Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BBM (BlackBerry Messenger) like app for Android?

• 01-02-2011 6:25pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A lot of people I know have Blackberry’s – and (mainly in the UK, not so much in Ireland) they all use and LOVE BlackBerry Messenger (BBM). It’s like sending text messages, but its better as its more like IM. I’ve seen it and its brilliant. Its like even more informatl method of communication than texting.

Really there should be something like this for Android & Iphone. I think there are a few different apps but its not going to work unless everyone is on the same one. Does anyone know if this will happen eventually?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Have this problem myself, lot of friends in UK are on BB's and i'm on Droid, only way to chat to them is to get them to download an App called PingChat. Works a treat too.

There is something like it for Droid users, it's called Gtalk ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Whatsapp

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I found one today called Beluga - seems pretty good.

I'm wondering if there is one that seamlessly integrates actual texting, and this free data type messaging. Cause its annoying having to go into different apps to send texts to different people...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

seanybiker wrote: »
    Whatsapp

Just installed this, its brilliant!
    Automatically knows who else in your contacts use it etc. very simple and effective, thanks.

Everyone should be using this! If everyone had this and Viber, we would all have really cheap phone bills! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Zascar wrote: »
    Automatically knows who else in your contacts use it etc. very simple and effective, thanks.

Everyone should be using this! If everyone had this and Viber, we would all have really cheap phone bills! :D

Is Whatsapp better than Google Talk?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Is Whatsapp better than Google Talk?
    Sure is.
    Zascar wrote: »

only about 3 of my contacts have it. The bastids. There is a pint smilie that I could be sending to everyone.

Wow, 35 of my friends have it. Usually I'm the techy geek that knows about this stuff before everyone else but I'm amazed how so many people are already on board. As soon as Viber is on Android it will be great. It's already on iPhone soon to be on BB too, and Whatsapp is cross platorm already. This is really starting to take off. Won;t be too long before most people will be using it all the time. The Carriers must be sh1tting themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 J.P.M.

Just use MSN? Pretty sure they have an app for plenty of diff' types of phones. You can then message someone from your phone while they are on their laptop.

I started using WhatsApp as SeanyBiker suggested and I have to say I absolutely LOVE it. The best app I've ever got, so impressed with it. Well, until Viber comes out on Android with messages too - next month apparently!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

+1 on Whatsapp
    Its on Berry, Android, Symbian and iPhone
    Instant messaging to all your mates cross platform

• Advertisement
Advertisement