Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porting To A New Network

Options
  • 01-02-2011 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

I moved to Vodafone PAYG about two weeks ago and got a new SIM and number. However the coverage is absolutely rubbish at work. I now want to switch back to Meteor but don't want the hassle of having to text people in my phonebook again saying I've changed my number for the second time in the space of a week.

Does anyone know how long you have to be with a network before they will allow the number to be ported to another network?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Once your prepay you can move your number as often as you like, your not tied to them by contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

As you are PAYG you can port anytime. I hope you have better luck than I had porting. I ported from O2 to Meteor last February. What a nightmare:mad:It took 3 weeks in total to do what should have happened in 3 hrs max. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭stephen812

Thanks for the quick responses

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You dont need to change your number when moving networks.

Did you want to get rid of your original number when you moved to vodafone?

You can port to any network you like now, and keep your same number, including the prefix (083,085,086 etc)

You can abandon your new vodafone number and go back to your old one that you had with meteor. If you dont still have the sim go into any meteor store and request a free replacement sim.

Or you can now keep your vodafone number got you just got, go into any meteor store. Ask to be ported to meteor, and they will transfer your 087VF number over to them in a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭stephen812

Davy wrote: »
    You can abandon your new vodafone number and go back to your old one that you had with meteor. If you dont still have the sim go into any meteor store and request a free replacement sim.

Or you can now keep your vodafone number got you just got, go into any meteor store. Ask to be ported to meteor, and they will transfer your 087VF number over to them in a few hours.

Thanks Davy. I think I'm going to keep the Vodafone number as it will save the hassle of having to text my contact list to tell them I've gone back to my old Meteor number.

Its a wonder more people don't just get a SIM card from another network when theyre buying a new phone and just port over. You save around €30 with Meteor Bill Pay phones if you port from another network rather than them having to give you a new 085 number.

• Advertisement
Advertisement