Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying antivirus

• 01-02-2011 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Just looking for bit of help have viruses on my laptop can't open anything on desktop it's just saying detected spyware infection
    I am looking to buy antivirus it's offering me one
    system tool just wondering does it do the business and wil it protect ur computer automatically
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

Don't buy anything. You don't need to. There are tons of free programs that are very effective. However, if you can't open anything, the best thing may be to bring it to a shop?

If you can manage to go online you can Google any of the following, which are free and very effective:

- AVG
    - Avast
    - Microsoft Security Essentials

Good luck!

Edit: By the way, if the program is offering you something to buy, its likely to be part of the Spyware you have so under no circumstances buy anything, or click any of the links it offers you, because that is likely to make things worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Head wrote: »
    Don't buy anything. You don't need to. There are tons of free programs that are very effective. However, if you can't open anything, the best thing may be to bring it to a shop?

If you can manage to go online you can Google any of the following, which are free and very effective:

- AVG
    - Avast
    - Microsoft Security Essentials

Good luck!

Edit: By the way, if the program is offering you something to buy, its likely to be part of the Spyware you have so under no circumstances buy anything, or click any of the links it offers you, because that is likely to make things worse.

Noscript. Don't use internet explorer. Don't download random executables. At least minimally Consider Linux.

Advertisement