Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,561 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

open the door beside where you went in to the area of the moonlight butterfly. costs 20,000 from blacksmith before sens fortress.

you can fight sif in there.

have you rang the second bell ? you have to go to blightown and down to the bottom.

after you ring this you can enter sens fortress and get the lighting spear (very powerful at this stage of the game)

also can fight the hydra at the bottom of the darkroot garden, just keep going down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

I may have to start again, ive killed all non threathening chracters in the game including the black smith so far

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

ordered my copy of this on last sunday... i really hope it will be here on wensday!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I may have to start again, ive killed all non threathening chracters in the game including the black smith so far

Haha probably not the best idea ! I only kill things that attack me first....

2smiggy thanks for that, may go get 20,000 somewhere !!

was surprised to see a brown envelope at home today after work.

dark souls in! sweet!

*pop this ****er in and make knight ( always go for rogues in these games, i wanted to be a bad ass tin man! )

* **** yeah, owning all the bitches in the house!
    * okay... big mother ****er in cooler armor then me! you will die!!!!
    * so this bonefire was in great position...
    * rinse and repeatx4 and waste souls on firebombs each time.
    * spawn and go back to pick up 1.5k souls ( againISH )
    * just outside of bonefire i sidestep to nowhere while trying to dodge some prick!
    *Nerdrage quit, turn off ps3, go make myself tea and go play some minecraft to calmed down the nerves... ps3 controllers are not that cheap...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

*pop this ****er in and make knight ( always go for rogues in these games, i wanted to be a bad ass tin man! )

* **** yeah, owning all the bitches in the house!
    * okay... big mother ****er in cooler armor then me! you will die!!!!
    * so this bonefire was in great position...
    * rinse and repeatx4 and waste souls on firebombs each time.
    * spawn and go back to pick up 1.5k souls ( againISH )
    * just outside of bonefire i sidestep to nowhere while trying to dodge some prick!
    *Nerdrage quit, turn off ps3, go make myself tea and go play some minecraft to calmed down the nerves... ps3 controllers are not that cheap...

Welcome to Dark Souls...enjoy your stay! :pac:

Kiith wrote: »
    Welcome to Dark Souls...enjoy your stay! :pac:

funny enough...

i am watching topgear now, but i really want to go and play again now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

funny enough...

i am watching topgear now, but i really want to go and play again now :D

Thats the way it works.

You turn it off in anger every now an again but you find yourself thinking about it alot.

Over 100 hours between 2 save files between October and January I did.

Skyrim is still in plastic wrap.

noodler wrote: »
    Thats the way it works.

You turn it off in anger every now an again but you find yourself thinking about it alot.

Over 100 hours between 2 save files between October and January I did.

Skyrim is still in plastic wrap.

i dont want to piss off anyone, but...

... dark souls did made me nerdrage, but i had more fun at that 2h play, then i played 15-20h skyrim. i just stoped playing after coming to next generic town, with generic people, generic quests and generic fella on throne who says to me "0/3" people would suck your dragon born lizzard...

dark souls is indeed a fantastic game.

i have about 270 hrs clocked up on my character.

i don't have much time during the week for games at the moment, but i do find my self playing it after coming home from the pub on a fri/sat night. just heading to anor londo and getting summonded or else the forest. perfect for a couple of drunken hours play. (except when you give away a good weapon :( )

• Advertisement

Guys. Can you explain me a few things:

1. When I am at that fireplace I can reverse hollowing? Wtf that does?
    2. At fireplace again: kindle?

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

Guys. Can you explain me a few things:

1. When I am at that fireplace I can reverse hollowing? Wtf that does?
    2. At fireplace again: kindle?

1. Reverse hollowing brings you back to life. So you can invade, be invaded, summon phantoms etc.
    2. Kindling gives you 5 more estus flasks.

Both of these cost humanity to do.

Tommy_NDX wrote: »
    1. Reverse hollowing brings you back to life. So you can invade, be invaded, summon phantoms etc.
    2. Kindling gives you 5 more estus flasks.

Both of these cost humanity to do.

Does it give any other advantages, then invading etc?

Amd will it give me extra 5 permenant or 5 on top of ones I can use out ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You should kindle the main bonfires that you use, as 10 healing flasks makes a massive difference.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

The higher your humanity the more likely you are to get rare items dropped by the enemies.

I think the max estus flasks you can have is 15(it's the highest I've went to anyway).

As far as I know theres no advantage to being alive like extra health or souls. The big advantage is summoning help like certain NPC phantoms or other players. Its a risk though if you get invaded but it adds to the experience of the game.

And yeah 5 permament extra flasks from that particular bonfire.

Kiith wrote: »
    You should kindle the main bonfires that you use, as 10 healing flasks makes a massive difference.

so its permenant then so?

so far i learned: melee combat is prety much useless vs big bastards.

i got as far as some sort of headless lizzard, which shoots lighting bolts when you are at range. i tried melee the ****er, but it would be easyer to chop down forest with your fists, then killing him like this...

i am on zero souls too now, and that ****er is not even boss.

Does anyone know if low level players are still being harrased by overpowered phantoms?(twinkers i believe they're called)

btw how do you invade?

btw how do you invade?

You need a certain eye stone. Theres different types for some of the covenants you can join. Or use cracked red eye stones which can be found in firelink shrine but they get used up with each use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,765 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

so its permenant then so?

so far i learned: melee combat is prety much useless vs big bastards.

i got as far as some sort of headless lizzard, which shoots lighting bolts when you are at range. i tried melee the ****er, but it would be easyer to chop down forest with your fists, then killing him like this...

i am on zero souls too now, and that ****er is not even boss.

There's a bonfire just before him; definitely one to kindle as it serves as a good hub between different areas.

That demon is a lot easier to kill from range, you can use the pillars on the ground to block his lightning attacks, but that said, he can be beaten if you get up close and personal with a shield that has 100% Physical block. Try circling him, give him a few slaps of whatever weapon you have, get your shield up for when he attacks and hope you have enough stamina to fully block them (he may double of triple swing, it's been a while)

Alternatively, run right past him to the next area and come back for him when you've levelled up a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Ah the Titanite Demon, took me a few lives alright, a lot of people say to use ranged weapons, I had bow and arrows to get him down a bit, then had to go melee with my sword, close fight, just beat him.
    Use the cover !!

i am playing knight, so feck all magic or ranged on me. i got few bolts and firebombs, but with damage they do i will need 2 fecktrucks of them :(.

i will skip it so.

will have to resume play tommorow as misses back home... :( i need an hdmi monitor in office!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Struggling fighting the Church boss. I cannot get his attack pattern down.

You mean the Gargoyle on the roof right?

Are you Hollow of Human? If you're human, you can summon Solaire right before you enter the Fog gates. Well handy, let him take the Gargoyle head on, you can circle behind and smack the tail off him.
    Also, if you have any Gold Pine Resin, apply it to your best weapon and let rip at him a couple of times, then circle him to avoid any flame attacks (been a while since I played).

Without giving much away about the fight, focus on the target, don't get distracted by anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

F1ngers wrote: »

I think the max estus flasks you can have is 15(it's the highest I've went to anyway).

Max number of flasks you can carry is 20

Btw I am walking corpse. How can I turn to proper human?

Or that humanity on bonfire is the way to get in to pink flesh bag?

I could not see last time I did it as I got huge kick ass boar helmet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

walking corpse means you're hollow aye

reverse hollowing at a bonfire will make you human again - costs 1 humanity
    then once you're human, you can spend more humanity at the bonfire to 'kindle' it, and increase the amount of health flasks you'll receive when you rest at it

I didnt really notice my corpse-like body till I got the gold-hemmed armor set, and you could see your gross boney feet :P

if you have humanity (either a number higher than one on the screen or you collect it and it's put in your inventory) you can reverse hollowing at the bonfires.

take off your boar helmut to see if you are human !!

like others said, it's very handy for fighting bosses as you can summon other players just outside the boss area usually. it's funny glowing writing on the ground.

to be able to summon you must meet solitare (i think) if you know where the big red dragon on the bridge is, at the other end of the bridge to him there is a balcony there. talk to the NPC there a few times and he will give you the summoning stone !!

• Advertisement

Yeah, if you've got humanity available you can "Reverse Hollowing" at the bonfire and look human once again.

Ah the Boar Helmet, you'll get tired of it eventually. It takes up a little too much of the screen!

Advertisement