Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can you get battered mars bars in dublin?

Options
  • 01-02-2011 5:42pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭

see title for details :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,979 ✭✭✭✭listermint

see title for details :pac:

search works wonders

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showthread.php?t=2055696670

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

2 years old, and hardly any suggestions, with at least one of those places shut. the only suggestion is a sign ina window in 2009 :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 loopyloopylou

the back of any church:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

As I said in the last one. The Bull and Castle still does them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You could try one at home, or if you do not want to make a mess of the fryer you could try chopping one up and adding it to some pancake batter.

I like my chipper batter but make pancakes instead, like instead of chicken balls from the chinese I will fry up chicken and pour on unsweetened pancake batter and then just eat it dipping it in curry sauce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

theres a place in blanch shopping centre that does them.. its a noodle place i think its at the yellow entrance.. seen it on the menu on sunday.. wonder how many weight watchers points in one of them :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

one meeeeeelion points
    rubadub wrote: »
    You could try one at home, or if you do not want to make a mess of the fryer you could try chopping one up and adding it to some pancake batter.

I like my chipper batter but make pancakes instead, like instead of chicken balls from the chinese I will fry up chicken and pour on unsweetened pancake batter and then just eat it dipping it in curry sauce.
    Ah I only want to try one once ever for the taste, I'll be staying clear of deep fat friers. Covering things in pancake does intrigue me!

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

one meeeeeelion points

Ah I only want to try one once ever for the taste, I'll be staying clear of deep fat friers. Covering things in pancake does intrigue me!

They are ridiculous.. I did the same, tried one for the taste and although it wasn't the worst tasting thing I've eaten, I know I'll never have one again..
    Nice with some salt and not that bad if some vinegar gets on it.. That's why it scares me so much. 0.0
    They did them in a chippy here in Sligo so I couldn't see them not doing it somewhere in Dublin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

the only suggestion is a sign ina window in 2009 :p

That sign is still, I think, there :) but if they let you down there're some seriously good doughnuts in the bakery across the road from it to help scratch the tasty-sweet-batter-itch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Borza in Dalkey do them - never tried one though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

guilios in edenmore does them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

There was a place on Liffey street that did them, dunno if they still do. Disgustin things tho *shudder*... tried it once, was not impressed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

Borza in Dalkey do them - never tried one though.

Yep was out in Dalkey for a meeting last week and the guy with me ordered one and i nearly got sick even thinking of eating it BUT i did try it and Jaysus was it tasty, I have since called in sick from work and spent the past week eating them.

Very tasty if your in Dalkey

• Registered Users Posts: 39 KingBot

Any updates on anywhere that does these deliciously dangerous treats?

I'm vegan now so I have no idea I'm afraid. Glad I tried such a delicacy first. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Mod note: @kingbot - this thread is seven years old so I'm closing it but feel free to start a new one - although as far as I know the deep fried Mars Bar trend has died off :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement