Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sponsorship in Australia...

Options
  • 01-02-2011 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey was just wondering could anyone give me some information on my situation,My brother who is on a skilled migration visa out there for the last 2 and half years, he has recently started up his own building company. I was just wondering could he sponser me im 23 iv already used my whv a few yrs ago,im a plasterer but dont have my papers...what would him or me av 2do to get the visa...any info is really appreciated thanks....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,354 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

He could potentially sponsor you, if his company qualifies.
    Has he got any other employees?
    If you are an employer with a business that operates in Australia, you must meet benchmarks relating to the training of Australian citizens and permanent residents.

click here for details

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

lilyman wrote: »
    ,im a plasterer but dont have my papers...what would him or me av 2do to get the visa...any info is really appreciated thanks....

That could be a problem. When getting sponsored. You need to prove a few things to Immigration.

1. That the job exists, i.e. that your brother has the work to employ you.
    2. That your brother cant employ an australian to do the job (see Mellor's post)
    3. That you are qualified and able to do the job.

I dont know how they will view the fact that its your brother thats sponsoring you. They might see it as favourtism, therefore scutinise your application further.

All the information needed to do the application is on www.immi.gov.au

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

I read on another forum of a very similar situation, I think the advice given was if the sponsoring company (brother) had been in business for a while and had something like 15 PR/Citizen employees then it was viewed as legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,354 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

You don't need to have that many employee afaik, unless the borther situation increases it, which would be a bit strange.

My current company has 10 employees. They've always been roughly that size.
    I know that that previously had two sponsored employees at the same time. So 8 PR/citizens and 2 people on 457

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

The amount of employee's doesnt matter. There's 3 staff in my office, 1 of whom is me, and im being sponsored.
    Its proving that an australian who can do the job cant be found. My Boss had to submit CV's that were sent in, cut outs of the adds in the paper to prove that she tried to get an australian but couldnt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Suppose it depends on what the business is, really there is supposed to be evidence that the job was advertised and that no one else who applied was suitable.

If it was a simple as just sponsoring your family as workers then there would be a lot of Indians employing their whole village in sham business.

Advertisement