Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin bus fare increade 2011

Options
  • 01-02-2011 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Dublin Bus wishes to advise customers that from Sunday 6th February 2011, adult cash fares will increase. For journeys of 13 stages and under, the fares will increase by 5 cent. Over 13 stages, outer suburban and Xpresso fares will increase by 10 cent. There will be no increase to child fares.
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/News-Centre/Travel-News/New-Cash-Fares-2011/

So when prices are generally falling another semi-state body (who were NOT subject to the P.S. paycuts) is increasing its prices. Nice. Serving the entire community indeed.:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

What a nice way to deal with traffic congestions. The only thing I see now is even more people using their cars and jamming the roads :mad:

Well, I'm cycling and happy with that ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

Don't forget to give the full news....

Increase only apply to cash fares.

All weekly, multi journey & monthly tickets remain as is.

Not a rip-off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Gallagher5

At least its only cash fares. Im safe. Everything seems to be increasing, not to mention tax!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

91011 wrote: »
    Don't forget to give the full news....

Increase only apply to cash fares.

All weekly, multi journey & monthly tickets remain as is.

Not a rip-off!
    This is what gets me about DB. They go on and on about, "Well if you have a card....". What about people who only occasionally get the bus? I don't have a card because neither the weekly, monthly or yearly ones provide any cost saving to me. A multi-trip one is useless because I'll buy one and then forget to renew it and be left standing at the bus with an expired card and no cash.

Give us a smart card like the oyster card where we can go online and check the balance, get an email when it drops below €5 and not have to worry about only having 2 trips left on the card or renewing the card every week or month.

Fncking ridiculous. Every other major city has had this **** together for at least five years. It's 10 year old technology, at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 adcom

I didnt realise that it was only cash fares that were increasing- i suppose that is some good news for those people who avail of the tickets!! However it does suck for those of us who only use cash fares- Im an hours walk/€1.60 fare from town. It makes no finincial sense to buy a prepaid card when i may only use the bus once a day. If dublin bus wish to encourage tickets thats fine (i would welcome it!!) but make them pay per trip rather than the current system of pay per day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

An Oyster like card is currently in trials I believe. - Ready for launch later this year.

Also, they also sell non-consecutive multi trip tickets. e.g. a 10 day ticket that can be used over a few weeks. Great for those who work 2 / 3 days a week.

They're not really that bad compared to London. (Heathrow to Earls court last Tuesday £8 return - up from £5.60 last year!!)

Advertisement