Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone in or around Kilmacrennan with Smart Broadband?

Options
  • 01-02-2011 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

I rang Digiweb today to get their bitstream broadband. They checked my number and told me I could get Smart's ADSL2+ product. I presumed the nearest Smart exchange would be Letterkenny which is too far for ADSL2+. Even though I asked them to double check, I think they're mistaken. Smart hardly ventured as far as Kilmacrennan?? Anyone with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

I'm in Letterkenny now, but lived in Kilmacrenann last year-we had Smart out there, albeit on the Letterkenny side. Saying that I know nowt about computers-had smart through a phone line-dunno what kind of difference that makes!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

How far out the Letterkenny road were you?

Smart/Digiweb (one company now) do two broadband types. The high speed 10mb - 24mb packages through their own exchanges or a lower speed Bitstream product they resell from Eircom.

Do you remember what speed you had?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

We were in Keenaghan, about a mile over the crossroads before the millbridge, so not too far out it-Himself is telling me we had 5meg, that we couldnt get the 8, but it was very good considering where we where. He uses if for xboxing, and we had sky player going as well(as we had no bloody tv stations)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

I live in Letterkenny and the best they could offer me was 1mb, this was after them telling me I could get 10mb if I paid €130 to have a phone line installed. The 3 month saga between myself, smart telecom and digiweb tying to get my money refunded was not fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

I live in Letterkenny and the best they could offer me was 1mb, this was after them telling me I could get 10mb if I paid €130 to have a phone line installed. The 3 month saga between myself, smart telecom and digiweb tying to get my money refunded was not fun.
    Thanks. That's the kind of thing I am wondering am I letting myself in for! I'm pretty sure there's not an unbundled exchange in Kilmacrennan, so that means they're placing my number in Letterkenny - that's what their online number checker says too. ADSL stops over 4km and I'm 11Km away.

• Advertisement
Advertisement