Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overdraft Fee's issue

Options
  • 01-02-2011 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi Guys,

First time to post here, and wondering has anyone come across the same issue. My bank have charged me a number of times of 'unauthorised overdraft fees'. Let me explain as I see it. I use my Laser Card in the Supermarket, Clothes Shops, Pay Bills online, etc. The money comes off my balance straight away, and the bank holds the funds until the other party claims the money with their authorisation code, then the money is transferred over to them. I have made sure that when all the transactions are taking place there is physically funds there for them to take. I then use whatever money is left in my account to withdraw cash, etc.

From what I can see since I started using online banking is that my bank are registering these transactions 3/4/5 days later and saying i'm going into an unauthorised overdraft and changing me E10 each time.

I have phoned their customer service and even though each person seems to agree with me when I explain it to them, I keep getting fobbed off, and claim they are looking into it but it may take up to 10 days.

I'd appreciate any advice from anyone who has had a similar issue to this before and if this is legal or not ?

Many Thanks,
    TA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Hi Guys,

First time to post here, and wondering has anyone come across the same issue. My bank have charged me a number of times of 'unauthorised overdraft fees'. Let me explain as I see it. I use my Laser Card in the Supermarket, Clothes Shops, Pay Bills online, etc. The money comes off my balance straight away, and the bank holds the funds until the other party claims the money with their authorisation code, then the money is transferred over to them. I have made sure that when all the transactions are taking place there is physically funds there for them to take. I then use whatever money is left in my account to withdraw cash, etc.

From what I can see since I started using online banking is that my bank are registering these transactions 3/4/5 days later and saying i'm going into an unauthorised overdraft and changing me E10 each time.

I have phoned their customer service and even though each person seems to agree with me when I explain it to them, I keep getting fobbed off, and claim they are looking into it but it may take up to 10 days.

I'd appreciate any advice from anyone who has had a similar issue to this before and if this is legal or not ?

Many Thanks,
    TA.

did you go overdrawn at any point in the period involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 trentysarmy

chris85 wrote: »
    did you go overdrawn at any point in the period involved?

Hi Chris,

When all of the payments were made there was funds in the account. When the payments showed up on my internet banking 3/4/5 days later, it was overdrawn due to a direct debit going through. Would this have an effect on the previous payments even though they money for those transactions was in the account and was taken off my balance at the point of the transaction ?

Thanks,
    TA.

Advertisement