Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Pet Scam is this? Its time to Investigate

• 01-02-2011 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

So me and the better half are looking for a doggie and she saw an add on gumtree she sent a quick email and this Obvious fraud type email came back.
    The dog owners wife was tragically killed in a car accident........

Hi There!

She is still available and ready to go for a new home. My puppy is potty trained , home raised k.c registered , vet checked and will come with all papers needed. In placing this puppy out for adoption, I am looking for reasonable,knowledgeable and cautious person who can offer her tenderness,nursery with lots of love kisses and hugs.I am not out to look for money by selling my baby all i need is just a caring and loving forever home for my baby where she will be well loved and spoiled to rotten ..... .This adorable,cute and gorgeous puppy is 12 weeks 4days old and will be the perfect match for you.She will be the best playmate you've ever dream's of.With her great personality & good temperaments with kids and other pets,she will be the one to steal your heart.She will be coming along with her vet records,and all her KC registration papers attached to her package with lots of play toys.You have nothing to worry about because i will also enclose her hand book & feeding menu to her package. Promise me that you will shower her with lots of TLC ..And i will never like my baby to end up in a shelter or rescue,feel free to mail me if you are willing to get her. I will like to ask you some few questions if you do not mind.

1:Where are you located(Mr/Mrs)?
    3:Do you have kids.if yes are they going to take good care of the Puppy?
    5:Are you a breeder?
    6:Do you have experience in breeding Puppies?
    7:How soon do you need her?

Sorry for asking so much questions but i am just trying to look a good and loving home for my baby. My reason giving this puppy for adoption is due to the fact that i lost my Wife in a motor accident 3 weeks ago, so i don't have enough time taking good care of this lovely Puppy, i have also moved into a new and non pet apartment, so am desperate in getting her re-home....I really need a reasonable Mum/Dad that will shower her with love and attention.

Thanks Happy New Year

:confused: So what is the scam? Should i play along using made up answers to see whats going on?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

So me and the better half are looking for a doggie and she saw an add on gumtree she sent a quick email and this Obvious fraud type email came back.
    The dog owners wife was tragically killed in a car accident........

Hi There!

She is still available and ready to go for a new home. My puppy is potty trained , home raised k.c registered , vet checked and will come with all papers needed. In placing this puppy out for adoption, I am looking for reasonable,knowledgeable and cautious person who can offer her tenderness,nursery with lots of love kisses and hugs.I am not out to look for money by selling my baby all i need is just a caring and loving forever home for my baby where she will be well loved and spoiled to rotten ..... .This adorable,cute and gorgeous puppy is 12 weeks 4days old and will be the perfect match for you.She will be the best playmate you've ever dream's of.With her great personality & good temperaments with kids and other pets,she will be the one to steal your heart.She will be coming along with her vet records,and all her KC registration papers attached to her package with lots of play toys.You have nothing to worry about because i will also enclose her hand book & feeding menu to her package. Promise me that you will shower her with lots of TLC ..And i will never like my baby to end up in a shelter or rescue,feel free to mail me if you are willing to get her. I will like to ask you some few questions if you do not mind.

1:Where are you located(Mr/Mrs)?
    3:Do you have kids.if yes are they going to take good care of the Puppy?
    5:Are you a breeder?
    6:Do you have experience in breeding Puppies?
    7:How soon do you need her?

Sorry for asking so much questions but i am just trying to look a good and loving home for my baby. My reason giving this puppy for adoption is due to the fact that i lost my Wife in a motor accident 3 weeks ago, so i don't have enough time taking good care of this lovely Puppy, i have also moved into a new and non pet apartment, so am desperate in getting her re-home....I really need a reasonable Mum/Dad that will shower her with love and attention.

Thanks Happy New Year

:confused: So what is the scam? Should i play along using made up answers to see whats going on?:confused:

Its a really old scam, don't play along with it, just give it up now and look for a real dog.:D The dog itself is free, but you have to pay for the transportation, and you have to pay up front into a bank account. Even if you say you can travel and collect the dog, they will have moved to a different city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

No dont play along at all, you are only encouraging these people by doing so.

There are scams everywhere for all sorts of things for sale on the internet, dogs included.
    If i was looking for a puppy i would be contacting the irish kennel club for recommended breeders and go through the specific breed club the your chosen breed.
    Stay away from all those sites like donedeal and gum tree, they are full of dodgy, back yard breeders selling dogs to line their pockets.

If you arent looking for a pedigree dog then your local rescue or pound is the place to go as there are thousands of dogs looking for homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭finnegan2010

My god I see, What sort of Low life comes up with this sort of wife death story.
    Ok thanks for the Input Ill contact the website to let them know so it can be deleted. And for those of you who see these runnnnn
    Cheers Peeps & Beware ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭CreedonsDogDayc

www.pedigreedogs.ie is a scam free site, very well run.

Advertisement