Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

exceeded usage with utv

• 01-02-2011 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

hi
    i am in dublin with phone and broadband from utv,i am allowed 12gb of download without additional charge with the option to click for unlimited usage at an additional cost of 5.99 euro for that month.
    at the beginning of last month my usuage page showed i was on the unlimited download option,i tried to remove it without success so decided to keep it and do some extra downloading, right to the end of the month the page continued to show me on unlimited,i then got a bill for additional 64 euro extra download charges,they said i went off the unlimited.
    it is also normal practice to receive a warning email when approaching my dowload limit and a further mail when exceedeing it, in this case i received neither mail yet they refuse to correct the charge,is there anywhere in the republic i could put this to arbitration,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭billyboy01

Comreg.ie

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

billyboy01 wrote: »
    Comreg.ie

Ignore this, (for now)

You need to interact and follow UTV's complaints procedure before Comreg will get involved, Comreg also do not arbitration as such. This isn't like the UK we don't have CISAS or Otelo like they have in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭frank9901

thanks for the advice, utv have informed me by email that the charge stands.
    i will try to contact them by phone tomorrow before deciding on my next move
    once again thanks for your help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Simon201

I'm sure you have some kind of case cos when I was with UTV any change that you made in a particular month only takes effect in the next month. So surely if you have been paying for the unlimited feature for January and previous months you would've had to have made the change during December for January to not be on the unlimited.
    And yes they always did use to send the download warning emails before I went unlimited.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭frank9901

its rather confusing simon,when you go to the usage page it says if you go unlimited it will begin at the first day of the following month,yet in reality it backdates to the first day of the current month but they just ignore any queries on that

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Did you pay the 5.99 in any of the months in question?

Do UTV have a procedure for notifying customers of going over the cap?

Advertisement