Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Mobile

Options
  • 01-02-2011 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just had my mobile stolen in Blanchardstown today. It WAS a bill pay mobile and my contract ends around the 20th of this month.

Can anyone tell me if my contract would cover a replacement phone OR do you have to pay extra cover for that ???.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Oasis678

Hi vtinial

You will need to contact your network and ask

Option 1. Do you have insurance- If so they will advise you how to make an insurance claim- usually involves filling in a form and reporting stolen phone to gardai
    Option 2 Ask if you are due an upgrade- This will be dependent on how much you have spent on bills. If you avail of an upgrade your contract will be renewed.
    Option 3- Get sim replacement and then buy a prepay mobile phone from your network and use your sim replacement in it.
    Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Hard luck. I hope you have done the needful with your provider. If there is an upgrade due to you on th 20th, your best option is to get a replacement sim and buy a cheapo sim-free phone in your local Dunnes Stores. They're €20 to €30.

Advertisement