Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Team for charity 7-a-side tourney

Options
  • 01-02-2011 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭

Hey lads, I'm cycling to Galway and back at the end of March along with about 100 other heads to raise money for the suicide prevention charity Pieta House. My Mam is a counselor for that charity, they do fantastic work and receive no government funding. The cycle plus the various other events usually raise c. 100k. On Feb. 19th there's a 7-a-side astro tournament on in Maynooth as part of the fund-raising drive and I was hoping we could get a boards team in supplemented with some of my mates if needed. We'd have decent chance of winning I reckon and it'd be good craic and all that.

Staunton Shield
    pieta house

So if you're available on Sat 19th Feb and would like to play (10 euro each if we get ten players) post in here. Also, if there's any of the ex boards players snooping in here who want to play, throw your names in too.

Thanks,
    Martin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭VW 1

Hi Martin not sure what kind of interest you have gotten but I would be available to play for the competition and the good cause, let me know what the story is by PM if thats handier for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Well it's a few weeks off but this will be reserved for lads who play for Boards or ex-players. Did you play for us before? Maybe you did and I'm forgetting. If not and we can't get the full ten together I'll let you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭VW 1

Ah ok no problem I hadnt realised it was exclusively for those guys! Nope havent played for the Boards team before but I do play to a decent standard 3-4 times a week so if you are short for numbers stick me down as back up!

Will do!

Or if you can organise your own team that'd be great btw, money going to a great cause. Only need 7 or 8 players really.

• Advertisement

Des, could you send a text out about this? Just want to get a rough idea of numbers so I can contact my own mates to make up numbers. Will you put my number in the text and ask the lads to either post here or text me? Cheers!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'll have to say no, i'll probably be in madrid that weekend.

No worries Keith!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Des, could you send a text out about this? Just want to get a rough idea of numbers so I can contact my own mates to make up numbers. Will you put my number in the text and ask the lads to either post here or text me? Cheers!

I've no access to the O2 webaite in work, will do next week.

No bother.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Des wrote: »
    will do next week.

:confused: I meant this evening, sorry man, was very busy in work and obviously not paying attention to what I was posting.

Haha, was wondering, awful long shift if you had to work all week :D

Advertisement