Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Take a hike

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

squod wrote: »
    I dunno where this is coming from. The money we're giving the IMF is form our pension reserve fund. Every econonmist is predicting default on these huge loans. So then can I ask you, when we default and we don't have enough money to run the country...... who should we borrow from?
    No, we're not giving that to the IMF... we're contributing €17.5bn to our own bailout.

€12.5bn from the National Pension Reserve Fund and €5bn from other sources of domestic cash.
    EFSM is giving €22.5bn & the IMF €22.5bn and the €22.5 billion from the European Financial Stability Fund.

Not every economist is predicting anything of the sort.

We don't have enough money to run the country already. That's why we are borrowing. See my earlier post. We had 3 options and the EU/IMF was the best because of the lower interest rate.

Also, €50bn is being allocated to fund the day to day running of the State.. with only €10bn being used to recapitalise the banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭benagain

session what session ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Not every economist is predicting anything of the sort.

So you're answer is putting two fingers in your ears and humming 'till the problem goes away. We can't afford the bail-out. End of.

fontanalis wrote: »
    No he/she is not. He/she said the private debts should be taken care of by the owners not the irish people (what Noonan was saying).
    I don't think there is any Irish person who wants to sweep up another countries banks mess but that's what Lenihan the Greater signed the country up for, this is what he and whoever he surrounded himself with needs to explain straight out.

It's already been outlined the advise he was given wasn't followed by himself or Cowen.

So you're answer is putting two fingers in your ears and humming 'till the problem goes away. We can't afford the bail-out. End of.
    That's not what I'm doing.

I've shown how we can not, not afford the bailout. We have to borrow from someone... who do you suggest borrowing from?

Defaulting isn't an option - I've pointed out the breakdown above and you ignored it.
    We need money to run the actual country.

That's not what I'm doing.

I've shown how we can not, not afford the bailout. We have to borrow from someone... who do you suggest borrowing from?

Defaulting isn't an option - I've pointed out the breakdown above and you ignored it.
    We need money to run the actual country.

I'm done here. Carry on posting your FG/FF copy-pasta. We'll see who's right in a few years. I know it's me.

I'm done here. Carry on posting your FG/FF copy-pasta. We'll see who's right in a few years. I know it's me.
    I didn't copy and paste a thing. I'm already right, don't need a few years.

It's ok though, economics can be very difficult for some people to comprehend and the current situation isn't made much clearer by politicians and the media.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Kidnapping, prostitution, drug-running and extortion.

So vote FF back in?

Advertisement