Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

your greatest moment in gaming

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

One of my best moments (although it's not spectacular because i'm not on the ps3 much lately) is when i was playing fifa 11 online once. I was liverpool playing ac milan, i was 2-0 down when on the 83rd minute I score. The adrenaline started flowing!! 90th minute, counter attack, so close to scoring but keeper saves it, but i score from the corner! I was shaking, honestly the best game i ever had!

Needless to say nobody scored in extra time and i lost on penalties, but it was some game.

Edit: Actually another good moment for me is when I used to play Black Ops a bit, won a game on Nuketown with a k/d ratio of 25-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Clearing Street Fighter as Chun Li without having lost a game in difficult mode. Sadly, no one was there to see it but I'm sure a few may heard it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I led Grimsby Town to Premiership glory on fifa 10 after first achieving consecutive promotions through every tier of English league football , all while playing on legendary mode:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 bf2000ie

1. Longest headshot in bad company 2. Heavy Metal map. 643 point headshot with an m24 rifle. Havent seen anybody do better yet.

2. Hardcore Onslaught in Valpariso, 45 minute game to take 4 flags, 99 kills (only headshots count in hardcore, or so it seems) and 8350 points. There are no reward points in onslaught so points are purely from kills, taking a flag and giving health, ammo etc...
    Was very nearly crosseyed after that, too much concentration!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

bf2000ie wrote: »
    1. Longest headshot in bad company 2. Heavy Metal map. 643 point headshot with an m24 rifle. Havent seen anybody do better yet.

2. Hardcore Onslaught in Valpariso, 45 minute game to take 4 flags, 99 kills (only headshots count in hardcore, or so it seems) and 8350 points. There are no reward points in onslaught so points are purely from kills, taking a flag and giving health, ammo etc...
    Was very nearly crosseyed after that, too much concentration!
    interesting since the max head score is 560.

• Advertisement

interesting since the max head score is 560.

Sorry, my bad. Typo. It was 543. From the hill on the side of flag B down to the ridge on the edge of the Russian base. Thanks for spotting that!!

bf2000ie wrote: »
    Sorry, my bad. Typo. It was 543. From the hill on the side of flag B down to the ridge on the edge of the Russian base. Thanks for spotting that!!
    If you want a 560, arica harbour, just outside the first base to the enemy spawn on the last. Keep in mind you will be no help at all for yer team

If you want a 560, arica harbour, just outside the first base to the enemy spawn on the last. Keep in mind you will be no help at all for yer team

I only go for the long range shots when its a walk over game. When they pinned back to their base. Pointless otherwise! Thanks for the tip though, ill have to give it a go. You make that shot? I know that angle, its a very small time frame to make the shot. Well done!

yeah, not a hard angle at all, you just got to hope a sniper stays still cos it lags yer so far away!

Yeah I have, Themooseinnam has and I know cycocyle got the reverse shot and a body kill on my and someone else in game got 610 for it i believe

yeah, not a hard angle at all, you just got to hope a sniper stays still cos it lags yer so far away!

Yeah I have, Themooseinnam has and I know cycocyle got the reverse shot and a body kill on my and someone else in game got 610 for it i believe

From the gate of the base or from the trees off to the right? Its been a while since I went snipin in there so memory isnt the best of it. Ill have a look later ha :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Playing bad company on the PC and getting a 35 and 0 K/D.... I was in shock, but then again im a sneaky sniper bastardo on that game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I tend not to remember all my random victories and the like in online games, or at LAN parties. I can have a terrible memory :)

If I'd have to pick a moment it'd be when me and some pals grouped together to play in an L4D tourney, won, and got to play against Valve (incl Chet Faliszek), and beat 'em too.
    Then meeting Chet a few months later in person and rubbing it in, and getting a shout out during his developer talk \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

One that springs to my mind is winning the "Spanish League Cup" against Barcelonca In PES 2009. Only thing was I was playing that mode where you play as one player. I was playing for some team lower end spanish league team, Can't remember the name as it wasnt the real name but they had pink jerseys. Anyway it was 0-0 and the ball broke to me in the dying minutes and i just managed to touch it before Valdes and tucked it nicely passed him. I honestly couldn't believe it. If anyone knows that mode it can be very hard to score and i was muck at it. Few seasons later i was playing with man u and scoring in every game but couldn't beat that match for joy haha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

At a science exhibition there was an excellent prototype motion controller and the game running was Star Wars Episode I Racer. I loved Racer for the N64 was expertly good at it. The game was blazingly fast and it was just wowing other casuals that were watching. It took me a little while to grasp the controls but they were really so intuitive it was amazing, I loved it! The track the 'demo' was set at was the first Tatooine training so I bossed the race with ease. The audience of course knew nothing of how simple that track was because others had failed it miserably probably because the game was so fast and the track still had one really tight squeeze choke point. The grad student running the demo decided to be smart and switched the tracks for the next race and challenged me to beat it. "Gauntlet" - Little did he know he actually picked my favourite track in the entire game.
    Crowd gasping behind me while racing at octane speeds,dodging all materials of objects and embarrassing the heck out of a nerd who had just gotten his arse handed to him by a 9 year old who was smashing his lap and track records. I was in heaven! To this day, I still wonder why he didn't just pick Abyss?:confused: Either way thanks dude for giving a 9 year old one heck of a great experience and your controller was awesome.

Second greatest moment would have to been an unsuccessful completion of a live op which involved Arma II and Rainbow Six 3 : Ravenshield for the PC. One guy had basically scripted a back story, with various events planned for arma and cqb section for RVS. There was 24 of us in total. We had dedicated teams and assignments. It was just epic coop play the entire live op lasted over 8 hours with a break between RVS and Arma but I couldn't have cared less the amount of care the creator put into it was amazing. It was made even more amazing when under team rules he couldn't even take part in it!Just spectate. The best bit about it was that for my RVS section our team should have had 8 guys, instead we only had three and a half (in keeping with the continuity we had to gimp a teammate) and that it made it tense as hell because none of us knew the map. It turns out the map had a hostage wired to a bomb and we were actually panicking like mad trying to figure out how to approach it. We failed, the hostage was blown to bits before we even got near him, but it was just utter epicness. So I think it counts as a great moment.:cool:

Third greatest moment would have to have been the first time my fully controlled AI rainbow six team executed a perfect operation from start to finish with no casualties while I just spectated through observer mode and gave the command codes only - Alpha Go, Bravo Go - Charlie, ROEs, etc. It felt utterly amazing.
    When I had done all missions in Ravenshield this way I felt absolutely ecstatic.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Getting a gold medal on the Dirt Motocross in Tombi! That thing is only 25 seconds long, but it's difficult.

Advertisement