Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

your greatest moment in gaming

Options
  • 01-02-2011 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,643 ✭✭✭✭

mine was in pro evo 4 , playing as Brazil, down 4-0 to my friend who was playing as china with all his team up to max attributes , and came back to beat him 5-4 :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Got my COD killstreak, which was languishing at 3 for a good while, up as far as 5 there last week.

You may laugh but the emotion i felt was probably something similar to how a father feels when their child is born

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

To the above please say your joking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

By pure fluke I got a 45 kill streak on COD4. And that was most by knifing people. I'd never be able to do it again. probably because I don't play that much.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

1 crediting Ghouls n' Ghosts with a huge crowd behind me not believing that a 10 year old was able to do it. Screw your kill streaks, that's real gaming skill right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,803 ✭✭✭✭Penn

3 - GTA: Vice City. Vigilante missions. Got to Level 182. Took 5 hours. Got about $97m for it (in game obviously). Was awesome. For some reason some of the levels were skipped because the bad guys would spawn in a lake and die instantly, but most I hunted down (yes, in the Hunter helicopter, but it still counts) and killed.

2 - Finishing Devil May Cry 1 in Dante Must Die mode. And I thought finishing it on Hard would be my greatest achievement

And in first place:
    1 - Metal Gear Solid 3. The sniper battle against The End. Possibly the greatest hour of gaming I've ever had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

To the above please say your joking

I only have the game 2 weeks but still

Noob for life brother ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Chrizfitz

Mine isnt an amazing feat or personal score.

First time I used the temple of time in OOT. as a 12 year old who made his jump to n64 from the master system II this was a new world for me and no game took over my life like OOT.

Think it was GTA 3 - I had been chasing after someone for ages on foot and then they finally jumped in to a convertible car and sped away. In my annoyance I fired off one shot in his direction, which killed him. Still have no idea how I managed to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Mine was the week I got kill zone 2 I was so close to fully ranked I ended up keeping playing untill I was fully ranked just before school.. I stayed up till it was school time and until I hot fully ranked... Yes I was pretty darn exhausted in school but that games insane

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭demixed

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    1 crediting Ghouls n' Ghosts with a huge crowd behind me not believing that a 10 year old was able to do it. Screw your kill streaks, that's real gaming skill right there.

This post isn't getting the love it should be, fair play that is a proper achievement!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Played and finished the Doom collection in a weekend using a visor instead of the TV. This was about 10 years ago.

Something like this :
    img_12972_visor.jpg

My friends brother was a dentist and he owned it for some reason.

I could not sleep for a week after it !!
    Probably not my best gaming moment but memorable.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

going 30-0 on a Free For All game on Modern Warfare 2, at 4am, when pissed after a night out. I've done perfect games before but being drunk made it all the better :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Pulling off my first fatality in Mortal Kombat, everything changed after that!

Call of Duty 2 Normandy beach invasion. Really showed off how immersive and intense first person shooters could be!

Aeris getting killed by Sephiroth in FF7, didnt see it coming at all! Another moment from the same game was spending hours training and racing chocobos so I could get the the best summon in the game, Knights of the Round. I remember being absolutely blown away the first time I got to use it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Cod 4 search and destroy, was playing against 5 others so 5v1 and i got a 16 killstreak lol and won the game in the end, plus winning a poker game in red dead last night with all the blinds at max, i knocked out the other five players

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Retr0gamer wrote: »

one crediting arcade games was an awesome feeling back in the day, finishing Street Fighter 2 without losing a round is up there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,643 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

possibly my favorite game is wonder boy in monster land, passing that on one credit was very satisfying

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Halo 3 Legendary Solo.

It felt good to me ok?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Clearing flimbos quest on the c64. Some of them levels where really annoying for young seanybiker.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

1,250,000 or thereabouts on SF2 i the arcade, have to get 2 perfects on everyone and lose one round per person (more points :o). I was quite good at that game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

CSS, dust2. 5v1 in a ranked clan match, first ever game. Jumped around the corner, nailed a quadruple headshot with the p90 blinded, picked up a awp on landing and jumping no-scoped the sniper about to pop me.

What I never told anybody was that it was a insane combination of nerves, luck and fright.

The flashbang made me jump in my chair, I hit fire, forward and jump because my fingers were hovering over the keyboard as well as jerking the mouse and keyboard away from me. Didn't realize what I had done(still blinded on screen) and was trying to pick up my keyboard. I mashed a loud of buttons in the process(picked up awp).

Then I got screamed at by three of the players on the team, did the same thing again. No scoped the last person.

Never had anything go so well for me again in games. Including the rest of the rounds of that match. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

demixed wrote: »
    This post isn't getting the love it should be, fair play that is a proper achievement!

I'm proud of it but it was back in the day when I was young and had so much free time that I could practice loads on the megadrive version which was pretty much arcade perfect in hard mode. Only other game I can 1 credit that wasn't a fighter was Carrier Airwing and I kind of fluked that. Just don't have the time anymore and have too many games to beat. Now it's beat it and move on to the next one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,847 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

There are probably more but the most recent 'greatest moment' I had was getting the platinum trophy in Batman Arkham Asylum. Was a pure and utter joy to get every one of those trophies, even if it did mean I was practicing combos for the extreme combat levels in my sleep!

Roll on platinum for Arkham City!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

• I completed Time Crisis 2 on 1 credit and with 2 health bars left on a boat over to England.
      Nobody was around to see it :(

• Hada 25 winning streak on Mortal Kombat 3 at a house party and retired undefeated............I was banned from the SNES for the rest of the night :pac:

Walked into a nite-club in Sligo where they had an Xbox hooked up to a TV. Some smarmy git had a 30-odd winning streak on Street Fighter 2 and had that shìt-eating grin on his face.

I picked up the controller, he gave me a cocky look and put the controller behind his back...............I kicked the shìt out of him in the first round so he puts the controller in front of him again, meaning business...............I get a perfect on the 2nd round, cue crowd cheering, I laugh at the not-so-cocky shìt now, give the controller to a randomer beside me and go back to my drink :pac: I had ended his reign of terror.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

1.Beating demons souls final boss with a broken sword : i was all alone fighting the false king then bout half way through my sword broke and it was my only sword , so this boss battle went on for 30 to 40 mins and i was afraid i would have to answer the door to let my sisters in from school also i was worried i would die so thats 2 things to think bout while dodging and fighting the boss , and when i did i was so happy one of my proudest moments in gaming i tearred up abit :P

2. Shadow of the colossus

Beating the boss where your at the place where the water is shooting up
    Died 20 odd times trying to find his weak spot and was just about to look up on how to beat him but i found a way and beat him , if i had a third hand i would of spatted myself on the back :)

3.Sonic the hedgehog 2

me and my dad beating dr eggman with only having 1 ring
    i must been bout 4 at the time but i still remember it to this day my most fond memory of my childhood aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 23,181 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Getting the Big Boss rank on MGS4, on one save file.
    I felt like crying when I finished it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The "smile" achievement on Geometry Wars 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Hmm.. trying to remember..

Beating Time Crisis 3 with one coin. Damn that took a lot of practice but it was worth it.

Beating every difficulty on an arcade version of The Fist of the North Star which consisted of hitting 6 pads with your fist in correct timing as they came out at you. I attracted lots of crowds playing that game when I was around 13/14, really wish I could play it again for the lulz.

Beating Metal Gear Solid 2 on extreme not long after it came out. Now that I think of it MGS2 came out in 2001 and it's 2011 now, and I'm just about to turn 20. Jaysus.

Playing through BulletWitch on 3 different difficulties just to try and 1000 it. I'm surprised I even did that. Such an awful game.

More will probably come to me in time!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Getting to represent Ireland in the xbox cup in Germany during the World Cup in 2006. Free tickets to Argentina v Germany, right behind the goal for the penatly shootout, free xbox and games and a load of adidas gear.

I am brutal at FIFA...:cool:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Finishing all the Super Meat Boy worlds without dying once. That would tahe unholy time and godlikeskill.

I've only managed the first 2 worlds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Pulling off an insane win in Search and Destroy on Wasteland in MW2. I took a few shots at a few guys. Got a kill but retreated while under fire. Later I managed to the jump on a few guy and kill them with a pistol as they were moving to plant the bomb. Won the tie-breaking game.

The realisation that I had enslaved every possible person in Fallout 3.

In Age of Empires 2, in a multiplayer game I managed to build two wonders, on opposite sides of the map, at the same time. Unfortunately it was a Free for All and two player co-ordinated an attack on both and they fell simultaneously with 2yrs to go. I still felt great though.

Last night myself and a friend played L4D2's scavenge mode and got two perfect rounds which were won only by time comparisons.

Advertisement