Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

You can still join the Forest Hunter covenant even if you have killed the lads, just dont kill any after you join.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

penev10 wrote: »
    You can still join the Forest Hunter covenant even if you have killed the lads, just dont kill any after you join.

In my first playthrough I am afraid I murdered the crow statue looking yoke that was sitting on the window cos I thought it might be a trap....was no coming back from that...what followed was a massacre of epic proportions!

Will be more careful this time around.

You can kill the cat!?!?!

I didn't even notice her til my second playthrough! so she could've ambushed away!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

shot the cat, it laughs, and fecks off :( disappointing

Wossack wrote: »
    shot the cat, it laughs, and fecks off :( disappointing

Can't say you weren't warned (like 5 posts ago!)

• Advertisement

Anyone available for summoning?

Wanna kill Smoiugh and Ornstein in NG+ but wanna kill Smough firsrt.

Come on!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,765 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Smough & Ornstein down, and got my first Soul Shard for the Lordvessel off Seath.

I should have quit my job ages ago, it's been holding me back

YES!

Got Ornstein and Smough down in NG+.

I summoned two absolute legends who did as I requested and killed Smough first. Neither survived the fight against large Ornstein though who is a bitch in NG+.

I salute my fallen comrades!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I just spent the last hour and a half trolling people in the painted world, dressed in full painting guardian garb with dual swords and all. Would send the player i invaded a message saying "Get out" just after i entered their world. Im sure minds. where. blown.

Worst part was i was only level 34. Not to mention the guardian armour kinda blows as do the swords. Shame the swords are so bad, they got an awesome R2 ability thats real flash but not very effective cause the range on the swords are brutal. They are pretty much daggers, without the benefits of daggers :( I did manage to kill 8 hosts though. One which i kicked off a ladder only to have lost all my stamina doing said kick and falling after him. Hilarious stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I just spent the last hour and a half trolling people in the painted world, dressed in full painting guardian garb with dual swords and all. Would send the player i invaded a message saying "Get out" just after i entered their world. Im sure minds. where. blown.

Worst part was i was only level 34. Not to mention the guardian armour kinda blows as do the swords. Shame the swords are so bad, they got an awesome R2 ability thats real flash but not very effective cause the range on the swords are brutal. They are pretty much daggers, without the benefits of daggers :( I did manage to kill 8 hosts though. One which i kicked off a ladder only to have lost all my stamina doing said kick and falling after him. Hilarious stuff!

If any post highlights how much of a triumph this game is, it's this one! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,765 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Four Kings, Ceaseless Discharge, Firesage Demon and Centipede are all beaten. Can't be many left now?
    I also went back for the Stray Demon after wussing out first time, I was slightly over-levelled, killed him in a handful of hits.

Tomb Of The Giants is just a nuisance to even navigate, don't think I've moved 100 yards from the start of the level and have fallen or been pushed repeatedly.

Joined the Sunlight Covenant with my mate Solaire, but last time I met him
    After Centipede he seemed depressed as hell.

Four Kings, Ceaseless Discharge, Firesage Demon and Centipede are all beaten. Can't be many left now?
    I also went back for the Stray Demon after wussing out first time, I was slightly over-levelled, killed him in a handful of hits.

Tomb Of The Giants is just a nuisance to even navigate, don't think I've moved 100 yards from the start of the level and have fallen or been pushed repeatedly.

Joined the Sunlight Covenant with my mate Solaire, but last time I met him
    After Centipede he seemed depressed as hell.
    Just
    Gravelord Nito and Bed of Chaos
    left to kill so. You can get a helmet in
    Lost Izalith by killing one of the chaos bugs
    that illuminates the surroundings. Might be worth getting if you're struggling in TOTG. In fairness after a while you'll get an item in the Tombs that'll help so maybe just try legging it!

Got Priscella's tail tonight without much fuss - love that level.

Also killed the Butterly and Sith and joined the forrest covenant.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭gammon_steak

noodler wrote: »
    You can only summon when you are in human form (signs will just appear at bonfires and before bossfights). I.E. you must use a piece of humanity to get your counter above 1 and then use a bonfire to "reverse the hollowing".

Mildred usually shows up somewhere near the bonfire's entrance (you will get an invasion signal announcement so just run back into the relative safety of the bonfire ramp to defeat her).

Her signal will appear just before the fog to the boss as long as you have beaten her (and again are in human form).

Went back to this again. Defeated Mildred and then summoned her. Defeated the boss on first attempt then. Awesome! Wasn't even aware of this side of the game.

Thanks for the tip!!!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I just bought this game today... I have no idea what im doing :D

Oh how i wish i could be able to play through the game again with no idea what im doing:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Lads and ladies theres free dynamic themes on the ps japaneese store if you are interested ..

ARGH ITS POXY :mad:

must stay up all night and play :D

I cant beat this black knight fella, ive been all night on this one bit had to turn it off before me controller hit the wall. I really like this game but its hard as balls.

• Advertisement

I cant beat this black knight fella, ive been all night on this one bit had to turn it off before me controller hit the wall. I really like this game but its hard as balls.

He's typically not fought till abit later after you leveled up abit. It is possible to beat him but you gotta cheese him. Let him whiff his attacks and throw fire bombs at him while his shield is down. Besides the treasure that he protects isnt all that good. But he does have chance to drop some really powerful equipment, plus a high amount of souls for your current level also

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Dying alot I'd imagine!!

This Taurus demon is impossible :mad:

Edit: fell of the bridge so did the monster :D

This Taurus demon is impossible :mad:

Edit: fell of the bridge so did the monster :D
    Summon people to help with the bosses. Makes the game a whole lot easier.

Also getting summoned yourself is a great way to earn some souls.

penev10 wrote: »
    Summon people to help with the bosses. Makes the game a whole lot easier.

Also getting summoned yourself is a great way to earn some souls.
    My xbox live keeps disconnecting (bloody eircom) so i keep getting logged out :mad:

My xbox live keeps disconnecting (bloody eircom) so i keep getting logged out :mad:
    Play through offline first yourself, makes it much harder :D

Arawn wrote: »
    Play through offline first yourself, makes it much harder :D

That, and phone UPC

That, and phone UPC
    actually yeah, I don't understand how the country isn't on upc, the only time they ever seem to be down is like 4 in the morning for repairs and thats very rare

Arawn wrote: »
    actually yeah, I don't understand how the country isn't on upc, the only time they ever seem to be down is like 4 in the morning for repairs and thats very rare
    Well we were on upc and i was doing to much downloading so we had to get new service provider :o

• Advertisement

Well we were on upc and i was doing to much downloading so we had to get new service provider :o

Im pretty sure UPC have an unlimited download deal. I think this is what im on at the moment (25meg + unlimited), could be wrong though. :rolleyes:

Advertisement