Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

australian ABN

Options
  • 01-02-2011 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

anybody here know whats the story if you didnt pay your tax (while on abn) at the end of the year left the country and want to return to australia:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

gtst wrote: »
    anybody here know whats the story if you didnt pay your tax (while on abn) at the end of the year left the country and want to return to australia:o

You'll be the first paddy on Nothing to Declare!

If it's the same as America, where not paying a toll or a parking fine could see you walking back on the plane, i'd be worried.. Give the Australian embassy a shout and offer to pay the tax plus any fines if necessary... And be nice:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 gtst

jwcurtin wrote: »
    You'll be the first paddy on Nothing to Declare!

If it's the same as America, where not paying a toll or a parking fine could see you walking back on the plane, i'd be worried.. Give the Australian embassy a shout and offer to pay the tax plus any fines if necessary... And be nice:D

ha ha!!:D thought that too!!! but just checking did anyone else chance it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

I got caught speeding in oz twice when i was on a whv and i never paid the fines and i have been back a few times since and never had any problems getting into the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ncc98071

Hi

I was in OZ in 2003 on whv, using abn, so didnt pay any tax, also got speeding fine which didnt pay

Returned in 2007 , no mention of either, and picked up another speeding fine which didnt pay either!!

You will be fine

ncc98071 wrote: »
    Hi

I was in OZ in 2003 on whv, using abn, so didnt pay any tax, also got speeding fine which didnt pay

Returned in 2007 , no mention of either, and picked up another speeding fine which didnt pay either!!

You will be fine

did you work after going back. if so did you use abn or tfn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ncc98071

no didnt work when i went back, was just there on holiday

ncc98071 wrote: »
    no didnt work when i went back, was just there on holiday
    wonder would that make any difference!!

anyone else with info ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 19 pjd435

I was in OZ in 2005 using an ABN, done a tax return but didnt pay the bill cause I had to go home at short notice. Went back on a holiday in 2008 and there wasnt a problem.
    If you want to return on a skilled migrating visa ring an accountant, they can check how much you owe on a tax agents portal without contacting the ATO.

pjd435 wrote: »
    I was in OZ in 2005 using an ABN, done a tax return but didnt pay the bill cause I had to go home at short notice. Went back on a holiday in 2008 and there wasnt a problem.
    If you want to return on a skilled migrating visa ring an accountant, they can check how much you owe on a tax agents portal without contacting the ATO.

Sounds like a plan!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 JonnyCash10

So has anyone gone back on a sponsorship visa who used the abn and didnt pay the tax?

Any Hassle?

Advertisement