Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Counterpicking and other IoL discussion stuff.

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

To be fair, while I have no problem with counter picking, I can see what the lads were saying- 9 times out of ten when I am counter picked against, it proves to be a bad choice for the counter picker, and they're doing it because their main can't hack it as opposed to thinking they have me figured out and go for the on paper bad guile matches.

But bad matches in general don't become bad matches until a certain skill level is reached.

That said, I am working on a couple of other characters myself in preparation of AE cos there's no way I am doing the Dhalsim or Akuma fight without my meter :D but they're not coming out in serious competition until I am comfortable with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Ian McTetly

In Super there aren't that many properly bad matchups anyway, most of the time you'll find if you counter pick that your opponent knows the matchup better than you know the character. Besides that's the beauty of a best of 3 set, as Kiki said you leave yourself open to a counter pick by counter picking in the first place.
    In a FT10 though it would probably work better with character lock, or perhaps a limited amount of character changes across the whole tournament like they did at Team Nagoya Street Battle x Beat by Contest in Japan recently.

Advertisement