big shots and not lose much stamina. Grass Crest is great when you sling it over your back and two hand your weapon. I wouldnt use it in a fight where i would need to block alot...

tldr: get em both, level em both, use in different situations ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Got invaded today in Londo ruins ( place with ghosts) while i was farming some chunks. I saw a summon sign so quickly summoned another person but they were too slow to appear. So i saw the red figure running towards me and i let loose a strong fireball ( maxed out flame 5+ ) and he ran straight pass it and me.

Mean while the summoned phantom appeared and i walked across the walkways and noticed the invader was placing those prism orbs about the place. He was leading me down into the area with the pool of water and into the room with the 2 darkwraiths. I know what he was up to so i let the other guy go inside and provoke the 2 darkwraiths. He quickly ran out knowing what he did and i was lying in wait. So the 2 wraiths and invader were running towards me and i left a great chaos flame surround them. Felt great to kill the invader in this way. Smart tactic on his part though

Haven't been invaded once yet while in Human form.

Bit disappointing I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

I was only giving out about how I never get summoned/invaded and earlier I was summoned thrice (he he) and invaded once. All while around LV19 near the gargoyles.

In my main game Im just before the iron golem up in Sens, good lord that whole place its intimidating, its like price of persia with lizard men and gigantic barrel throwing metal men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

i wasant invaded till i got to the painting level and that was just once
    got invaded in nor londo but i was just bout to enter the boss fight.

online is worse than demons souls , even when you drop a summon stone it doesnt give you the players stats

Forgot to say yesterday that i picked up the guide for 16.99 in gamestop in limk. They've got a few more left. Its a pretty nice guide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

You might be overlevelled for your area. What lvl/area are you at ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Got this at the weekend and trying get through it without any hints... urge to... snap... controller... rising!

Still loving it though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

Havent had a chance to play for the last few days. This must be what heroin withdrawal feels like.

Digging Ringwraith outfit though, and got as far as the handy item discovery ring. The guy in the cages in Sen: is there a key aside from the master that will open them?

Also, are the upper levels of darkroot easier / harder than the fortress? I'm SL 40 or thereabouts...

prob found it already, but up top in sens, out in the open, theres a tower who's bridge to it has partially colapsed. you can run + jump it, and inside is a vendor. Follow the stairs down to the bottom, and theres another caster lizard, guarding a corpse - which has the key on it

DaveDaRave wrote: »
    You might be overlevelled for your area. What lvl/area are you at ?

Lvl 32 in Andor Londo atm.

Maybe you're the opposite too low for anor londo? go into the painted world of artemis, got invaded 3 times there.

Mate of mine was playing it and he couldn't figure why wasn't being summoned in the undead parish before the gargoyles or see any signs(apart from the NPC). He was lvl 58, the guy plays WOW and is used to grinding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Lvl 32 in Andor Londo atm.

Possibly under levelled then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Mate of mine was playing it and he couldn't figure why wasn't being summoned in the undead parish before the gargoyles or see any signs(apart from the NPC). He was lvl 58, the guy plays WOW and is used to grinding.
    I thought I was bad at SL42 in Sens Fortress!

Still managed to get summoned a good few times for the Gaping Dragon and Queelag. Haven't been invaded once (bar the NPCs)

Maybe you're the opposite too low for anor londo? go into the painted world of artemis, got invaded 3 times there.

Spunge wrote: »
    Possibly under levelled then.

Thats strange...can't say I have had too many major problems so far bar Blightstown.

I am not sure how I could be at a much higher level withour ridiculous amount of grinding. The souls available for killing enemies thus far are very low. I already need over 7000 souls to go up a level.

Maybe I pumped alot of souls into weapon increases you guys didn't or maybe that parasite on my head is eating more of my souls than I realised.

Thats strange...can't say I have had too many major problems so far bar Blightstown.

I am not sure how I could be at a much higher level withour ridiculous amount of grinding. The souls available for killing enemies thus far are very low. I already need over 7000 souls to go up a level.

Maybe I pumped alot of souls into weapon increases you guys didn't or maybe that parasite on my head is eating more of my souls than I realised.

Honestly grinding ruined the game for me , pvp wise anyway. I ended up grinding those guys in darkroot at lvl 35 so i was lvl 50 before i even went into sen's. There was still people to summon but pvp wise id like to be as low a level as possible.

Are you taking the areas in the order they are in the official guide? It brings you through them in order of difficulty whereas I think most people end up stumbling into harder areas and levelling up thinking they're underpowered.

Thats what happeneded to me, I spent ages exploring the Catacombs and Dark Root Garden/Basin before I found the Depths!

• Advertisement

penev10 wrote: »
    Are you taking the areas in the order they are in the official guide? It brings you through them in order of difficulty whereas I think most people end up stumbling into harder areas and levelling up thinking they're underpowered.

Thats what happeneded to me, I spent ages exploring the Catacombs and Dark Root Garden/Basin before I found the Depths!

Can't find a copy of the guide for love nor money online (haven't tried Bricks and Mortar in Dublin) but I have done the first part of the Catacombs up until you kill Pinwheel. No real souls available in the Catacombs with those retarded skeletons.

I did Dark Root Garden and the Butterfly (but got help).

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭gammon_steak

I'm stuck on the Bell Gargoyles and reckon I'll go back and try get the Drake Sword. So I just keep shooting the dragons tail? Any idea how many arrows I'm going to need to hit it with?

Can't find a copy of the guide for love nor money online (haven't tried Bricks and Mortar in Dublin)
    I resorted to a scan of the guide but then couldn't resist the meagre 16.99 Gamestop are charging for it.

I haven't been following the guide as a walkthrough, only dipping into it for weapon upgrades and the like, but some of the content isn't great. Can be very vague compared to the level of detail you get from a wiki (although http://darksouls.wikidot.com/ is still way behind in most areas, surprised it hasn't been updated faster really)

I'm stuck on the Bell Gargoyles and reckon I'll go back and try get the Drake Sword. So I just keep shooting the dragons tail? Any idea how many arrows I'm going to need to hit it with?

I think I got the sword with less than 20 arrows. Make sure you shoot the very tip (you'll know what I mean).

I had a short bow to do it and I think I used heavy arrows from the mechant in Undead Berg.

I found some of the early game too easy with that sword just so you know, the Gargoyles for example - I could kill one almost before the other showed up.

Another strategy I read for them was to use black firebombs.

I resorted to a scan of the guide but then couldn't resist the meagre 16.99 Gamestop are charging for it.

I haven't been following the guide as a walkthrough, only dipping into it for weapon upgrades and the like, but some of the content isn't great. Can be very vague compared to the level of detail you get from a wiki (although http://darksouls.wikidot.com/ is still way behind in most areas, surprised it hasn't been updated faster really)

Yeah use the Wiki alot. Will defo get the guide when I see it.

Maybe I will try town later.

Cheers for the PM

I have done the first part of the Catacombs up until you kill Pinwheel.

Now there was a ridiculously easy boss, 3 slaps of a chaos halberd+2 2 handed and it was over. As for souls, the forest is where its at, or you could do the dragon head glitch thingy(only tried it once to see does it work).

Got the dark moon bow yesterday, meh!!, definately looks like 4 playthroughs for a plat, gwyndilins souls has 4 uses.

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/

This is the best wiki. Been updated super fast since launch, i dont think they are missing anything cept a few bits a peices.

Just discovered this:
    Enemies drop 20% additional souls when defeated with an overkill

I was wondering why some of the enemies from earlier in the game now give more souls. I'm gathering an overkill is when you one shot an enemy with damage > their health.

Just discovered this:

I was wondering why some of the enemies from earlier in the game now give more souls. I'm gathering an overkill is when you one shot an enemy with damage > their health.

Ah i was wondering why i was getting 121 souls for one shotting those trees in darkroot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

was having real difficulty with black knights up until investing a bit into pyromancy - tis a bit OP tbh. Two shot them now with fire orb, and +6 or 7 glove, with little to no stat investment

Anyone recommend a base weapon to level up nice and high? I have the drake sword, and lightning spear, but again, they're a bit OP, but on the flip side, my alternatives (+8 broadsword for example) are just pathetically underpowered. Made a divine +3 morning star for skelly smacking, but again, tisnt fantasic. I might up one of those lizardmen greatswords for the craic (maybe duel wield em... :P )

Advertisement