Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poncho for changing?

Options
  • 01-02-2011 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hey,

Iv been looking everywhere...where can you get the poncho towel thing people have for changing out of your wetsuit?

Its toasty until i have to get out of my suit!

cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Decos

Theyre called 'Robies' and you can get them here:
    http://store.magicseaweed.com/Robie/Item/1005/

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wopp

Decos wrote: »
    Theyre called 'Robies' and you can get them here:
    http://store.magicseaweed.com/Robie/Item/1005/

Cheers, I was hoping I wouldnt have to order one online. You know of anywhere in ireland? Ill be up in bundoran soon if a surf shop stocks them? Or anywhere in dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

I think they look quite funny! The cold biting winter wind has taught me the art of escaping a wetsuit as quick as Houdini himself.

To each their own, buy local though. :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You should definitley be able to find them in a local surf shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Radiosurfer

They are a godsend and everyone should have one, surfer or not. Get one for surfing and one for getting out of the shower at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Sport101

Surfdock in Grand Canal/Ringsend have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wopp

Sport101 wrote: »
    Surfdock in Grand Canal/Ringsend have them.

Ill give them a go before i head up...otherwise ill try the shops in bundy!
    Cheers for the replys!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

It might sound obvious but try to park your car facing into the wind, that way when you lift the boot you have instant shelter from wind and rain. (Only works in hatchbacks and estates obviously)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭CashMoney

They have them in Bundoran Surf co. Think they're about 30 yoyos...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Japer

The changing robes are very handy. Out of curiosity I googled "c-skins changing robe" and the first 10 or so shops in Britain all had them between £ 26.95 and £ 29.95 sterling ( € 32 to € 36 ) , excluding whatever postage charges if any. Troggs has them listed at just over 30 euro but I picked one up while on a trip to Sligo, from Sunset at 29 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Japer wrote: »
    The changing robes are very handy. Out of curiosity I googled "c-skins changing robe" and the first 10 or so shops in Britain all had them between £ 26.95 and £ 29.95 sterling ( € 32 to € 36 ) , excluding whatever postage charges if any. Troggs has them listed at just over 30 euro but I picked one up while on a trip to Sligo, from Sunset at 29 euro.

They are 40 in the Great outdoors in Dublin, how much is a dressing gown in Dunnes? Maybe 20 at most

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Japer

I thought about the Dunnes option but they look too cheapskate, or at least the ones I saw were. The c-skin one I got is heavier material, has a hood, is a very dark navy blue ( so it does not show the dirt ! ) and the "c-skins wetsuits" name/logo embroidered. Talking about logos I remember a surfing friend with a bathrobe he " borrowed" from a posh hotel, but it was white + flimsier material. There's an idea, stay at a nice hotel for valentines + "borrow" the bathrobe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Japer wrote: »
    I thought about the Dunnes option but they look too cheapskate, or at least the ones I saw were. The c-skin one I got is heavier material, has a hood, is a very dark navy blue ( so it does not show the dirt ! ) and the "c-skins wetsuits" name/logo embroidered. Talking about logos I remember a surfing friend with a bathrobe he " borrowed" from a posh hotel, but it was white + flimsier material. There's an idea, stay at a nice hotel for valentines + "borrow" the bathrobe.

You have it all wrong - take her away to a nice hotel by (Enniscone) the sea, for Valentines, buy her a gift voucher for the seaweed baths = two hours for surf get changed in the hotel. The when you are leaving "Borrow" the bathrobe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

My little sister is going to sew one for me as late X-mass present :D
    Diamond Coast hotel in Enniscrone is nice place to stay, but it is always almost empty. Evening in the bar resembles a scene from Shining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Kitiara

They are a godsend and everyone should have one, surfer or not. Get one for surfing and one for getting out of the shower at home.
    Yup. I have one too. As a woman, they are ALWAYS handy. We have more parts to cover, and I always seem to loose grip on my towel somehow.And wearing a bikini under your rash is just...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

Hi, just resurrecting this thread as I want to buy someone a present of a robie.
    The magicseaweed website seems to be down - any other Irish website that sells these at a reasonable price?

I'm also looking for a moonbag (for standing on when changing) - they have them on amazon, anywhere else I should consider?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23,500 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Robies is just a brand name, there loads of then out there http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/towel-poncho-adult-blue-173366121/

there great for changing in winter..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

buzz55 wrote: »
    I'm also looking for a moonbag (for standing on when changing) - they have them on amazon, anywhere else I should consider?

thanks
    I got a plastic box from woodies DIY about 5 years ago and it's perfect. Curver is the brand and it's pretty much indestructible. You can stand in it for changing and when you get back just fill the box with water to wash the wetsuit. It sounds a bit simplistic but IMHO it's a far better solution to any of the gimmicks I've seen on msw.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

buzz55 wrote: »
    Hi, just resurrecting this thread as I want to buy someone a present of a robie.
    The magicseaweed website seems to be down - any other Irish website that sells these at a reasonable price?

thanks

Troggs have robies. I'm sure if you look around any local surf shop you'll probably find them too though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement