Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Atlantic

• 01-02-2011 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭

Are any of you getting a bad sound from it?

Like a worble in the sound that is repetitive

its the first show in the first 5 mins and they have had a advert break already.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭K2

checked it this a.m. and got the preview stuff a-okay, set it to record at 21:00 hrs just checked it as the red record light was not showing on the sky box.....and it says no signal being received!!!wtf:eek: is this just me or is it a problem for all sky customers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

gsxr1 wrote: »

its the first show in the first 5 mins and they have had a advert break already.

Yep, getting occasional "sound pops" during Boardwalk Empire alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭the corpo

aye, same hear, bit of flutter in the bass frequencies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

Interference from my iPhone on wifi with this channel. Means I can't multitask!

Edit: oh and the DOG is horribly big and white. Really distracting I found

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭susiewoosie

I heard on radio this morning (not sure if it was scaremongering) that Sky Atlantic - you will eventually have to subscribe to it

I'm already a sky+ customer.... does anyone know if you will have to pay 'extra'

I don't want to start getting addicted to some good programmes and they find out I have to pay extra in a few weeks

I have been looking up online in a few places for information but haven't see anywhere mentioning this...

Any info would be great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭An Tarbh

I heard on radio this morning (not sure if it was scaremongering) that Sky Atlantic - you will eventually have to subscribe to it

I'm already a sky+ customer.... does anyone know if you will have to pay 'extra'

I don't want to start getting addicted to some good programmes and they find out I have to pay extra in a few weeks

I have been looking up online in a few places for information but haven't see anywhere mentioning this...

Any info would be great

from August it will be in the variety pack, which practically most Sky Customers have regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,567 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

i doubt you will have to pay for it as i see it as a means to keep customers or entice them away from UPC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

An Tarbh wrote: »
    from August it will be in the variety pack, which practically most Sky Customers have regardless.

Correct-they have advertised this fact from the first time they started advertising this channel,people don't pay enough attention and just hear what they deem to be bad news.

99.99% of people have the variety pack so nothing will change for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

I had no problems with it last night ,the picture and sound were perfect all night ,Sky + HD

I had no problems with it last night ,the picture and sound were perfect all night ,Sky + HD

Picture was perfect alright - but there definitely were sound issues. There was subtle sound "pops" or skips. Not constant but it did happen enough to be annoying!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Widescreen

Not problems for me being just a lowly SD subscriber. The trusty PACE Sky+ recorded Boardwalk Empire perfectly. Set the series link straight away it looks a good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 jujamax

gsxr1 wrote: »

Far too many ad breaks last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

jujamax wrote: »
    Far too many ad breaks last night.

Recorded "Boardwalk Empire" and began viewing it half an hour after the scheduled start. I skipped the ad breaks as they appeared and by the time the 90 minute (inc. breaks) programme ended, I'd almost caught up with the live broadcast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 mrdsmith

gizmo555 wrote: »
    Recorded "Boardwalk Empire" and began viewing it half an hour after the scheduled start. I skipped the ad breaks as they appeared and by the time the 90 minute (inc. breaks) programme ended, I'd almost caught up with the live broadcast.
    Ha!

I watch Boardwalk Empire on the Anytime.

And I must say, Boardwalk Empire is brilliant! One of the best programmes on TV at the moment. :D Well done Sky!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

I dont see boardwalk empire on Sky anytime when was it added

scaller wrote: »
    I dont see boardwalk empire on Sky anytime when was it added
    It was on it at around 4 o'clock today.
    I recorded/transferred it from the Anytime into the Planner.

Unless they've taken it off it since? :confused:
    I can't remember what date it said it will be on the Anytime till.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

mrdsmith wrote: »
    It was on it at around 4 o'clock today.
    I recorded/transferred it from the Anytime into the Planner.

Unless they've taken it off it since? :confused:
    I can't remember what date it said it will be on the Anytime till.

I still have it on Anytime and it's there until tomorrow.

its not on my anytime at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

I can't get Sky Atlantic and my Sky 2 has gone also. Says no signal being received.

Rang Sky last night and they said I will need an engineer which will cost 100 euro.

is this right? Surely if their product isn't working and I'm paying for it they should fix it?

Apparently my box needs replacing. Anyone any suggestions? Could I buy anoher Sky plus box anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

You should be able to source a second hand box here:

http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/electronics/satellite/251

• Advertisement

its not on my anytime at all.

I find that strange :confused:

Episodes 1 and 2 of Boardwalk Empire are on my Anytime.
    The 1st episode is due to be taken off it on Sunday 6th.
    The 2nd episode is due to be taken off it on Monday 7th.

Dunno how there not on your Anytime???

• Registered Users Posts: 49 jujamax

Those ad's are too much. Just like watching tv in the States. They'd drive 1 nuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Those ad's are too much. Just like watching tv in the States. They'd drive 1 nuts.

you should read up on torrent download or buy boxsets.

Its really the only way to enjoy a good show

mrdsmith wrote: »
    I find that strange :confused:

Episodes 1 and 2 of Boardwalk Empire are on my Anytime.
    The 1st episode is due to be taken off it on Sunday 6th.
    The 2nd episode is due to be taken off it on Monday 7th.

Dunno how there not on your Anytime???

They appeared on my any time tonight around 10pm

I believe HBO do not have ad breaks in the States (so the wife tells me but I stand to be corrected) but yes I believe the other US channels have a lot of ad breaks during the shows they broadcast.

In saying that, this is a Sky channel and not a HBO channel.

golfball37 wrote: »
    I can't get Sky Atlantic and my Sky 2 has gone also. Says no signal being received.

Rang Sky last night and they said I will need an engineer which will cost 100 euro.

is this right? Surely if their product isn't working and I'm paying for it they should fix it?

Apparently my box needs replacing. Anyone any suggestions? Could I buy anoher Sky plus box anywhere?

Give this a go.

Get through to SKY IRELAND, ask for disconnections. Tell them you want to cancel your service - they will ask why, tell them your box packed up and you were told it would cost €100 for a engineer. So you decided to contact UPC who are more than happy to offer you a set up and cheaper subs.

Sky will panic and most likely offer you a free engineer visit.

You can only try!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Give this a go.

Get through to SKY IRELAND, ask for disconnections. Tell them you want to cancel your service - they will ask why, tell them your box packed up and you were told it would cost €100 for a engineer. So you decided to contact UPC who are more than happy to offer you a set up and cheaper subs.

Sky will panic and most likely offer you a free engineer visit.

You can only try!

Be aware that some Sky agents will call your bluff. It's rare but it does happen from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭GowlBag

Yep. I got sound issues. A warbling sound most noticable while people are talking or when there's music playing. Have only watched Boardwalk Empire so not sure if it's just that show. I have it on Series link. Wouldn't dream of waching it if I couldnt FF the ads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Start watching 15/20 minutes late and fast forward through the ads

• Advertisement

They appeared on my any time tonight around 10pm
    Glad to hear!
    Its much better watching it on the Anytime.

• Site Banned Posts: 243 ✭✭yardeyar

Hi, is it possible to receive Sky Atlantic for free using a Sat Dish and a Triax Receiver?
    Thanks!
    YEAH!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

yardeyar wrote: »
    Hi, is it possible to receive Sky Atlantic for free using a Sat Dish and a Triax Receiver?
    Thanks!
    YEAH!
    Wouldn't think so would you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Sky Atlantic requires you to be a Sky subscriber, to at least the minimum package.

Anyone else experience sound issues last night due Boardwalk Empire?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭Scotty #

I've only watched BE from the planner. No sound problems.

Torrent FTW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Sound problems here also. Using the optical output to an A/V receiver.

Advertisement