Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH Beers - Saturday 5th March - Location/Venue TBD

Options

Comments

Can a mod create a poll with this thread to determine which location? Possibilities could be - Cork, Dublin, Galway, Limerick. Those would be likely the most popular choices, can people think of more?

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Can a mod create a poll with this thread to determine which location? Possibilities could be - Cork, Dublin, Galway, Limerick. Those would be likely the most popular choices, can people think of more?

Athlone's been mentioned, and I think Carlow should be there too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭MaybeLogic

mstan wrote: »
    Why are people already discussing venues? A location still hasnt been decided on. Although some people think Dublin has already won the vote. And fair enough it might. But if it doesnt then people should respect the wishes of the majority and go to whatever city/town wins if they want to attend AH Beers.

I would like to nominate 2 locations. Galway and Athlone. Galway is one of the best citys in Ireland to go out in. Great pubs/clubs and lots of AH members are based there. Athlone is central. Easy to get to from most areas. The town has some great pubs. Club-wise, Karma and Q are ok.

I agree.

We should have the usual Dublin vs The Rest of the Country debate, followed by a poll, before eventually deciding on Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

MaybeLogic wrote: »
    I agree.

We should have the usual Dublin vs The Rest of the Country debate, followed by a poll, before eventually deciding on Dublin.

No point, Dublin is always chosen. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Thread needs poll. Stat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭mstan

I think this would be the best way to decide on the location: Nominations should be got from member's for their preferred city/town. So far we have Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway, Athlone and Carlow. The 3 places with the most nominations would then be put to a poll to decide the location of the Beers night. Simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭MaybeLogic

I think this would be the best way to decide on the location: Nominations should be got from member's for their preferred city/town. So far we have Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway, Athlone and Carlow. The 3 places with the most nominations would then be put to a poll to decide the location of the Beers night. Simple.

So, a poll to decide which locations make it into the poll?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Just choose Dublin or it'll go on for ages, alternatively choose Kilkenny or Thurles so I can not bother with accomodation. Carlow is not worth thinking about. Hole of a place, 35 fast food shops in the town sure what does that say about the place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭mstan

So, a poll to decide which locations make it into the poll?

Yes. This is what Mr E does for the TV awards. It isnt difficult. He has to do it for loads of shows/categories. All that has to be done here is decide on a city/town somewhere around the country.....

Yes. This is what Mr E does for the TV awards. It isnt difficult. He has to do it for loads of shows/categories. All that has to be done here is decide on a city/town somewhere around the country.....

Would it not be easier just to have one poll? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Degsy wrote: »
    O'Reillys' is Club Hell on saturday nights..we'd never get a place reserved there unless the sub is another venue entirely?

I reserved tables there for this coming Saturday night only yesterday, so there should be plenty of time if the Sub is picked!

I had something on that night but I'm cancelling it so I can meet LambsEye and possibly play some drunken lezzer chicken with her.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

JaxxYChicK wrote: »
    I had something on that night but I'm cancelling it so I can meet LambsEye and possibly play some drunken lezzer chicken with her.

i' ll go to this beers regardless of the location if this is listed as the entertianment!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Get a poll up for location first, otherwise the thread will just desend into the usual moanfest about the beers always being in Dublin and other such f*cuking pointless arguments. If people want it somewhere, we'll vote and it happens there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Another AH beers i can't make.. starting to wonder are the dates picked deliberately so i won't be there. :(:p

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Another AH beers i can't make.. starting to wonder are the dates picked deliberately so i won't be there. :(:p

Shite we've been rumbled...... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

If it's on outside Dublin I will attend.
    Safe bet it won't be

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Timothy Bryce

i live in cork but refuse to attend unless its in dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

I agree.

1. Poll
    2. Carlow/Athlone/Kilkenny wins
    3. Mod decides feck Carlow/Athlone/Kilkenny we're having it in Dublin and anyone that doesn't want to come to the Dublin After Hours beers can organise their own beers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Ron Blacks was a good venue. I cast my vote!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

McChubbin wrote: »
    Ron Blacks was a good venue. I cast my vote!
    Isn't it closed down now?

• Advertisement

Awww feck. Well then how about Messrs Maguire? Cheap beer!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yep, it is.
    Degsy wrote: »
    O'Reillys' is Club Hell on saturday nights..we'd never get a place reserved there unless the sub is another venue entirely?

As the girls previous said, its easy enough to reserve and the manager is dead sound. Shouldn't be a problem.

I spoiled by vote by voting for Longford :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

McChubbin wrote: »
    Awww feck. Well then how about Messrs Maguire? Cheap beer!

Messrs is not cheap!

Larianne wrote: »
    Messrs is not cheap!

It's cheap for their homebrew. Everything else is ridiculously priced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Is there anything to be said for having one in Louth?? :D:D

Ah, classy place Longford.

Oooh, howzabout we all do somethin a bit classier and go for a restruant/bar venue? I vote the Yamamori on the Quays (around the corner from the Woolen Mills). Good food and the cocktail prices are reasonable.

Also: Geisha waitresses! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

take that back. lofo rocks!

• Advertisement

How about that place under Tara St. DART station? Hear it's supposed to be great craic.

Advertisement