Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still Waiting On Promised Manager Call After Being Lied To By One of Your Marketing

Options
  • 01-02-2011 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

About 3 weeks ago I was contact by one of your marketing team trying to get me to Return to Eircom.

I was told on the phone that I would be able to get 8mb NGB within about 2 weeks of switching back (Which would not be possible since the local exchange is not due for upgrade until April at the earliest) Also that I would have Norton Online Security (I wasn't informed however that this was only for the 1st 3 months) and that It would be a set price each month which work out cheaper overall in comparison with my current provider - Unfortunately another thing I was not informed about is that there was a 10GB (Which I would burn in a few days) Download allowance which I can assure you would have worked out costing me a hell of a lot more then I was told.

It cost me a fortune trying to get back in touch with your customer service dept as He gave me an (01) number to ring and because it was after the time you 1901 number stops working I had no choice but to make several calls to the (01) number after I realised I had been mis-sold the service.

I eventually got my order cancelled but I want the cost of my calls refunded due to the fact that if I had not been lied to I would not have had to waste money on calls to that number.

I was promised a Manager call back within 5-7 days (This has also not happened).

I will now be contacting Comreg and The National Consumer agency about this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

About 3 weeks ago I was contact by one of your marketing team trying to get me to Return to Eircom.

I was told on the phone that I would be able to get 8mb NGB within about 2 weeks of switching back (Which would not be possible since the local exchange is not due for upgrade until April at the earliest) Also that I would have Norton Online Security (I wasn't informed however that this was only for the 1st 3 months) and that It would be a set price each month which work out cheaper overall in comparison with my current provider - Unfortunately another thing I was not informed about is that there was a 10GB (Which I would burn in a few days) Download allowance which I can assure you would have worked out costing me a hell of a lot more then I was told.

It cost me a fortune trying to get back in touch with your customer service dept as He gave me an (01) number to ring and because it was after the time you 1901 number stops working I had no choice but to make several calls to the (01) number after I realised I had been mis-sold the service.

I eventually got my order cancelled but I want the cost of my calls refunded due to the fact that if I had not been lied to I would not have had to waste money on calls to that number.

I was promised a Manager call back within 5-7 days (This has also not happened).

I will now be contacting Comreg and The National Consumer agency about this.

Hi countknickers

if you PM me your telephone no I can have this investigated and promise to get back to you with an update.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 27 countknickers

Hi countknickers

if you PM me your telephone no I can have this investigated and promise to get back to you with an update.
    Tony

Hi Tony,

I just sent it to you there.

Thank you

Hi Tony,

I just sent it to you there.

Thank you
    Hi countknickers

have recieved this and will chase for you. Hope to have some word today.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 27 countknickers

Complaint Passed to Comreg and National Consumer Agnecy.

Complaint Passed to Comreg and National Consumer Agnecy.

Hi countknickers
    thanks, have recived your PM and have responded to your query.
    Goodluck
    Tony

• Advertisement
Advertisement