Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drunk Merry or Drunk Mental

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Fights breaking out on yokes? I'll have to ask what the **** you're on.

At the start of my clubbing career I was into trance and nothing but, and was out at gigs several time a month. In Ireland, trance does not attract the nicest of punters by any means, yet despite having this motley collection of ASBO enthusiasts and newly release Montjoy ex-cons wedged together in a dark room, with a heavy bass to get the adrenal glands working, there was a miraculously low level of trouble most nights. Why? Because everyone was off their banger and loved-up on pills. When MDMA availability declined and everyone was drunk or on horrible pips, there was a noticeable negative shift in mood on the average night and skirmishes became somewhat more commonplace.

It was a true testament to the power of MDMA. It is, without a doubt, the most effective form of riot control in existence.

yeah well man it was a bit of hindsight by myself throwin yokes into that sentence (not that i've ever taken one myself of course :rolleyes: ) it's booze an coke gets the old engines revved up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Copper23

Where is this scene? Last time i was in town i was bored outta me box.
    Could do with a good old riot. Where you drinking?:confused:

I used to know where the scene was. Then they changed where it was and I wasn't there anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭finnegan2010

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    I'm 35 now and couldn't be arsed going in to the city at all. Way too much hassle (effort) and too expensive. I live out by Marlay Park, about 12k from O' Connell Bridge, Dublin so there's always taxi's involved too. Can walk to the local, meet up with friends, guaranteed good seats, good and reasonably priced drink, good music at the weekend and a good laugh. Would struggle to spend €100 between myself and the OH on a good night out.

Was in the city last Saturday for a party and spent €350 between us! :eek: Would have had a better night in the local too. Only time I hit town is for a particular occasion - certainly not just for a random night out. Also, more on topic, I'm always very aware of my immediate surroundings and naturally feel a lot more comfortable in the local than in town.

:confused:350 between 2 people on a night out to town, ease off on that Bolanger mate, Harps your only man :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

:confused:350 between 2 people on a night out to town, ease off on that Bolanger mate, Harps your only man :P.

I wont be doing it again for a while I can tell ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Fights breaking out on yokes? I'll have to ask what the **** you're on.

At the start of my clubbing career I was into trance and nothing but, and was out at gigs several time a month. In Ireland, trance does not attract the nicest of punters by any means, yet despite having this motley collection of ASBO enthusiasts and newly release Montjoy ex-cons wedged together in a dark room, with a heavy bass to get the adrenal glands working, there was a miraculously low level of trouble most nights. Why? Because everyone was off their banger and loved-up on pills. When MDMA availability declined and everyone was drunk or on horrible pips, there was a noticeable negative shift in mood on the average night and skirmishes became somewhat more commonplace.

It was a true testament to the power of MDMA. It is, without a doubt, the most effective form of riot control in existence.

Most clubbers usually are in a trance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

It's called getting old, this crazy sh1t always went on, but when you're younger you don't care or don't fully grasp the consequences, at least i didn't! But now that im in my mid 30's i'm a windy f'ucker, and make no apology for being so!
    I actually hope i go the entire rest of my life without any confrontation or aggresion from anybody.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

The youth of today are <insert phrase here> than when I was young.

Round and round the merry-go-round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

manual_man wrote: »
    Right, this is the deal. I'm 30, been around the block in terms of the Dublin scene (lived here most me life apart from a couple of brief stints abroad). Now the thing is, maybe it's me age, but i've noticed people gettin progressively more mental as the years go by (weekends and city centre in particular). It's gotten to the stage where i'm not much arsed goin to town on a night out, where i used to love the buzz. just feel like some crazy dangerous sh** is gonna break out at any moment, and to be honest just amn't arsed with that sh**. Is it just me or do other folk see the same? It seems to me that city nightlife has gone (for the most part) from Drunk Merry to Drunk Mental (hence the title i came up with). Madness i tell ye!

Now another thing i haven't touched on is drugs. Maybe that's somethin to do with it, by all accounts i get the impression there's alot more sh** flyin about than before, maybe alot of it's to do with people whacked off their noggins on whatever yokes or powders they can get their hands on and then hence the crazy sh** breaks out

Dunno!

Anyway!, Curious as always to see what other folk think!

it's called growing up and getting sense. happens to everyone. YOU ARE the person you looked at ten years ago and thanked the gods you were nothing like. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

manual_man wrote: »
    I'm man enough billy. so's my cousin. sadly for him he got knifed christmas week by some weasel c**t who decided he wanted to start a fight. go figure

point is you can be Brock f***in Lesner and it doesn't matter a toss if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time

course sh** like this doesn't happen all the time, but simply pointin out that it seems to be happenin more often nowadays, if that's alright with yourself?

Well thats a different story OP, if you had said that at the start, it would have given more validation to your paranoia(sp?). I think that incident probably has you more spooked, which is understandable, I think we would all be the same.

Sorry to hear about your cousin, that sucks the big one when shít like that happens. But I think stuff like that could just as easily happen during the day in Dublin/anywhere with somebody strung out on drugs trying to mug your cousin, as much as it could happen at night time when people are drunk.

It could happen anywhere for any reason. Check out how knife crime is a huge issue in the UK for the last couple of years, becuase kids are going around stabbing each other over nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Quentinkrisp

Jezz louise i'm only 25 and i'm already sick to the fuckin teeth of town: seen some nasty ****e, had to step in once or twice (scary:eek:) and been ripped off once too many!

OP, what you're on about has been going on in town for years, just a case of angry, stressed out people who either have (a)no cop on or (b)can't hold their drink!

• Advertisement
Advertisement