Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity event ideas...

Options
  • 01-02-2011 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Organising an event for charity in college this semester, looking for some ideas on what type of event to run...it has to based on the college grounds and can not involve alcohol.
    Does anyone have any suggestions for events which would attract students...proving very difficult with the no alcohol policy, we have a few ideas but nothing that were excited on yet.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

What's the charity?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sauvignon

have you got a budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭rocky raccoon

Just wondering what type of event you ended up putting on? I am looking for ideas for some events we would like to put on in a community social space. Hoping to put on different events for various age groups. Alcohol will not be available but people may bring their own to certain events. Any help appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 fordey101

I'm doing something very similar at the moment, my group in college did Blind Date, went really well, raised €1200 for charity :) Can give you all the other events that were done if you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭chprt

xlou89x

White collar boxing event, its certainly the way to go these days, get fit, try somethign new, its a great way to raise money, and the final night and fight night is always great craic, and you'd raise about 6k from it..

I have ran quite a few of them and am running 2 at the moment fro charities

Get in touch if you need any info for the costs etc and I can give you some figures and advice

thanks paddy

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement