Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

confused old 'newbie'

Options
  • 01-02-2011 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hey folks, lookin to get back into following basketball. Played a bit as a kid (college and beer got in the way), and always followed NBA when I was younger but kinda lost interest along the way. It was harder to find on tv then (particularly before internet) unless you wanted to get up at the crack of dawn on a Sat!! ANYWAY, looking to start following the Irish scene now but a bit confused with how the league works - saw Killester and UCD MArian last wkend, now was that a final? And if so whats the story with there being more fixtures this weekend? Sorry, basics Im sure, but like I said, Ive been outta this for a while.
    Cheers in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭danwhite88

That was a final indeed. It was the cup final. There will still be more games untill end of march prob. To check fixtures to all superleague teams go to basketballireland.ie and you should find everything your looking for regarding different teams, players stats, game times and venues.. Hope it helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Kiri

Basketball Ireland site gives the complete fixture list and there is a drop down menu in the "fixtures" for the next 2 week on any given time. Also Aertel (RTE) pg 408/409 give a fixture and venue for the coming weekends. There will be some mid week games coming up because of "play by dates" but Sat and Sun are more usual. The season ends around March 6-8 I believe and the will be an end of season play off ie; top 4 after the regular season ends. Killester just beat UCD by 13pts (6/2/2011) but they will also meet at least one more time on the 5th March. Repeat of 2011 Cup Final and UCD need a win !

Advertisement