Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wind turbine transport schedule through Newcastle West?

• 01-02-2011 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭

In the past couple of weeks there have been conveys transporting what looks to be wind turbines through Newcastle West around 10pm. I was wondering is there a site on the internet I could see their transport schedule as they don’t appear to travel every night? I was telling my father about it and he would love to see them. Also recommend a good place to park up and watch in comfort, I was thing the parking area up in Barnagh.

Comments

Your best bet would be to ring the person who owns the wind farm and ask what time they're being delivered. When the wind turbines were being built down near me in Shanagolden, the parts could arive anytime day or night.

There isn't that many wind turbine sites in west limerick at the moment, it shouldnt be too hard to find out where the parts are going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭LK_Dave

They appear to be passing through NCW at 10pm...happened this week on Mon, Tue, Wed and Thur so far.

Advertisement