Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On your bike............

Options
  • 01-02-2011 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Nokia_Bicycle_Charger_Kit_gallery4_604x604.pngNokia_Bicycle_Charger_Kit_gallery2_604x604.png

Nokia uk link - £25

Quick facts

* An efficient electricity supply - at only 12 km/h it charges as efficiently as common Nokia mains chargers
    * Easy to install
    * Durable dirt and weather resistant design for reliable performance all year round
    * Attaches your Nokia phone securely to your bicycle
    * Wallet and eco-friendly - lower your carbon footprint and your electricity bills

An efficient source of energy

The Nokia Bicycle Charger Kit starts charging at walking speed (6 km/h) and stops when your speed reaches 50 km/h. The total charging time varies depending on the phone and the cycling speed. For example, with just 20 minutes of cycling at 10 km/h you can power up a Nokia 1202 for 1 hour of talk time or 74 hours of standby time. The Nokia Bicycle Charger Kit is compatible with all Nokia phones that have a 2 mm charging interface.
    Easy to install

The Nokia Bicycle Charger Kit is easy to install and suits many different types of bicycles. The kit consists of three components: a bottle dynamo, a charger and a phone holder. The bottle dynamo fits to the front of the bike with a mounting bracket. The charger and phone holder attach securely to the handle bars. The charger, phone holder and phone can be removed easily whenever you park your bike.
    Handy and secure

The rubberised phone holder mounts your phone securely to your bike and protects it from the vibrations of bumpy roads. You can mount it right in front of you on the handlebars so that you can see the charging progress and listen to music on your phone's speakers as you cycle.
    Durable and reliable

The charger is carefully designed to withstand dirt, humidity, and weather, with an ultrasonically welded case and clear coating on the electronics. The dynamo is also very robust. The phone holder comes with a transparent bag to protect your phone from dirt and humidity.
    Wallet-friendly and eco-friendly

Save money and save the environment by generating your own power as you cycle. The Nokia Bicycle Charger Kit pays itself back quickly through savings on charging costs. And because you generate the electricity, there is no additional environmental impact from charging.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭flipall

Weather proof...... Irish Weather???? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,227 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Looks like one of those daft gadgets you'd expect from China, come on Nokia stop flappin about and hurry up with the android.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭AnonymousPrime

come on Nokia stop flappin about and hurry up with the android.

Not going to happen any time soon, they have invested too much in Ovi

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

There having an Investor meeting in london around the 25th of Feb, I'd expect to hear something then. I've a terrible feeling there going to back windows mobile. If they do it'll be the end of Nokia. They quality of handsets it so bad at the moment I think there going to wiped out in the next few years anyway.
    Hello Moto:pac:

• Advertisement

I think it's terrible, there just built to break these days. Sony aren't far behind them either. I'd nearly say Samsung is one of the most reliable handset makers at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I was very disappointed with the build quality of my 5800 and from playing with a friends N97 it didn't look all that better either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Looks like one of those daft gadgets you'd expect from China, come on Nokia stop flappin about and hurry up with the android.

This is far from a daft gadget, you have to remember this is targeting the developing world, where the users may not even have electricity in their homes.

Gizmodo has an excellent article* on Nokia and their business in emerging markets.

http://gizmodo.com/5634258/the-most-popular-phone-in-the-world

*one of the few readable things they've put out of late.

• Advertisement

This is far from a daft gadget.

between the phone, bicycle and charging kit your probably not far off 6mts wages in some developing countries. Not to mention the fact your probably going to get burgled if you have all three.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

between the phone, bicycle and charging kit your probably not far off 6mts wages in some developing countries. Not to mention the fact your probably going to get burgled if you have all three.

This falls under the category of truthiness for me.....

Truthiness is a "truth" that a person claims to know intuitively "from the gut" without regard to evidence, logic, intellectual examination, or facts.

edit. Reading that again, I can't shake how much it sounds like something Karl Pilkington would say.

Advertisement