Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosso Restaurant Closed?

Options
  • 01-02-2011 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭

head to http://www.rossorestaurant.com/ and you get the message

We regret to inform you that as of Monday 31st January 2011 Rosso Restaurant has permanently ceased to trade. We would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank our customers for their valued custom and loyalty over the last number of years and our suppliers for their service to our business

anyone know any more about it?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

That's a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

They were listed in the Michelin top 100 restaurants in Ireland this week.

Just read it in the Argus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

event wrote: »
    head to http://www.rossorestaurant.com/ and you get the message

We regret to inform you that as of Monday 31st January 2011 Rosso Restaurant has permanently ceased to trade. We would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank our customers for their valued custom and loyalty over the last number of years and our suppliers for their service to our business

anyone know any more about it?
    Maybe it's just me but: What more is there to know or say?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

They were very quiet in December when they should have done a good trade with Christmas lunches and office parties and January is an awful month for restaurants and tax rises didnt help, sad to see them go as the service there was always excellent and the food was great

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

Maybe it's just me but: What more is there to know or say?

well does anyone know why they closed, was it just poor business?

i was there 2 weeks ago and it was packed. havent heard of many other restaurants in the town having to close, seems a bit sudden

if anyone has gift vouchers since christmas, what do they do?

• Advertisement

event wrote: »
    if anyone has gift vouchers since christmas, what do they do?

The gits sold gift vouchers 3 days before they closed. Sneaky!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 koptart

I think they own the Nuremore as well so anyone with vouchers could ring there to find out what they can do.

koptart wrote: »
    I think they own the Nuremore as well so anyone with vouchers could ring there to find out what they can do.

LOL :D:D
    The company trading as Rosso is completely different.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

indiewindy wrote: »

Any links to this online ?

I can't find any .

• Advertisement

ninja 12 wrote: »
    Any links to this online ?

I can't find any .

Your right,so I have removed my post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

I am getting wed in Nuremore this year.

Hotel Nuremore is not in receivership.

I have checked the CRO website and there is no judgements registered against the hotel or notification of an appointment of a receiver.

I also checked the Commercial Court judgements from December to date and there is no reference to Hotel Nuremore either.

I have reviewed the Abdriged Accounts for year 2009 for Hotel Nuremore and while they made operating losses for 2008 (approx 400k) and 2009 (approx 600k) they are able to service loans as they fall due.

The auditor report for the year 2009 made not reference to inherent risk.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 Mr Locksmith

The lady that operated Rosso (sad to see it gone).Her parents own the Nuremore.No connection at all.

Advertisement