Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

site which needs alot of filling

Options
  • 01-02-2011 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

have my eye on a site and a neighbour told me it will need alot of filling before foundations, just wondering how could find out how much or can you?? any advice welcome.. thks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭harry21

Why will it need filling?

Its easy to calculate... its just the volume (lenght by width by height)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 jacinta12

thks for reply im not too sure think the neighbour meant its low lying dont know if that makes sense. thks for reply...

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭harry21

Nothin gwrong with low-lying unless is going to flood or you can't access it.

Get an engineer they will tell you.

Best of luck

so much for your reply i laughed when saw your name i have a baby boy called him harry!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭Tefral

Is the site longside you higher up and does it have a house on it?

My father built a house and a few years later the site next door was built on but for some crazy reason they dropped the formation level down about 3 feet...

We have brilliant drained soil since! All the water is running straight into their garden.

• Advertisement

there are houses beside this site but not sure about that never thought to ask the neighbour!!may get back out and have a look.. going to give an engineer a call tommor and see...thks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭Tefral

Whats the site like to walk on? Has there been a percolation test done? Is there many reeds/rushes on the site?

A couple of site around here needed about half a metre of soil (raised) to bring them up enough to provide for a well drained garden, if the land is dead flat then you may need to raise it a bit to avoid ponding around the percolation area of the septic tank.

Advertisement