Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fee paying website to watch matches

• 01-02-2011 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭

Does anyone here know a good paid legal site to watch premiership games (if there is such a thing). I have been looking at a few that require you to pay per month or whatever. I am just wondering could someone recommend a good quality one rather than paying and just being directed to bad steams from justin.tv or sopcast etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Have been using it for 3 months now and would recommend it. £6 for 2 months is great value.

http://www.liveonlinefooty.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

There are no legal streams with in the UK and Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

shano_88 wrote: »
    Have been using it for 3 months now and would recommend it. £6 for 2 months is great value.

Been using this for a few weeks and its excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Tusky wrote: »
    Been using this for a few weeks and its excellent.

Whats the quality like?

I have my laop connected to a 50" tv and some stuff appears quite pixilated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Yeah I'm on this the past week, some great although they aren't showing the United match tonight according to the schedule.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

RasTa wrote: »
    Yeah I'm on this the past week, some great although they aren't showing the United match tonight according to the schedule.

This is the reason I still haven't subscribed. It's matches like tonight's, when there'll be ten times as many people using streams that I want a reliable one that I'd pay for.

The setanta one on eircom is a decent stream, never cuts out. The only problem is, the 300kbps one is inferior quality to most 300kbps streams through the likes of atdhe.net, and the 800kbps has very good picture quality but the sound is terrible, so bad that I have to either mute it or watch the low quality one.

I've tried all the myp2p, sopcast, veetle streams and these days it's harder to find a reliable one. The best option I've found is to use a low quality veetle stream.

ucd.1985 wrote: »
    Whats the quality like?

I have my laop connected to a 50" tv and some stuff appears quite pixilated.

Picture quality so far has been at least as good as the best non subscription stream going. If that makes sense ? Usually its a bit better though.

In terms of stability - once it loads (takes a couple of seconds) it never stutters or goes down. Its totally smooth.

Surprised by that - theyve shown every Liverpool game so far. I'd have a look just before the kick off as they might change the schedule.

This is the reason I still haven't subscribed. It's matches like tonight's, when there'll be ten times as many people using streams that I want a reliable one that I'd pay for.

Surprised by that - theyve shown every Liverpool game so far. I'd have a look just before the kick off as they might change the schedule.

They are now and the Arsenal game. It's only £6 btw to try it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

There are no legal streams with in the UK and Ireland

this isn't quite true.

Streams are like Pirate Radio Stations.

It's ok to pick them up, but not ok to broadcast them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

United match is on the schedule for tonight. Signed up so will report back tomorrow

• Advertisement

They are now and the Arsenal game. It's only £6 btw to try it out

You can actually buy a 1 day subscription for £2.

You can actually buy a 1 day subscription for £2.

0 value in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

http://www.flashsportstreams.com/

That's a cracking website.

I haven't missed a Sunderland game on there in two seasons and they stream SS1, 2, 3, 4, SSN, ESPN UK and USA, Fox Soccer Channel and Fox Soccer Plus, 24/7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Des wrote: »
    this isn't quite true.

Streams are like Pirate Radio Stations.

It's ok to pick them up, but not ok to broadcast them
    Doubt its ok to pay someone operating an illegal service broadcasting them though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

signed up to this site for 2 months, heard good things about it

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭YohanCabeye7

What do they stream it on? veetle/vshare etc? Does it not get taken down?

The V-Share stream provided on ADTHE, rarely gets taken down. Quality is average.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Signed up for 2 months there give it a shot only 7 euros . Handy for espn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Just out of curiosity, anyone remember how much it was to order a game on Sky Pay per view?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Just out of curiosity, anyone remember how much it was to order a game on Sky Pay per view?

PPV doesn't exist any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

About 10 quid IIRC.

• Advertisement

I logged into that and got my brother to log in on his laptop too and it worked on both happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

L'prof wrote: »
    PPV doesn't exist any more.

Yeah I know but I was just curious to know how much people were getting ripped off by. £2 by comparison is pretty good, providing the streams are decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Normally i find a decent free stream, are these paid ones 100% reliable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,309 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Apart from watching Iraq Goals**, if you have the Sky Sports package (and wish to watch them when away from home), you can do so at http://www.skysports.com/video/tv/0,25316,1,00.html

**It doesn't matter if you pay for it: watching streaming TV is pretty much illegal in Ireland and the UK, IIRC.

Untitled-3.png that's the quality of it at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Did someone mention in another thread you could view a sample stream?

Can't see it on the website anywhere

Edit, sure for 6 quid, what they hey, signed up for the game tonight.

Just a note for people experiencing pausing/connection issues on the the free streams.
    If you are using the newer Eircom Zyxel router and are streaming via wireless, that's probably the source of your problem there.
    WLAN on those routers is brutal, I always make sure i'm hard wired and I generally don't have any issues at all.

If hard wired isn't an option, get yourself a set of these...

http://www.asokausa.com/Ethernet-Adapters/Products/residential-pluglink/menu-id-64.html?4b35446f81686a9515fd347812888334=a011351356f0235f386389322858efa5&idx=1

The network will run over electrical wiring in your house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Anoter option if you know someone with a sky subscription is sky player on the PC.

You can stream any sports channels you own for free. I use the one from my Mam's sky subscription and find it very good. You can register up to 4 computers, but can only watch one at a time iirc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

www.hackedcabletv.com

^ Has free streams of all UK and US cable/digital channels, including Sky Sports 1 - 3 and is free. Just select Sports from the drop down menu in the bottom right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    www.hackedcabletv.com

^ Has free streams of all UK and US cable/digital channels, including Sky Sports 1 - 3 and is free. Just select Sports from the drop down menu in the bottom right.

Sounds good, would you rate the quality as better/worse/same as sopcast streams?

• Advertisement

Another good thing about Liveonlinefooty.com it works on the ps3

L'prof wrote: »
    Sounds good, would you rate the quality as better/worse/same as sopcast streams?

About the same really, maybe slightly better as the player size is slightly bigger but sometimes it varies.

Edit: This LiveOnlineFooty is sweet, pretty faultless stream. Looks like siz quid well spent.

Edit: This LiveOnlineFooty is sweet, pretty faultless stream. Looks like siz quid well spent.

Indeed :D All games in English too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Hows the arsenal vs everton stream on this paid site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Excellent thanks! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I signed up tonight but couldn't get any channels to load, just a white screen, anyone know what's up

• Advertisement

niallo27 wrote: »
    I signed up tonight but couldn't get any channels to load, just a white screen, anyone know what's up

Download the latest flash player here and you should be sorted.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

10/10 for liveonlinefooty, worked flawlessly tonight, on a 3mb eircom line. Even changed to the chelsea game at half time and had no problems. Well worth the £6 if the demo stream works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I've started using this site lately and find it pretty decent http://www.a2zmatchlive.com/

Download the latest flash player here and you should be sorted.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Ya I downloaded that alright, still something up though

Ya I downloaded that alright, still something up though

you on a old machine by any chance? and what web browser

• Advertisement

I logged into that and got my brother to log in on his laptop too and it worked on both happy days

Beware - if they realize you are doing this they will cancel your subscription. Might be ok if you are doing it from the same internet connection as it would have the same IP address but dont give your password to mates.

Beware - if they realize you are doing this they will cancel your subscription. Might be ok if you are doing it from the same internet connection as it would have the same IP address but dont give your password to mates.

My da, brother and myself were streaming 3 different games, all on the same IP though:)

nuxxx wrote: »
    you on a old machine by any chance? and what web browser

No it's a new enough pc on windows 7, I tried firefox and Internet explorer

No it's a new enough pc on windows 7, I tried firefox and Internet explorer

http://www.liveonlinefooty.com/watchlive/demo.php

Right click, go to settings, and the first icon will display a tickbox for hardware acceleration. Untick it and reload the page, see if it works then.

If it still doesnt go do the opposite thing and re-tick it.

nuxxx wrote: »
    http://www.liveonlinefooty.com/watchlive/demo.php

Right click, go to settings, and the first icon will display a tickbox for hardware acceleration. Untick it and reload the page, see if it works then.

If it still doesnt go do the opposite thing and re-tick it.

Cheers I'll try it tommorrow night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I've been using tvandsportstreams.tv for over 3 years now. I'd recommend it highly. Sometimes the streams will cut out and they will be down for 5-10 minutes, but that's maybe twice a season at most. They will have ever single United game in the entire season, including reserve team games. They have nearly every PL game every week, and have specific request threads if you want to push something unusual. Well worth the price I pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

I signed up to liveonlinefooty.com - €6 a month, paid through PayPal, what's to lose?

Watched the Chelski-Sunderland game, have to say I was very impressed with the stream. However, I switched to the United game and it became a bit jumpy - advice would be to stick to the game you want to watch, don't channel hop. You need sufficient broadband for it as well.

markesmith wrote: »
    I signed up to liveonlinefooty.com - €6 a month, paid through PayPal, what's to lose?

Watched the Chelski-Sunderland game, have to say I was very impressed with the stream. However, I switched to the United game and it became a bit jumpy - advice would be to stick to the game you want to watch, don't channel hop. You need sufficient broadband for it as well.

I channel hop all the time and never have a problem. I do have a 30mb connection though, may have something to do with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Another good thing about Liveonlinefooty.com it works on the ps3

Keys
    What's the quality like on the PS3 .

I will be watching it in a '46 Samsung .
    Does it play in a smaller window and you have to zoom using the PS3 browser zoom ? If so I would say there is a massive loss in quality .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Was really impressed with liveonlinefooty.com last night. Thought the quality was actually better than the sky player. Hopefully they will keep the site up and running for a long time. Must be coming from Greece because it says at the start of each half "only for viewing in Greece".

Was handy that they switched over at half time too to see a bit of the Chelsea game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement