Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

redeployment and new jobs

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Art Teacher

You need to read the other forum - post primary redeployment. It looks like leinster school will not be affected.There is no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭mrskinner

In a school near me the Principal's son icon12.gif has been taken on . I thought that any new position was controlled by the redeployment board?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

mrskinner wrote: »
    In a school near me the Principal's son icon12.gif has been taken on . I thought that any new position was controlled by the redeployment board?

No. Schools had to let the redeployment board know if they had any vacancies at the end of the school year. The board then had to see if they had any suitable teachers that could fill those positions that were to be redeployed. Once all options were exhausted then a school was free to advertise the position to the general public....

The vice-principals son icon12.gif is employed also for supervision

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭fatalll

Yes I teach in Further Ed. centre, and the redeployment is 79km from one of my work places 69km from another and 130km from my home, I face an increased fuel bill of aprox 800 per month!

do the maths....its obviously cheaper to stay in the place where your work is, if you aree married with kids and settled you might be better of in digs or something for 2-3 nights a week!!

sorry about your situation though

And the remainder of their families help out also in field-trips SNAs etc. Sheer dedication.rolleyes.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

mrskinner wrote: »
    And the remainder of their families help out also in field-trips SNAs etc. Sheer dedication.rolleyes.gif

Well, not all schools operate in that manner. What's the point in drip feeding us this information in several different posts?

Advertisement