Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH Beers - Saturday 5th March - Location/Venue TBD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Terry wrote: »
    Meeting up with people from the internet means you are a loser.
    I'm soooooo ****ing cool for saying that.

You all suck because you are not cool.

Penis and gay jokes are funny.
    take that back! (withdraw)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

OP, want a boards beers?
    Suggest a venue, ask a mod to put up a poll of sorts, expect people from outside Dublin to bitch and moan, expect super cool people from Dublin to be too cool for school,

Pick a date about a month from now. This will give everyone enough time to put it in their schedule.
    Ignore the "why is it always in Dublin" crap. It's always in Dublin because it's the largest city in the country. Dublin also has more accomdation than anywhere else in the country, and is also the easiest city to reach from every other part of the country.

Tell the whiny britches that they can always have a local beers.

Or you could just get Degsy to sort it. He always delivers.

take that back! (withdraw)
    No.

No.
    Withdraw!

Withdraw!
    No.

Then you post "withdraw" again and it goes on and on and on.
    The answer is No. I will not withdraw whatever it is you're whining about.

You can post "withdraw" again, but I won't respond.
    You can have the last word, if that gets you off.
    I'm gonna watch some Ashlynn Brooke stuff. Goodnight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Last call for back on topic street.

No.

Then you post "withdraw" again and it goes on and on and on.
    The answer is No. I will not withdraw whatever it is you're whining about.

You can post "withdraw" again, but I won't respond.
    You can have the last word, if that gets you off.
    I'm gonna watch some Ashlynn Brooke stuff. Goodnight.
    Night Terr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Could we try for the fourth of March, and we may as well just get a mod to pick a few dublin pubs for a poll and see where it goes from there. After seeing what others have said it may as well just be in Dublin, less hassle for the majority and all

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

OP, want a boards beers?
    Suggest a venue, ask a mod to put up a poll of sorts, expect people from outside Dublin to bitch and moan, expect super cool people from Dublin to be too cool for school,

Pick a date about a month from now. This will give everyone enough time to put it in their schedule.
    Ignore the "why is it always in Dublin" crap. It's always in Dublin because it's the largest city in the country. Dublin also has more accomdation than anywhere else in the country, and is also the easiest city to reach from every other part of the country.

Tell the whiny britches that they can always have a local beers.

Or you could just get Degsy to sort it. He always delivers.
    This, especially the emboldened bit.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

De yiz want beers..de yiz?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

AH BEERS - SATURDAY MARCH 5TH - LOCATION/VENUE TBD

lets work from this start and get it organised soon so people can make plans for travel/accommodation etc..

Location and venue suggestions please people

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Sub Lounge? ;)

The Bleeding Horse :)

O'Neills, although the Smithwicks smelled like cat piss the last time I was there. Nice pub on the whole.

The Master wrote: »
    AH BEERS - SATURDAY MARCH 5TH - LOCATION/VENUE TBD

lets work from this start and get it organised soon so people can make plans for travel/accommodation etc..

Location and venue suggestions please people

Messrs always look after us and its a good central location.

Degsy wrote: »
    Messrs always look after us and its a good central location.

Absolute rip-off though.

In Sub Lounge all pints are €3.20, they do drink promos on Saturday nights, they do free food platters for parties of over 20 and it's also really central (beside Tara Street Station)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Absolute rip-off though.

In Sub Lounge all pints are €3.20, they do drink promos on Saturday nights, they do free food platters for parties of over 20 and it's also really central (beside Tara Street Station)

Is that a new name for O'Reillys???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

I haven't been to one of these things before, but am really thinking about going to the next one. There's no initiation ceremonies involving acts of humiliation, is there? The paddling of the swolen ass, with paddles, and so forth?

kfallon wrote: »

It's called both I think!

http://www.sublounge.ie/
    Sanjuro wrote: »
    I haven't been to one of these things before, but am really thinking about going to the next one. There's no initiation ceremonies involving acts of humiliation, is there? The paddling of the swolen ass, with paddles, and so forth?

Of course...That's the best part \o/

It's called both I think!

http://www.sublounge.ie/

Ah that's it alright, remember having one of the worst cider shites ever in there around Xmas time a few years ago. Suppose you could say happy memories as the relief was like a tablet :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

...Excellent!

Thanks be to god, I nearly wasn't going to bother going!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

I'm so incognito now, nobody knows who I am and going to a beers would ruin that :eek:

OisínT , I like the new handle.

I think Galway was a favourite just before Christmas for the AH Christmas beers, though it was too late.

kfallon wrote: »

O'Reillys' is Club Hell on saturday nights..we'd never get a place reserved there unless the sub is another venue entirely?

Degsy wrote: »
    O'Reillys' is Club Hell on saturday nights..we'd never get a place reserved there unless the sub is another venue entirely?

Had an area reserved there on Saturday just gone, only gave them about 3 weeks notice I think.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Absolute rip-off though.

messrs is only expensive if yer not having their home brews! :-P

messrs is only expensive if yer not having their home brews! :-P

I'm a lady. I only drink pints of wine.

Edit: I can't even make this night so my input is invalid!

The last time I was in Messrs the pint I got was rank!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭mstan

Why are people already discussing venues? A location still hasnt been decided on. Although some people think Dublin has already won the vote. And fair enough it might. But if it doesnt then people should respect the wishes of the majority and go to whatever city/town wins if they want to attend AH Beers.

I would like to nominate 2 locations. Galway and Athlone. Galway is one of the best citys in Ireland to go out in. Great pubs/clubs and lots of AH members are based there. Athlone is central. Easy to get to from most areas. The town has some great pubs. Club-wise, Karma and Q are ok.

Advertisement