Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fabric faded on the wall

• 01-02-2011 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hello

I rent an apartment in Dublin.
    I bought new pillowcases (black, such a bad idea!) a few weeks ago, and as there is no bedhead, the pillows were against the wall. Unfortunately the pillowcases faded on the wall!
    I tried to wash it with a "magic eraser", soapy water, but it's still there.

Any ideas how to wash it?
    Otherwise I'll have to paint the wall I think... :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,023 ✭✭✭✭listermint

LouLou65 wrote: »
    Hello

I rent an apartment in Dublin.
    I bought new pillowcases (black, such a bad idea!) a few weeks ago, and as there is no bedhead, the pillows were against the wall. Unfortunately the pillowcases faded on the wall!
    I tried to wash it with a "magic eraser", soapy water, but it's still there.

Any ideas how to wash it?
    Otherwise I'll have to paint the wall I think... :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Try using foam rug cleaner on a out of the way section to see the reaction. Should be better than water to lift the stain.

Also buy a bed-head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Use some Cif, gently. And try it on an unseen area first....should shift it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 LouLou65

Thanks, I tried some Cif on an unseen area, waiting to see what's going to happen and if nothing I'll try it on the stains

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,023 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Incidently, regardless of pillow colour, The natural oils in your hair would have stained the wallpaper anyway. So make sure you get a bed head when leaving.

Last resort leave the bed head there to cover the mark. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

I wouldn't worry about painting the wall. it'll be classed as natural wear and tear which you can't be expected to repair when you leave, same as scuff marks on walls etc...

The landlord should have provided a headboard anyway, and they should remember this when you leave.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 LouLou65

Thank you everybody for your answers, it worked perfectly with some Cif :)

Advertisement