Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3v In Waterford

• 01-02-2011 7:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭

Can anyone please confirm a few places close to the quay that can top-up my 3v card. I looked on their site but have been told alot of shops dont support it anymore.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

The shop across from the forum does it. Can't think of the name of the place. It's on the corner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭jakedixon2004

The greenshop oposite next door?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Visa Debit card is your only man:D

3v

Amber Service Station Browns Rd Lisduggan Waterford Waterford Centra Upper Grange Road
    Waterford Waterford Centra 42 The Quay
    Waterford Waterford Hayes 18a St Johns Park
    Waterford Waterford Mace Maxol Park Road
    Waterford Waterford Smak 12 Ballybricken
    Waterford Waterford Spar Yellow Road
    Waterford Waterford Spar Cork Road, Manor Village
    Waterford Waterford Spar Lismore Park
    Waterford Waterford The Kiosk The Quay

danjo-xx wrote: »

3v

Amber Service Station Browns Rd Lisduggan Waterford Waterford Centra Upper Grange Road
    Waterford Waterford

I am with BOI so I don't have the opportunity to avail of this excellent and well over due card. Thanks for the list but some of those apparently do not support 3v anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Yeah OP, if your with permanent TSB they're changing over to debit cards at the moment. I got mine. Handiest thing ever.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement

I am with BOI so I don't have the opportunity to avail of this excellent and well over due card. Thanks for the list but some of those apparently do not support 3v anymore.

I used to get them in that green shop opposite forum, day to day I think its called but haven't got one for a long time now. Like the Laser card I guess the 3v thing has out lived its usefullness as there are a few better alternatives around.

I believe BOI are changing to Visa Debit but when is another story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

danjo-xx wrote: »

3v

These two definately do. Looked into the visa debit myself only last week as im with BOI myself. They are bringing it in this year but more than likely be 3rd quarter. 3v is handy but is very expensive to if you buy a lot online

Thanks for all the info guys. I really hope BOI bring in the visa debit soon as this messing around with 3v is a joke in the modern world. I wont even begin to rant about laser cards....

dazftw wrote: »
    Yeah OP, if your with permanent TSB they're changing over to debit cards at the moment. I got mine. Handiest thing ever.
    Nice one. And me just after ordering another replacement 3v card today.
    Do ya have to call into bank and ask for the debit card or are they sending them to everyone ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

seanybiker wrote: »
    Nice one. And me just after ordering another replacement 3v card today.
    Do ya have to call into bank and ask for the debit card or are they sending them to everyone ?

Where have you been boy!,i got mine back in September,they are sending them out to everyone,but just ring open24 and tell them you want it early!

• Advertisement

Where have you been boy!,i got mine back in September,they are sending them out to everyone,but just ring open24 and tell them you want it early!

September. Jaysus why didn't I get mine. Actually hold up I got a new card a few months back with one of the chips on it. I better not of having one all along and not know

September. Jaysus why didn't I get mine. Actually hold up I got a new card a few months back with one of the chips on it. I better not of having one all along and not know

Yeah thats the one with the chip thing in it,very handy i had one of the 3v cards and the payzone ones and they are crap.

Yeah thats the one with the chip thing in it,very handy i had one of the 3v cards and the payzone ones and they are crap.
    thought I only got it a few months ago. Turns out it was last may. No signs on it saying debit or anything. Just Cirrus on the back of it. Boo I wanted to go mad on fleabay

Heres 2 quotes from there site
    When will I receive my Visa Debit Card?
    We will begin issuing Visa Debit Cards to our existing customers from mid August 2010 onwards and will be completed by the end of the year.

We will begin replacing existing Laser cards first. For security reasons, these will be sent out randomly so we cannot confirm the date that you will receive your new Visa Debit Card.

We will then begin replacing ATM cards thereafter. Again, we will be sending these cards out randomly for security reasons.
    I’m going away on holidays – can I get my new Visa Debit Card before I go away?
    Yes, from mid August onwards you can contact your local Branch to request that your existing card be replaced with a Visa Debit Card.
    https://www.permanenttsb.ie/aboutus/needhelp/productsupport/visa-debit-card-faqs/

It says to contact your branch,and i did that but they said i had to call in and fill out a form,so i just rang open24 and they sent it out a week later.

Heres 2 quotes from there site

https://www.permanenttsb.ie/aboutus/needhelp/productsupport/visa-debit-card-faqs/

It says to contact your branch,and i did that but they said i had to call in and fill out a form,so i just rang open24 and they sent it out a week later.

nice one bud Ill give them a buzz tomorrow. needs more plugs for the ould ears and online is way cheaper so debit card be handy. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

I nearly threw mine out thinking they sent me a credit card which I've never asked them for. Luckily I just put it to the side and took it out now to see it's the Visa debit card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

have been using the worldwidemoney payzone mastercard of late and am going to check out the other options mentioned here,,,i find with the mastercard they use a different exchange rate to the rate ebay uses and any other online site and its starting to charge more and more extra on everything you buy,,rip off is not the word for it ,only thing handy about it is ya dont have to be updateing your details to paypal as frequent as you would when your using the 3v

have been using the worldwidemoney payzone mastercard of late and am going to check out the other options mentioned here,,,i find with the mastercard they use a different exchange rate to the rate ebay uses and any other online site and its starting to charge more and more extra on everything you buy,,rip off is not the word for it ,only thing handy about it is ya dont have to be updateing your details to paypal as frequent as you would when your using the 3v

yeah all that updating paypal was annoying. I know it only took a minute but i have other things to be doing in me minutes. like scratching me arse etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

id scratch ur arse too if i knew i wud scratch a profit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Go in and say it to them in the bank. I was told id have it in september. I went in last month and they say no card was ever ordered for me. Had it within a week then.

Cancelled the credit card then no more interet :p

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement

dazftw wrote: »
    Go in and say it to them in the bank. I was told id have it in september. I went in last month and they say no card was ever ordered for me. Had it within a week then.

Cancelled the credit card then no more interet :p

just rang ope24 and was talking to heather (she sounds hot ) and ordered a new card. She put down the card i have now as lost or stolen so I could get the new one. woo

thought I only got it a few months ago. Turns out it was last may. No signs on it saying debit or anything. Just Cirrus on the back of it. Boo I wanted to go mad on fleabay

that doesn't sound like a Visa Debit card, this is what it looks like from PTSB,

Image-of-Visa-permanent-tsb-debit-card-front.jpg

just rang ope24 and was talking to heather (she sounds hot ) and ordered a new card. She put down the card i have now as lost or stolen so I could get the new one. woo

When i rang open24 last month i was also talking to a girl who sounded sexy as...and she had a cold so she sounded even sexier,i never caught her name though,but i did say to her that a hot toddy will do ye the world of good...if i had the balls i would of said something better..maybe even ask her out :),ah sure you win some and you lose some!

When i rang open24 last month i was also talking to a girl who sounded sexy as...and she had a cold so she sounded even sexier,i never caught her name though,but i did say to her that a hot toddy will do ye the world of good...if i had the balls i would of said something better..maybe even ask her out :),ah sure you win some and you lose some!
    I think heather liked me. She asked me for my contact details

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

Spar in Lower Yellow Road beside what used to be Brennan's chipper definitely do 3V, only just topped mine up. Never knew anything about new cards being issued. Do they differ topping up and expiration wise. The two month expiry date is a pain.

Spar in Lower Yellow Road beside what used to be Brennan's chipper definitely do 3V, only just topped mine up. Never knew anything about new cards being issued. Do they differ topping up and expiration wise. The two month expiry date is a pain. Wait are these new ones linked to bank account? if they are that doesn't suit me. I'd spend way too much that way. It's the reason I like 3V as you only spend what you've physically handed over in the shop.

Spar in Lower Yellow Road beside what used to be Brennan's chipper definitely do 3V, only just topped mine up. Never knew anything about new cards being issued. Do they differ topping up and expiration wise. The two month expiry date is a pain. Wait are these new ones linked to bank account? if they are that doesn't suit me. I'd spend way too much that way. It's the reason I like 3V as you only spend what you've physically handed over in the shop.
    Yup. Debit card. I'm gonna be spending money that I need for beer now. Ah well can't wait

NOOOO!! Does this mean 3V is on the way out then? Doesn't say so on it's website.

NOOOO!! Does this mean 3V is on the way out then? Doesn't say so on it's website.

Why would ne1 want 3v or laser when we can have

Image-of-Visa-permanent-tsb-debit-card-front.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Anywhere you see displaying the mad pink payzone sign does them :)

Advertisement