Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bins (refuse and recycling collections)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭dudmis

I've just been onto greenstar re: putting glass into the ordinary recycling bin - this is only available if you have a glass recycling bin already, which I don't.

But, I did manage to get set up with glass recycling for the remainder of the year for the reduced rate of e26.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

dudmis wrote: »

But, I did manage to get set up with glass recycling for the remainder of the year for the reduced rate of e26.

So its still not free!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭dudmis

God no, that'd be asking way too much :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Wonder what's to stop you from putting your glass in the recycle bin if you never had the glass option before?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Wonder what's to stop you from putting your glass in the recycle bin if you never had the glass option before?

Was thinking the same after the phone call.

They will have the lads that collect them, rummaging through before they lift them. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Loopers

I wonder are they just saying that it's only available to people who already have a glass bin so they don't have to re-imburse them their money? They'll never be able to police the green bins so it sounds as if glas recyling is available to everyone now. I think I'll be phoning them to demand a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

We don't have glass recycling but we still got the letter. It said nothing on it about us not being able to put glass in green bin so we will do unless told otherwise and I won't be phoning them to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭twogunkid

This is out of order as noise generated by this truck wakes the neighborhood.( at 6 am Saturday ) also bins left on pavement on Friday night are regularly overturned by late night revelers
    This collection obviously maximizes the return for Greenstar but the customers were not asked in advance if Saturday suits -they were told by letter that this is the new time.
    Is this what one is to expect as the company gets bigger ?
    What happens if they get a monopoly ?
    Wicklow CC seem powerless to modify Greenstars behaviour.

What can be done here ?

Thanks in advance for any ( meaningful ) suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

twogunkid wrote: »
    This is out of order as noise generated by this truck wakes the neighborhood.( at 6 am Saturday ) also bins left on pavement on Friday night are regularly overturned by late night revelers
    This collection obviously maximizes the return for Greenstar but the customers were not asked in advance if Saturday suits -they were told by letter that this is the new time.
    Is this what one is to expect as the company gets bigger ?
    What happens if they get a monopoly ?
    Wicklow CC seem powerless to modify Greenstars behaviour.

What can be done here ?

Thanks in advance for any ( meaningful ) suggestions

I'm not even a Green star customer but the jerks are still waking me up on Saturdays - I agree it's out of order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

We are seriously considering moving supplier because of this 8am pickup schedule, as soon as another supplier is cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭twogunkid

We are seriously considering moving supplier because of this 8am pickup schedule, as soon as another supplier is cheaper.

Well---Eurowaste are happy to collect during the week--and they work a tag system--no annual contract--just buy a tag for €9-00 in the shop and put it on the bin
    They will empty it at a reasonable hour and you will also be taking pressure off those 6am overstretched Greenstar staff They can have a lie in bed late too.
    So killing 2 birds with one stone--Result

Advertisement