Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Atlantic on Cablevision

Options
  • 01-02-2011 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Anyone know if Casey's Cablevision are planning on adding Sky Atlantic?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Seemingly Sky Atlantic is going to be on Sky only for the medium term. I'd say they are going to go on a drive of getting people to switch and this channel is a very good reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭TGO

Yeah i'd say you're right, cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

The channel lineup on Caseys is still poor imo and the PQ on some channels is shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭deadduck

Can anyone tell me what channels are available on casey cablevision that are not on UPC i.e., are ITV 2, 3 & 4 still on there?

ITV 2, 3, 4 and channel 5 are there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Steve30x

If you can get a dish installed you are better off with Sky. You get a lot more channels for less money with picture quality thats twice as good. I wont be going back to Caseys TV until they improve their channel list. Some of my favourites arent on there and their box doesnt have the sky+ feature to record TV programs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

Steve30x wrote: »
    If you can get a dish installed you are better off with Sky. You get a lot more channels for less money with picture quality thats twice as good. I wont be going back to Caseys TV until they improve their channel list. Some of my favourites arent on there and their box doesnt have the sky+ feature to record TV programs etc.

I cant understand why someone would choose Rupert Murdoch's empire rather than a brilliant local company like Caseys!!
    They provided a brilliant multi-channel service in Dungarvan for decades and employed local people. They have THE BEST BROADBAND SERVICE IN IRELAND. They have a great reputation as employers and I will never leave Caseys as long as it remains in the ownership of the family. Sean Casey was a man ahead of his time who did trojan work for Dungarvan and the surrounding area. That fact should never be forgotten!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

It's not forgotten....

I've been with caseys for my broadband for the last 10 years, maybe more, never once had a problem, and the download speeds are incredible, the upload could do with a boost tho.

But they tv service is nothing in comparison to sky.

I cant understand why someone would choose Rupert Murdoch's empire rather than a brilliant local company like Caseys!!
    They provided a brilliant multi-channel service in Dungarvan for decades and employed local people. They have THE BEST BROADBAND SERVICE IN IRELAND. They have a great reputation as employers and I will never leave Caseys as long as it remains in the ownership of the family. Sean Casey was a man ahead of his time who did trojan work for Dungarvan and the surrounding area. That fact should never be forgotten!!

You are getting a bit carried away there. I have caseys internet with eight years now and I had their channels until they started cutting and changing channels. Some of the channels I watch all the time on Sky TV are not on caseys , I cant record my favourite programs with caseys like I can with sky and I can see whats on each channels for an entire week through the EPG on sky where on caseys it only shows whats on next. Also some of the channles on caseys have terrible picture quality.

The day that I can trust caseys to not start changing or cutting channels , my favourite channels are on caseys , I can set the box to record two programs on certain days at certain times , the EPG works like it does on SKY and the picture quality is good on all channels I will return to caseys. Until that day I will stick with caseys internet only.

The channel line up on Caseys television service is rubbish. People shouldn't be expected to blindly pay for a service that is poor. The broadband on the other hand is savage. It is amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

This week, i've had my first every problem with Caseys broadband service, in over 10 years of service.

it went dodgy for 3 days, but once the problem was fixed, and the firmware on my router was upgraded, i'm enjoying some fantastic speeds! ;)

1496023288.png

I'd just like to add, i'm getting these speeds OVER wifi.... :)

I had my internet connection go bad four years ago. The connection kept dropping every thirty seconds and this was going on for five weeks. They were blaming it on my hardware or computer / software settings , but in the end it turned out to be one of their servers was having trouble. I got a month of free internet when it was fixed though.

Also I just discovered that sky is after changing some of their channel packages. I just wanted to get some movie channels like it was for years where there was either all the movie channels or two seperate movie packs , but theyve got rid o the two movie packs and now you have no choice but to have all movie channels or none. I was never notified by sky of these changes.

Advertisement