Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE confused with Dublin Post Codes?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ajc100

Agreed:

Thomas Street Dublin 8

Although if you look up Vicar Street, there contact details are:

Vicar Street
    58 Thomas Street
    Dublin, D 2
    Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Weird stuff, sure Dublin 8 goes down to Cornmarket, down High St to Christchurch and down by Werburgh St that would be the boundary over that way so weird that Vicar St consider themselves Dublin 2 (could be for tourists knowing Dublin 2 is city centre or property value being greater:confused:).

Oh and I didn't need google maps to tell me Thomas St is Dublin 8, 20 years living in Dublin 8 tells you a lot.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Referred to as Dublin 2 here:

http://www.bannon.ie/property.php?intProductID=39

I always would have said it's Dublin 8 myself.

Only 20 years, sure your only a wee pup :D

Its strange also that most people assume the river is the divide between north and south and that postal codes do the same, but if you look at the Park, its D8.

Áras an Uachtaráin,
    Phoenix Park,
    Dublin 8

I wont insult you by putting up a map but if any one else need to look it up try Google maps
    ;):rolleyes:

Gavin "shels", do you remember the old Wessel site in Sth Circular Rd, i worked there until it closed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

ajc100 wrote: »
    Only 20 years, sure your only a wee pup :D

Its strange also that most people assume the river is the divide between north and south and that postal codes do the same, but if you look at the Park, its D8.

Áras an Uachtaráin,
    Phoenix Park,
    Dublin 8

I wont insult you by putting up a map but if any one else need to look it up try Google maps
    ;):rolleyes:

Gavin "shels", do you remember the old Wessel site in Sth Circular Rd, i worked there until it closed down.

Wee pup, but all my life. Plus the mother and my late nan lived in the area all their lives so have heard tonnes of stories.

Phoenix Park is an exception I suppose, don't think there's anywhere else in Dublin that it.

Old Wessel? Never heard of it, whereabouts on the SCR?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

ajc100 wrote: »
    Its strange also that most people assume the river is the divide between north and south and that postal codes do the same
    Yet there are few street corners with an even number on one side and an odd on the other.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Its postcode snobbery... been going on years. Happens around my area as well. Small housing area right slap bang in the middle of Dublin 12 listed as Dublin 6W :rolleyes:

AJC100, I remember the Wessel site. My old man worked there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

GBX wrote: »
    Its postcode snobbery... been going on years. Happens around my area as well. Small housing area right slap bang in the middle of Dublin 12 listed as Dublin 6W :rolleyes:

This gentrification thing happens all the time. Cathal Brugha Street over time has consumed quite a bit of Sean McDermott Street ;)

Old Wessel? Never heard of it, whereabouts on the SCR?

ON the corner of Suir Rd and SC Rd, in behind the houses, i think there is an apartment block there now.

Whats his name? When did he Finnish up? Tell him i hope he is well.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Post office should just stop delivering to people who do this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Phoenix Park is an exception I suppose, don't think there's anywhere else in Dublin that it.

Northside of Chapelizod is Dublin 20, I know it well.
    It would make no sense to have two postcodes for the village

Advertisement