Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spanish language music

• 01-02-2011 6:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭

Looking for recommendations for Spanish language music. Some artists worth listening too. I have found a few through using allcharts.org but looking for more recommendations. Have tried youtube but am having limited search result, especially when it comes to finding english lyrics. Loads of times when I find English language songs,
    they have spanish subtitles. What am I doing wrong can some one recommend some search terms. What I am using is not yielding any results.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭NecroSteve

Ruidosa Inmundicia, Leader****, Antimaster, Infame... All harsh noisy brutal stuff, but I love it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Manu Chao.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

I love Allison but depends on your taste in music. They're a pop-punk band from Mexico, but their Spanish vocals are really clear if you're a language learner :)

myspace.com/allison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Ska-P are a really good Spanish ska band. They have loads of stuff up on Youtube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Mana, they are a mexican band. Someone once described them to me as a latin U2. Not so sure about that but they did do a lovely unplugged concert, I'm sure it was for MTV. Find 'el muelle de San Blas', by Mana. I gonna look for it now on youtube. I love this song. You can also google lyrics to help understand any songs that you find or like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Yeah, found it. Go to the acoustic / unplugged version. Sorry for not embedding it here. I really need to figure it out
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eonBORaELt8 /YOUTUBE] Right, either that worked or there is a pile of gobbledygook on the screen. Well, you find it yourself anyway." frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

I love Allison but depends on your taste in music. They're a pop-punk band from Mexico, but their Spanish vocals are really clear if you're a language learner :)

myspace.com/allison

Thank you kindly! I was looking for some Spanish music to help my vocab and understanding and now I have a new band to rock out to!!

Muchos gracias amigo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭dohouch

It's not music, but poetry and in the steeliest Castillian I know. Listen here -- http://www.rafaeltaibo.com/fichas/machado.html - and this one first -- Poemas del «Caminante» Música: Fantasía en Do «Wanderer», de F. Schubert -- OR http://www.rafaeltaibo.com/caminante.mp3. Very well know Spanish Poem and lyrics easy to find.

🧐God wants us all to enjoy many,many ice-creams , IMHO🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭ocli64

Juanes was probably the first spanish artist that i listened to. He's done duets with Nelly Furtado and a remix with Black Eyed Peas so he's good for getting into Spanish language music. Check out Julieta Venegas also. It depends on what kind of music you like in English really cause you'll be able to find something to suit that taste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

Salsa - Marc Anthony (beautiful voice, beautiful lyrics, v. clear); Hector Lavoe (classic Nuyorican sound, slower songs are v. easy to pick up the lyrics to; google "Periodico de Ayer" "El Dia de mi Suerte", or "El Cantante")

Merengue/Bachata - Elvis Crespo and Aventura are pretty ubiquitous

Rock en Espanol - Juanes (v. clear beautiful Colombian Spanish), Julieta Venega,

Son (Cuban) - Omara Portuondo (very easy to understand), Ibrahim Ferrer, any of the Buena Vista Social Club folks really (Cuban Spanish is a bit tricky)

Flamenco - El Lebrijano, El Camaron, Enrique Moronte

And if you are really ready to keep up, the incomparable Celia Cruz is always a favorite. "La vida es un carnival" is probably one of the most famous salsa songs ever. It's also on the Amores Perros soundtrack, which is a good mix of old school and contemporary Spanish-language music.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

on this topic.. does anyone know the name of this song and who's singing it? or would be able to give me any hints to find out?

the other songs on that soundtrack are all spanish language, and are all amazing. the artists are mamborama and 'alex torres and his latin orchestra".

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭S Connor

I love Daddy Yankee he sings in Spanish but on youtube lots of his songs have English translations.

Advertisement