Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iguazu...to go or not to go!?

• 01-02-2011 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am off to Argentina for a month next week. My plan is to concentrate on Southern Patagonia as far as Ushuaia, however i have some time in Buenos Aires at the end and am in two minds as whether or not to check out Iguazu?? I am thinking i will have seen loads by then and tbh I'm not to keen on the idea of watching water gushing over a cliff......

What do you guys think!!!! Are they really worth the trek?

Thanks
    FT!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ellie2

Just back from south america. Its deffo a bit of a hike to get there but so worth it. It was amazing, deffo if you have the time u should do it. Hostel inn on the Argentinian side is a cool hostel with an amazing pool. Argentinian prices have increased 20-30% in past yr so just be careful when lookign at guidebooks, things are deffo a lot more expensive than we expected but so worth it. El Chalten and Bariloche are amazing if you have the time as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Fancy That

Cheers Ellie!

My plan is to visit Barolochie and also El calafate El Chalten etc. Will play Iguazu by ear methinks!

Don't suppose you know of any good party hostels in Ushuaia? Looks like I'm gonna have a Saturday night there!

FT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Hey, my last trip to South America was to Patagonia. Taking in all the spots on your iteninary. How are you getting down there from Buenos Aires? I assume you'll be heading to Bariloche first. When I went south I went from there over the border into Chile and got the Navimag ferry down to Puerto Natales which was one of the highlights of the trip...

When I made to Ushuaia I stayed in Cruz del Sur hostel which was fine. Cant tell U if it was a party hostel as I was there midweek. There is an Irish bar on the main street so U can start out there if there is no action in the hostel U are staying...

Foz de Iguazu is an over night bus up and back so you probably need 4 days for the trip and back unless you fly. There isnt anyway remotely like Foz down south so if U have the time I would deffo head up there. That said there is plenty to in Beunos Aires aswell if you just want to relax and chill out...

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭milehip1

Ushuaia wouldnt really be a party town,more a treking vibe in that town, as is most of Patagonia,
    IMO the glacier Perro Morrino(sic) was more of an attraction, kinda like a frozen waterfall if you will
    and i had much better craic in El Calafate (nearby town i think),lots of ppl after doing the camping thing in Torres and El Chaten(sic) so in more mood to party,then again BA has a pretty good nightlife check out Milhouse hostel there,loads of Irish,English and Aussies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

i'd definately skip Bariloche and travel to Iguazu falls, spent 6 months in Argentina and Iguaza rocks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Fancy That

Hey all,

Thanks for the tips! My plan is to taken internal flights between the towns/citys! Stayin in Millhouse in BA so that should be fun!! Will play Iguazu by ear!

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

bamboozle wrote: »
    i'd definately skip Bariloche and travel to Iguazu falls, spent 6 months in Argentina and Iguaza rocks

Baricloche was one of the higlights of South America for me. I wouldnt miss Bariloche for Iguazu and besides you would probably need to stop off there on way back from the south. Would recommend staying in Pudu hostel.

Advertisement