Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

noodler wrote: »
    So I got to Siegmeryer in Lost Iszalith last night.

Had no idea I was supposed to jump in and save him in the pit and now he is dead.

****ing brilliant idea there developers - make you go through 6 other steps throughout the game and then just throw that ****ing curveball at you.

I'll have to farm a stupid slab now.

I jumped in after him but he died instantly, I have just tried it again (finishing my faith game) and even with my silly strong wrath of gods to protect him he died instantly. Thats twice I've jumped in and hes been one-hitted both times.... so he can feck off.

Just started ng+ to get the sage trophy as Ive only one left to get, but allready Im off doing extras... game is too awesome to put down.

Also took a loan of a friends 360 copy to finish the game I started when I first rented it. I restarted and cleared it in 21 hours :eek:
    I didnt do Painted woprld, ash lake etc, and pretty much just ran through everything. Was fun.

I had no idea the dark wraiths dropped slabs.... sickend I sisnt farm them when I had the chance. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,561 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Might be back to you after NG+!

I am about an hour away from completing the game and well over 90 hours.

How long did NG+ take people?

well i am down in blightown now, and a bit stuck after forgetting where the bonfire after the main one is. but to get to here on ng+ might have only taken a few hours gameplay , enemies hit alot harder , but so do i . i easily killed the gargoyles and capra demon, where as first play through they gave me a load of trouble.

i just cannot wait to ring the second bell , i really do not like blightown. sens fortress , anor londo are at least just off the firelink, and brighter !

2smiggy wrote: »
    well i am down in blightown now, and a bit stuck after forgetting where the bonfire after the main one is. but to get to here on ng+ might have only taken a few hours gameplay , enemies hit alot harder , but so do i . i easily killed the gargoyles and capra demon, where as first play through they gave me a load of trouble.

i just cannot wait to ring the second bell , i really do not like blightown. sens fortress , anor londo are at least just off the firelink, and brighter !

Blightown and the depths are the only areas I dont like I the whole game, funnilly enough I actually really enjoyed the catacombs, tomb of giants was horrible first time through, but horrible in a real resident evil scared to move way :D

sens fortress was awesome, took me two playthroughs before I realised that the cages in the first square room on the way to the Golem are a shortcut :rolleyes: I can make my way down Sens blindfolded at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Danonino. wrote: »
    sens fortress was awesome, took me two playthroughs before I realised that the cages in the first square room on the way to the Golem are a shortcut :rolleyes: I can make my way down Sens blindfolded at this stage.
    I've always meant to try those cages but never did! On my 3rd character now so will have to use it! cheers

I actually like the swampy bit of Blightown, its the upper sections which are so confusing that drive me mad:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Ok so finally got back to this after I pulled myself away from Skyrim. Good to see the patch is working well.

Done some tests on my SL 110 Strength character and there is a decent difference to the scaling which is good but it's not as big as I hoped it would be but it's a start!!

Started my new min/max FAI pvp build and Skyrim is already long forgotten!! :P Just arrived in Anor Londo with 4 hours played lol. Going to join Darkmoon and take some time to pvp around level 40 though, didn't do enough of the online stuff on my firsy playthrough!!

• Advertisement

penev10 wrote: »
    I've always meant to try those cages but never did! On my 3rd character now so will have to use it! cheers

I actually like the swampy bit of Blightown, its the upper sections which are so confusing that drive me mad:mad:

just so you know, you need the key that you find down the long stairs where the merchant is (you jump over to him), the one that frees Logan from the cage downstairs.

I think thats why I never noticed the shortcut, when you have the key a big 'OPEN' message pops up.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,561 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

it took me a while to figure out the shortcut cage too, kept thinking i would just fall off the edge. but at that stage i could fly through sens so made little difference.

have not played since still stuck in blightown. busy at work for the next 4 days so will have no time till saturday. might even start another character !!

I have a SL76 Mage badly in need of a Moonlight Sword and a SL69 STR character with no need for his newly acquired Moonlight Sword! D'oh!

Anyone have a SL70ish character who can act as a go between :) I'd make it worth your while :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Im back with this game after a break for Elder Scrolls.

Can anyone remind me how to hold a sword with two hands?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Y/triangle.

No0b :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Press triangle or Y.

Caoimhín wrote: »
    Im back with this game after a break for Elder Scrolls.

Can anyone remind me how to hold a sword with two hands?

Edit: slow as feck

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Completed it at teatime. 105 Hours.

Started new game plus, just entering Blighttown already. Can I confirm that as long as my Pyro Glove is above +10 that whats her name will appear in the Swamp of Blighttown?

I missed alot fo Pyros in my first file because I hadn't the glove levelled.

EDIT: First time in years I have started started a second playthrough of a game. Honestly can't remember the last time I did.

Completed it at teatime. 105 Hours.

Started new game plus, just entering Blighttown already. Can I confirm that as long as my Pyro Glove is above +10 that whats her name will appear in the Swamp of Blighttown?

I missed alot fo Pyros in my first file because I hadn't the glove levelled.

EDIT: First time in years I have started started a second playthrough of a game. Honestly can't remember the last time I did.
    Queelana has appeared for me when I didn't have a +10 glove. It's very unclear why she appears. I've also read that she doesn't appear til you kill Quelaag but that's false too.:confused:

I've gone back to my first character (out of 3 :P) to play NG+. He had very low VIT which isn't recommended for NG+! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

the glove one comes if

•Either defeating Quelaag, and discovering the Chaos Servant covenant (regardless of joining).
    •Or after having had your Pyromancy Flame upgraded to at least +10.
    If the player has slain the boss of Lost Izalith, the Bed of Chaos, prior to meeting her, this will prevent her appearance.

Cool, have most pyros now.

Next up is Smough and Ornstien.

I need to be very careful here. I am trying to get Ornstein's Soul so need to kill Smough first. The problem is that its difficult to rely on help for this as guys I summon might not realise.

Cool, have most pyros now.

Next up is Smough and Ornstien.

I need to be very careful here. I am trying to get Ornstein's Soul so need to kill Smough first. The problem is that its difficult to rely on help for this as guys I summon might not realise.

All 3 times I've fought them with help the other guys went straight for Smough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,765 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Right, I'm not in work until Sunday. Time to wrap this up.
    Just arrived in Anor Londo, about 35 hours on the clock thus far.
    Any bets on the under/over hours it takes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

80+ easy. If you do all the optional areas to 90+

Hardest parts are yet to come so that means more dying, yummy!

80+ easy. If you do all the optional areas to 90+

Hardest parts are yet to come so that means more dying, yummy!

Thankfully, I hadn't died in around ten minutes, thought the game was getting soft!

• Advertisement

I am a bit like yourself in that I took m sweet time as well.

Do you have the peculiar Doll yet? (i.e. have you travelled back to Udnead Asylum and beated the Stray Demon?) Cos if you have you should totally go to the Painted World -via Andor Londo - once you beat the Anor Londo boss).

Best level in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭gammon_steak

That boss in Quelaag's Domain is a nightmare for me. Hacking away with a Drake Sword and getting nowhere. Usually get poisoned trying to get across so have to wait at the door for it to clear. Tried to just stay close and rotate around the back but usually get caught in lava then.

Any tips? I've been stuck on it for a while now. :mad:

That boss in Quelaag's Domain is a nightmare for me. Hacking away with a Drake Sword and getting nowhere. Usually get poisoned trying to get across so have to wait at the door for it to clear. Tried to just stay close and rotate around the back but usually get caught in lava then.

Any tips? I've been stuck on it for a while now. :mad:

First thing is first? Have you any humanity? If you do, you can obviously summon another player but also you can summon Mildred the Maneater (offline or online) IF you beat her at the bonfire just before Quelaag's (to make her appear just be in human form and wander around that bonfire for a little while).

If you summon two human people - you can pretty much stay well clear and let them handle it. If you summon Mildred and one human player then pretty much the same.

If its just you and Mildred, I recommend putting on your best ant-fire armour, check which of your shields best defend fire and equip it and then see if you have any accessories that do the same. Ideally you want to be in a situation where her flame explosion won't one-hit you. So either learn to avoid (tricky if you are a melee chracter) or stay away from her alot and keep casting.

Also, (again if you have some humanity) you should kindle the bonfire to get an extar 5 flasks (10 in total).

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭gammon_steak

Thanks Noodler. I have a few humanities left I think. I didn't know about Mildred so I'll try hang around that last bonfire and see what happens.

I haven't actually been able to summon anyone yet. Maybe I missed something? I can leave the sign to be summoned but I don't think I can leave a sign to request help.

I'll have another go anyway. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

iirc, directly in front, pressed up against her (oh err), is one of the safer locations vs Quelaag. Just need to watch for the AOE burst, and the lava spew.. Can block her spear attacks handy enough

Try to keep from getting cornered, and in the open, as the lava does build up - severly hindering your movement!

When Queelag does the lava spew is your cue to get behind her and hack away. You can probably afford to take a hit from the lava or her flame whip as they are relatively weak. The attack to look out for is her AOE explosion. I dont think she does it til shes down to about half heath. You can spot it coming though as she pauses completely and you can run away.

You can normally get behind her from the off as she starts by doing a series of lava spews. When she begins mixing it up you can get in for the odd whack in between flame whips. Then take your time as she begins to unleash the AOE. Arrows and spells are good at this point.

Thanks Noodler. I have a few humanities left I think. I didn't know about Mildred so I'll try hang around that last bonfire and see what happens.

I haven't actually been able to summon anyone yet. Maybe I missed something? I can leave the sign to be summoned but I don't think I can leave a sign to request help.

I'll have another go anyway. Thanks.

You can only summon when you are in human form (signs will just appear at bonfires and before bossfights). I.E. you must use a piece of humanity to get your counter above 1 and then use a bonfire to "reverse the hollowing".

Mildred usually shows up somewhere near the bonfire's entrance (you will get an invasion signal announcement so just run back into the relative safety of the bonfire ramp to defeat her).

Her signal will appear just before the fog to the boss as long as you have beaten her (and again are in human form).

I am a bit like yourself in that I took m sweet time as well.

Do you have the peculiar Doll yet? (i.e. have you travelled back to Udnead Asylum and beated the Stray Demon?) Cos if you have you should totally go to the Painted World -via Andor Londo - once you beat the Anor Londo boss).

Best level in my opinion.

I clocked up a good few hours in the Forest Covenant. I had also gone through all of New Londo Ruins only to find I didn't have the necessary key.

Finished the Painted World last night, boss took a few attempts, but it was an excellent level. Couldn't believe how many Levels I went up there.

Also, I didn't defeat the Stray Demon. Tried him a few times and eh, it didn't go well. That was a while ago though, maybe now I can serve it up to him

I'm really liking Anor Londo as well, it's not been the easiest place, those two lads with the ridiculous arrows took a few attempts. Hopefully I can finish it off later

I clocked up a good few hours in the Forest Covenant. I had also gone through all of New Londo Ruins only to find I didn't have the necessary key.

Finished the Painted World last night, boss took a few attempts, but it was an excellent level. Couldn't believe how many Levels I went up there.

Also, I didn't defeat the Stray Demon. Tried him a few times and eh, it didn't go well. That was a while ago though, maybe now I can serve it up to him

I'm really liking Anor Londo as well, it's not been the easiest place, those two lads with the ridiculous arrows took a few attempts. Hopefully I can finish it off later

Ah I see. I am on NG+ but decided this time I would finish Andor Londo before going to Darkroot. I still have to join the Darkroot convenant for a trophy as I murdered them all last time. I went in through the door (used the crest) and decided it was too risky to try and join that way so I will have to go via the basin later.

Loved Painted as well as I said. Might have been the Snow (great that the idea allowed the game to have a snow level despite it not "making sense" in the wider sense). Still have to to there and get Priscilla's tail which I am not looking forward to.

Didn't like Anor Londo much at all - too bland for me - it is a hub of activity though and perhaps the best boss fight in Smough and Ornstein.

EDIT: If you didn't beat Stray, how'd you get the peculiar Doll? Is it possible to get back to your cell without beating him? I guess ti is!

• Advertisement

Didn't like Anor Londo much at all - too bland for me - it is a hub of activity though and perhaps the best boss fight in Smough and Ornstein.

EDIT: If you didn't beat Stray, how'd you get the peculiar Doll? Is it possible to get back to your cell without beating him? I guess ti is!

Didn't even know Priscella had a tail!

Yeah, you can walk around the the edges of the room and you won't fight Stray Demon, there's two hollows there, they avoid the centre as well. Cheating? Maybe, I'll go back when I'm good and ready!

Advertisement