Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH Beers - Saturday 5th March - Location/Venue TBD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

McChubbin wrote: »
    Oooh, howzabout we all do somethin a bit classier and go for a restruant/bar venue? I vote the Yamamori on the Quays (around the corner from the Woolen Mills). Good food and the cocktail prices are reasonable.

Also: Geisha waitresses! :D

Bit of an organisational nightmare, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

It's cheap for their homebrew. Everything else is ridiculously priced.

I don't drink homebrew. :cool:
    I spoiled by vote by voting for Longford :pac:

I picked Mayo. Haven't been in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

How about that place under Tara St. DART station? Hear it's supposed to be great craic.

:)
    Sub Lounge? ;)
    Absolute rip-off though.

In Sub Lounge all pints are €3.20, they do drink promos on Saturday nights, they do free food platters for parties of over 20 and it's also really central (beside Tara Street Station)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

How about that place under Tara St. DART station? Hear it's supposed to be great craic.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Larianne wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Am I doing it wrong?:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

I believe ibarelycare was talking about that place earlier. O'Reilly's. I've been in it a good few times. Pretty good place. Very roomy. Cheap beer (as in price, not quality), central (if it's held in Dublin). I'd give that place my vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

If it's on in Claire, I'm there. If it is on in Clare I am not.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Up-n-atom!

Oooo, I might even come out from under the rock I'm hiding under to go to this, if yiz'll have me...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Sanjuro wrote: »
    I believe ibarelycare was talking about that place earlier. O'Reilly's. I've been in it a good few times. Pretty good place. Very roomy. Cheap beer (as in price, not quality), central (if it's held in Dublin). I'd give that place my vote.

Very roomy? Think Ive been in a different O'Reillys/Sub Lounge to you!! Its always crammed when Im there (unless its midweek)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭ucdmike

What the fu*k is with that poll? Is someone taking the p!ss? Seriously, I think a night away from Dublin could be good. But lets have a poll with about 5 different locations around the Country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

mstan wrote: »
    Athlone. 25th February. Starting in Sean's Bar. Finishing in Karma. DONE

Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭AndyGarcia

Jayyyysus,

The girls on boards are crackers, hopefully they will be all at it :D

on another note what bollix picked Offaly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭MaybeLogic

ucdmike wrote: »
    What the fu*k is with that poll? Is someone taking the p!ss? Seriously, I think a night away from Dublin could be good. But lets have a poll with about 5 different locations around the Country.

The last time there was a poll with a few locations, people, some with no intention of even attending, voted for one of the locations outside Dublin, just to be contrary.

This is far more democratic. A free and fair election.

Azureus wrote: »
    Very roomy? Think Ive been in a different O'Reillys/Sub Lounge to you!! Its always crammed when Im there (unless its midweek)

Well, granted. I've only been there mid-week. Everywhere is packed and small at the weekend.

AndyGarcia wrote: »

on another note what bollix picked Offaly?

Well, we could burn it to the ground at the end of the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Did we lose Wicklow to the IMF or something, it's not on the poll!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

ucdmike wrote: »

It's a clever way of doing it. Anonymous so people can just vote for their home county and with Dublin having the highest population it's always going to win....plus polls like these in AH are always rigged.
    MaybeLogic wrote: »
    The last time there was a poll with a few locations, people, some with no intention of even attending, voted for one of the locations outside Dublin, just to be contrary.

This is far more democratic. A free and fair election.

OK...and how are you guaranteed that the people who voted here would attend the beers? :confused:

TheZohan wrote: »
    OK...and how are you guaranteed that the people who voted here would attend the beers? :confused:

There's no guarantee.

But some people voted last time (maybe not the last time, but a recent AH beers) and admitted they were voting for Carlow, I think it was, just because they didn't want it Dublin.

A repeat of that type of vote probably wouldn't be fair, again.

There's no guarantee.

But some people voted last time (maybe not the last time, but a recent AH beers) and admitted they were voting for Carlow, I think it was, just because they didn't want it Dublin.

A repeat of that type of vote probably wouldn't be fair, again.

Actually those that voted for Carlow genuinely wanted it there.

Actually those that voted for Carlow genuinely wanted it there.

Some people are idiots who shouldn't be allowed to vote.

This is only fair in a genuinely democratic election.

Some people are idiots who shouldn't be allowed to vote.

This is only fair in a genuinely democratic election.

Super-Rush voted for Carlow, as did I and a good few other posters.

• Advertisement

Super-Rush voted for Carlow, as did I and a good few other posters.

That's my point.

Only kidding.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

It's kind of impossible to have a poll that everyone would be happy with. We could have a smaller poll featuring Dublin, Galway, Cork and possibly Athlone because it's midpoint, as they are bigger towns/cities and are easily accessible from most parts of the country. If we had one of those polls based on that criteria, would Carlow feature? At least this poll gives everyone from any county a say.

Personally, I voted for Dublin. The only reason I did this is because I haven't been to a beers before. So naturally, I chose my home town. It's somewhere I know, and feel comfortable in. Once the ice is broken, so to speak, I'd have no problem going anywhere in the country.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Which county do we pick for Athlone?

Is there much of a difference between the east and west :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Which county do we pick for Athlone?

Is there much of a difference between the east and west :P

Yes! Note the average speed/driving ability drop as you cross the Shannon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Boardsie-y-u-no-like-Wicklow.jpg

Why can't I make this a picture? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I spoiled by vote by voting for Longford :pac:
    I spoiled mine by voting for Dublin.
    Then again, I just wanted to keep AH safe.
    Were I to push for Leixlip (Co. Kildare), there would definitely be people going home with injuries. Makikomi can confirm that. He witnessed the normal Leixlip Saturday night in sobriety on many occasions. The poor bastard. It's much funnier when you're drunk.

It's a clever way of doing it. Anonymous so people can just vote for their home county and with Dublin having the highest population it's always going to win....plus polls like these in AH are always rigged.

This dude knows. He was an AH mod, so he rigged a few polls in his time.
    There's only one AH mod based in Dublin at the moment, so you know that the rest are going to try and push the vote towards their own counties.

As of this post, Dublin has the vast majority of the votes, and my point about regional beers still stands.

Don't live in Dublin? Then organise a beers in your own county. It's not ****ing rocket science.
    I'm not from Dublin, but I'd go to an AH beers in Dublin quicker than I'd go to one in Kildare.
    Besides, it's been about 18 months since I annoyed boardsies in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Boardsie-y-u-no-like-Wicklow.jpg

Why can't I make this a picture? :(
    Hah. Caught out.
    You don't deserve a vote on the location of the AH beers because you don't know about the no image embedding rule.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Terry wrote: »
    Hah. Caught out.
    You don't deserve a vote on the location of the AH beers because you don't know about the no image embedding rule.
    You never withdrew your nasty mean comments so you shouldn't get a vote either Terry:P

Advertisement