Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Wossack wrote: »
    was having real difficulty with black knights up until investing a bit into pyromancy - tis a bit OP tbh. Two shot them now with fire orb, and +6 or 7 glove, with little to no stat investment

Anyone recommend a base weapon to level up nice and high? I have the drake sword, and lightning spear, but again, they're a bit OP, but on the flip side, my alternatives (+8 broadsword for example) are just pathetically underpowered. Made a divine +3 morning star for skelly smacking, but again, tisnt fantasic. I might up one of those lizardmen greatswords for the craic (maybe duel wield em... :P )

Get some embers and upgrade normal wepaons with them. I have a +5 Fire Zweihander that does ****ing huge damage when used 2 handed. Up to Tomb of The giants, and the large skellies & Skellie dogs go down in 2 hits

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭gammon_steak

noodler wrote: »
    I think I got the sword with less than 20 arrows. Make sure you shoot the very tip (you'll know what I mean).

I had a short bow to do it and I think I used heavy arrows from the mechant in Undead Berg.

I found some of the early game too easy with that sword just so you know, the Gargoyles for example - I could kill one almost before the other showed up.

Another strategy I read for them was to use black firebombs.

Thanks. I have only wooden arrows so I better head back to the merchant in the Burg and get some better ones. I'll get some firebombs too. At the moment the Bell Gargoyle is cleaning me out so I just want to get passed that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I cleared all of dark root the first bell area and everything down to the second bell including the ash sea place with the second hydra boss thingie,

But i keep getting my ass handed to me by the double boss in anor londo, I havent gone to the catacomb place in the grave yard yet, Is their anything i should go down there for to pass the time since i keep those two bosses keep kicking my ass and im sl 70 dex vit build.

Also i wasted my qualag soul by accident and cant get the weapon i want :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Thanks. I have only wooden arrows so I better head back to the merchant in the Burg and get some better ones. I'll get some firebombs too. At the moment the Bell Gargoyle is cleaning me out so I just want to get passed that stage.

Buy more than 20 obviously.

You have to target manually if you want the tip part (quickest way) and you may miss an arrow or two until you get into the rythem of how he swings his tail.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

aye, think i brought 50 or 60 of the 10 soul price arrows, and I nearly ran out :o it took alot more then I was told - either that or I was missing the sweet spot, or better quality arrows are normally used

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Only the blacksmith in Anor Londo can do boss soul weapons. Also not all shields can be upgraded to the Wolf Shield. Im not sure about the Knight shield but the Hollow Warrior shield can be upgraded for both boss soul shields, so i just used that for both

Cool.

Also, what kills the ghost in the Ruins. I upgraded a weapon to divine which I though would kill them and it went straight through them like the rest.

In Anor Londo now and haven't touched the skeleton graveyard yet where the catacombs are.

Get some embers and upgrade normal wepaons with them. I have a +5 Fire Zweihander that does ****ing huge damage when used 2 handed. Up to Tomb of The giants, and the large skellies & Skellie dogs go down in 2 hits

looks like the elemental/raw/divine type weapons are considerably better then the normal? do things look better for them as you near +15 normal, do you know?
    would prefer a straight up high physical damage weapon - have about 30str atm, and unfort not come across anything thats better then 'C' for str scaling I think

/edit just checking the wiki there, good few weapons > C for str scaling (including the man serpent greatswords I mention above), nvm me :o

tok9 wrote: »
    Cool.

Also, what kills the ghost in the Ruins. I upgraded a weapon to divine which I though would kill them and it went straight through them like the rest.

In Anor Londo now and haven't touched the skeleton graveyard yet where the catacombs are.

cursed weapons, or any weapon if you yourself are cursed - either from basilisks, or preferably, from the items 'transcient curse' (sp)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Cool.

If you're cursed you can attack them, you can buy transient curse of the vendor in the aquaduct. Then you can harm them and then there's a chance the ghosts ill drop one of their weapons, you can kill them with these without the curse.

Cool.

I am struggling to think of what there was in the Catacombs of any use. You get nothing fo rkilling skeletons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I am struggling to think of what there was in the Catacombs of any use. You get nothing fo rkilling skeletons.
    covenant with a pretty handy sword iirc

covenant with a pretty handy sword iirc

Not sure if I got it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

You could join the gravelord covenant , which you get a badass sword

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

isnt the ring you need to join the darkmoon blades in the catacombs

In new londo ruins, passed a fog gate, went down some spiral stirs...dead end, just kills me...am I missing something, wont let me back out through the fog either?

In new londo ruins, passed a fog gate, went down some spiral stirs...dead end, just kills me...am I missing something, wont let me back out through the fog either?

When you kill Sif, there is a ring. That ring allows you to fall into the darkness without dying. And you end up in the Abyss, where you fight the 4 kings.

Cant remember what its called its a green ring

covenant of something ring! nice one! Was confusing the fook outta me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

covenant of something ring! nice one! Was confusing the fook outta me!

Called the abyss ring ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Can you imagine if you didnt have the ring , GAME OVER :eek:

Is the cursed sif sword worth making\using? need to bump up my strength and faith for it and am not not too enthusiastic about faith.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Lvl 32 in Andor Londo atm.

...Im nearly sl80 in andor londo... oh gawd i think i overleveled a bit...

...Im nearly sl80 in andor londo... oh gawd i think i overleveled a bit...

What the hell are you killing to get those kinds of souls?

As I said, it takes 7000+ for me to level up now.

1 run through the forest where the blacksmith door is will net you 7k in 30 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

I do a bit of grinding in every area in order to get all the items the mobs drop. Also killed a lot of the leeches in order to get titanite to mess around with upgrading my equipment:o

just beat the 4 kings, got to the start of the fecking part where he dies and the game ejected itself! :mad:

just beat the 4 kings, got to the start of the fecking part where he dies and the game ejected itself! :mad:

ROFL-copters! Thats a news one (I feel your pain though).

Didn;t come across any convenants to join in the Catacombs.

ROFL-copters! Thats a news one (I feel your pain though).

Didn;t come across any convenants to join in the Catacombs.
    Did you find coffin, that says presss x to lie in? same as crow press x and wait 30 seconds. Think its around where that ring that lets you enter the abyss is.

i heard the gravelord covenant is broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

Is anyone actually in the Blade of the Darkmoon covenant? If so, what sort of pvp action are they getting?

I've not been able to play in a couple of days so haven't progressed far enough yet to join (have just killed Ornstein and Smough and got lost in the Painted World looking for the boss).

• Advertisement

SK1979 wrote: »
    Is anyone actually in the Blade of the Darkmoon covenant? If so, what sort of pvp action are they getting?

I've not been able to play in a couple of days so haven't progressed far enough yet to join (have just killed Ornstein and Smough and got lost in the Painted World looking for the boss).

I was in it, and i got tonnes of pvp action. I was able to invade people and i got summoned to twilight anor londo a lot of times (always died there though) . I was pretty overlevelled though for where i was in the game id say it would be much better if i was about 20 levels lower.

I went to NG+ and joined the dark wraiths coz although darkmoon was fun, there wasnt much incentive to pvp past just killing people as i had no need for the darkmoon rewards., i prefer them coz you basically get an infinite cracked eye orb. So you get humanity when killing people not just souls.

Advertisement