Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

your greatest moment in gaming

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Playing CS 1.6 with my mates clan on de_train. They were all quality and I wasn't great. Was only playing because was in my mates house and they were one man short so I jumped on the other computer and played. We were terrorists and the bomb had been planted in the middle bomb site, I was the only one left against two CT's in the first round so only had my glock.

One had got to defusing the bomb a couple seconds before I rounded the corner and the other was a few feet behind him covering one alley but in the same line as him as I was looknig. In my haste to kill him before he defused I turned on burst fire. Popped off one burst and led my aim across the two of them. Double headshot. Fúck yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

One of my favorite moments in gaming was in Max Payne.

I cant remember the level exactly but i think it was down in a sewer. I was fairly low on health and had no pain killers.

I went around a corner to the top of a stairs and there was 4 guys in front of me, 2 on the stairs and 2 further away. I dove down the stairs over the first two guys, shot the 2 guys further away from the stairs turned around mid air and shot the two on the stairs all before I hit the ground. It was a real "**** yeah" moment for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Playing the first Dawn of War,3vs3 on Kasyr Lutien.

My 2 teammates disconnected as the countdown was ending so it ended up being a 3vs1.I don't like quitting so continued on anyway, about 5 minutes in I get attacked with what was pretty much their whole force.

At this stage,I'm fully teched up with a full army and completely annihilate them.I was really good at the game, and those three were too confident they'd win :)

Playing Age of Empires 2, and in the first few minutes,I somehow get completely destroyed bar 1 worker.With that and a really small piece of land,I rebuild and completely wall off, and somehow manage to win that game.

A few years ago, was inside a LaN cafe playing CS on Dust. I was really bad at the game and usually died early in each round. In one round I ended up being the last player on my team left against the two highest scoring on the other team.Knifed one guy, and coming out of the tunnel against the other, with only 1 bullet left in the deagled, I pulled off a blind headshot to win the game.Whole place erupted cheering.Was just awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Azza wrote: »
    Beating the player named "Mexico" in ranked game of Company of Heroes. He was the 3rd ranked allied player at the time and a day later he was No.1.
    I wasn't particualry high ranked so he would of stood to loose alot of points and it would of taken him a good few games to get them back. So as the win screen came up he pulled out his internet connection to prevent him loosing points or me gaining them. Posted the replay up of it on gamesreplay and he got a torrent of abuse for it.

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

playin pro evo in a college bar on a big screen with one of my friends, think it was pro evo 4. i was madrid(with beckham) and he was milan, we both scored early goals and it was heading for extra time, in injury time i was clean through and he took me out of it just outside the box. i was terrible at free kicks and always just used roberto carlos to blast them, i decided to have a go with beckham. about 2 yards outside the box, ran up and curled it slowly into the top corner, soon as it went in i jumped up and screamed with delight and then looked aorund to see about 3 people looking at me from the other end of the bar, there was hardly anyone there but it felt like i was playing in front of thousands, it was a magical moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

traded my SNES in to get a PS1

HOW-DARE-YOU?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I'm updating this to having sex while playing mortal kombat and winning the fight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

I'm updating this to having sex while playing mortal kombat and winning the fight :D
    FINISH HER!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Babality? >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 29 MilionMilesAway

Squaredude wrote: »
    FINISH HER!!!

Surely this is a Friendship.... or your not doing it right :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

My greatest moment in gaming was beating Guitar Hero 3 on hard. The bastard took me about 40-50 tries to beat the devil. I think it's the first time that I got so single-minded about beating a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 MilionMilesAway

My two cents:

Like a poster before me, the demo of Resident Evil 2, in the poliece station. Got a PS cause of this. A real leap forward.

Total ownage of the entire planet in Alpha Centauri on hard.

The bit in MGS where your getting the crap kicked out of you by Physco Mantis and the guy calls you on the codec and tells you to switch joypad ports so he cant "read your mind"... WOW

Finishing an old game called supremacy on hard. Brilliant

I cant believe that no-one has mentioned the likes of Elite or Ur-Quan masters.... I might be a little long in the tooth. Both awesone with so many memorable moments.

The first time I finished Golden Axe in the arcade in Mosney. I think I was like 8/10?? Spent about a week praticing.

Getting the zodiac spear on like level 10 in FF 12. Running into a level rammers with hard as nails zombies that you couldnet even scratch at that level and running out, 3 of 4 characters dead, but I got the kick-ass spear that made the rest of the game a breeze. Oh and beating the Omega Wepons in the FF games.

The train bit in Uncharted 2.

The opening sequence of Half Life 1, the bit on the train. Also when the gravity gun gets pimped at the end of HL2, also realising that Portal was almost better than the game that spawned it.

After being a massive fan of Eye of the Beholder 1, getting my hands on EOB2 was pant wettingly exciting.

I could go on, but lastly, Monkey Island 2. All gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dora258

Play some simple games without thinking.
    That's useful for relaxing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭sherdydan

has to be me, my mother and father, using a play MGS strat guide to beat sniper wolf.... i was 8 at the time, and my parents were sucked into the game as much as i was, i havent seen it since.

8 years of age and i won the mon on bobbyjo in the irish grand national :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

21 kills on Search & Destroy on Downpour Cod 4. Last round was a one on one, I was on last stand and had an air strike. Had no clue where he was so just went for it for ****s and giggles. Boom got him to win it :cool: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I used to play the original Halo against my brother a lot. He's a great player, but I'm not mad into FPSs as a rule, so it was pretty one-sided. He kicked the crap out of me quite consistently, and got a bit smug about it, but the Xbox was his and there was sod all else to play on it.

Anyway, his mates were over at one stage, and we fired up the 'Box as usual. I forget the exact circumstances, but for whatever reason we ended up in some kind of all-or-nothing final standoff. Proper sports movie, last-play-of-the-game, deciding point, winner takes all, kind of stuff. I had sod all useful ammo left and he was charging towards me in a tank, with a smugarse expression all over his face and his friends doing their usual douchey bro schtick in the background. I had pretty much resigned myself to another sore defeat, and had already mentally checked out.

Anyway, long story short; I walked right out of cover at a far more leisurely stride than I intended just as his tank barrelled towards me like the wrath of God, then, right at the last possible second, very neatly canned him in the chops with the pistol. It was the coolest looking thing I've ever half-accidentally done. I put the controller down, strode out of the room past all six dumbstruck spectators like a boss, and only then when I was quite sure I was out of view, victory danced like the gormless idiot nerd I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Solm

Getting my first Plat Trophy in Unchartered 1 it took me ages :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Going back to Shadow Moses in MGS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Finishing Demon's Souls.

Getting a platinum in Demon's Souls.

Demon's Souls Demon Soul's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Artur Foden

Greatest achievement in my life: getting Madagascar infected in Pandemic 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Did desert in 47 secs in Sega Rally on the Saturn.

That took me sooooo ****in long to achieve.

Still proud of it til this day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Many memories but my favourite moment was a multiplayer game of Halo (think it was 3) online. I suck at FPS but my mates play them so I always end up playing.

I had gotten into one of the banshees (had to google that to check I had the name right) but my usually crappy skills meant I flew too low to an enemy and he jumped on to remove me from the cockpit.
    While being flung out of it I had a moment of genius where I managed to quickly line up and stick a plasma grenade to his newly acquired ship. I really enjoyed those couple of seconds where I pictured him delighted with his capture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Completing super mario world by my self :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

ColHol wrote: »
    Got my COD killstreak, which was languishing at 3 for a good while, up as far as 5 there last week.

You may laugh but the emotion i felt was probably something similar to how a father feels when their child is born

Well done, I have played COD with the grandkids and on the net and I'm yet to score a kill.

My first kill will be my greatest moment, if only I could.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Keitho_san

Ninja defuse on MW2 SnD, winning round me vs 6 enemies... with the help of my smoke grenade... nowadays, its harder to ninja, with people having turtle beaches.... sad face.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Going back to Shadow Moses in MGS4.

I loved that, the reworked music and voiceover bits, the now broken cctv camera, wondering if the old sneaky routes were still there and they were, great part of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

Can't think of any really great moments off the top of my head, but I'll always remember the Rebellion level in Far Cry, where you drive a jeep by a beach with a lighthouse, and speed up a hill, at the top of which a helicopter rises and shoots at you. I raced up the hill in the jeep, aiming at the helicopter, knowing that my jeep would jump up into the air, and crash into the chopper mid-air and both the jeep and chopper would blow up in mid-air, killing everyone in the chopper. I jumped out of the jeep at the last possible moment, timing it right, so that the explosion of the chopper wouldn't kill me, and so that I would land in the water beneath the cliff.

I lol'ed for quite a while at that stunt :)

Actually, here's a viedo of something similar. It's the exact same part of the Rebellion level I'm talking about, but the person in this video fires a rocket at the chopper instead of crashing into it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pe5hI2g_wU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Getting Paul up to Tekken Lord on Ultra Hard in Tekken 5. Took ages and when I did it I didn't touch Tekken for weeks after. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Winning a FIFA world cup league with a prize of playing playing FIFA 10 at the emirates. Beat Storybud22 to win it. Ranked number 1 in IRL and top 50 in the world last year. Was epic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Funglegunk wrote: »
    Getting Paul up to Tekken Lord on Ultra Hard in Tekken 5. Took ages and when I did it I didn't touch Tekken for weeks after. :P

Did the exact same. Feels good doesn't it? :D

Probably beating the first Time Crisis without being hit once.

Advertisement